WW2 Captain America Project

Originally posted by rudolpht+Nov 14 2005, 10:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudolpht @ Nov 14 2005, 10:47 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Army Scout@Nov 14 2005, 06:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-BatDemon
@Nov 14 2005, 01:59 PM
Chris,

Being a WWII buff, I hope you'll be correcting the Captain's Bars on the epulets. 2 bars not 3, but that's the only thing amiss on the sketch.
[snapback]1116338[/snapback]​

But are those rank????

Chris
[snapback]1116383[/snapback]​

I would think it raises too many questions regardless, would ditch the top most one (closest to the neck) as they are not epaulets either, but I don't know the historical lineage of the graphic.
[snapback]1116567[/snapback]​
[/b]

The graphic was designed by a guy in Canada, that goes by EvilGenius on some boards. On dress uniforms, rank insignia is generally on the shoulder, filed is the collar. I saw those as rank bars myself.

large_p_1411_image.jpg

The army used a dark blue denim for fatigues early in the war, until it was replaced by herringbone twill - so you'll be accurate using denim.

The M-1 ammo belt you posted a pic of isn't U.S.G.I. It should have "Lift-the-dot" snaps, like on the 1911 ammo pouch.

You might want to consider getting some leggings, dying them red and modifying those, rather than messing with expensive double-buckle boots. It'll be easier to attach armor shins to, I think, and will come up farther on your leg.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Dreadmel@Dec 13 2005, 12:22 PM
Mr. ArmyScout....how is the progress going as in designing the costume?  DON'T MAKE ME CALL YOU UP ON THE PHONE... hehe.
[snapback]1135075[/snapback]​

I have been buying gun and insurance, so I have done nothing yet :)

Loser....

Chris

LOL. Punk...I'm surprised the state is allowing you to own guns. Well I can't wait till you start working on this project.

(just so you know, Chris and I are friends and aren't flaming each other)

Originally posted by Dreadmel@Dec 13 2005, 03:04 PM
LOL.  Punk...I'm surprised the state is allowing you to own guns.  Well I can't wait till you start working on this project.

(just so you know, Chris and I are friends and aren't flaming each other)
[snapback]1135208[/snapback]​

Dude, gimme a call in the office.

Chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back