Alien 1979 Project - 1:18 scale Nostromo interior scratch builds

sithfire30

Hey guys!

Along with the 1:18 scale figures I am sculpting from the motion picture ALIEN, I am also working on dioramas inspired by the sets that appear in the film. I plan on creating several - The galley, bridge, mother, medical, sleep chamber and various corridors. A long term project for sure but a labor of love...

Nostromo-Panel-A13.jpg

Nostromo-Panel-A12.jpg

Nostromo-Panel-A14.jpg

Nostromo-Panel-A16.jpg

Nostromo-Panel-A15.jpg

The above image shows the figures I am working on placed within the working diorama to get proper scale.

Nostromo-Bridge1.jpg

A scratch build of the Nostromo pilot chair frame - inspired by the conceptual designs of Ron Cobb and the production work seen in the 1979 motion picture ALIEN. 1:18 scale. The finished frame will be molded then cast several times, adding a variance of worn upholstery and detailing to each using aves FIXIT. The chairs railing, which allows the pilot to move forward to engange the control panels and back to secure for launches and landings, will be created seperately and mount on metal rods. The safety belts will be added later.

Thanks for looking!

Catch up with more of my work here! Sith_Fire30 Creations

Great idea and an excellent start. Looking forward to this.
The Nostromo interior really felt like a genuine working and living space that was part of a real star ship. I hope Prometheus will convey a similar 'real feeling' interior.
Good luck with your project :)

Wow, just wow... Great idea and performance! It has the right look, and I felt the feeling from the film right away!

God, that is really cool! You're nailing the Nostromo vibe. You gonna add the little rocking bird and beer cans? Awesome work.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back