JFcustom's FOAM files

Thank you,JP and Laellee.

try to separate the environment for the mouth and nose from the eyes.Have some foam across you nose and cheeks. Side vents are less distracting than holes up front.
@JPH: now do you mean that an internal separation/structure needs to be made to either isolate the eye area,or divert the breath from the lenses off to the side(vent)s ? Like a foam strip,enclosing the mouth and nose,with vent channels reaching to the cheeks? Thank you again for clarifying.

Last edited:
like dis nosebridge.jpg

Hey for whatever reason I can't print pepakura files but I am able to do pdf ones. I am trying to help my friend out with shoretrooper armor but it may be next to impossible to find a pdf of anything at least close this early since rogue one's release. Can anyone hook me up or give some suggestions?

I would like to ask a question:

-Some pepakura files have been given defined/separated areas marked in red.If the file is unlocked,how can I remove these red lines?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I would like to ask a question:

-Some pepakura files have been given defined/separated areas marked in red.If the file is unlocked,how can I remove these red lines?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

If you haven't figured out a way to do it yet, I got a couple solutions for you.

If you're talking about the predefined cut lines that someone puts in prior to clicking the "unfold" button, you can click "undo unfold". From there, you can use the "specify open edge" tool, which allows you to select or unselect certain orange/red edges. If you double click an edge, you can usually get it to unselect an entire series of edges.

pep open edge.JPG

If you're talking about the lines on the edge of the model that usually signify that there's no other polygon attached to that side, and you just want to make it so its just not visible anymore, then here's an alternative. Go to "3D Menu", then to "View Setup...". Under the "Edge" setting, make sure "Black" is checked instead of "Color". Hopefully that works for what you're mentioning.

Thank you for replying,Collin.It's about the first example in your post.
I find that predetermined cut lines in general disrupt the 'flow' in whatever model I'm looking at; that,and I wish to define them myself without actually visually dividing the model.
I will have a look into your method.Thank you so much.

Nvm, tapatalk doesn't show it but my browser does

"What happened with the first page? Was ist accidental or is there a reason?"

Hey guys, been lurking for a while, amazed at what is being turned out, resistant from people on their first few attempts!

I've followed the JF Custom Foam thread and bought the Heroes Workshop series, which I thought set me up for success ;-)

First build was going to be Hiro from Big Hero 6 for my 7 year old, but took the advice in the JF thread and started on the Captain America Helmet (#TeamIronMan)

No real issues printing, cutting and transferring the template (a bit of risk and error). Even cutting out the basic shape went relatively smoothly for my first go.

Started with yoga mat foam (purple), but when it came to cutting the angles, to glue together the curves, it was too soft and I couldn't cut an angle (small wedges were hard too).

I then moved on to some foam mats (pink photos) I bought via eBay (which turned out to be way too small) and even at that thickness/density, it's still hard to cut the angle. Even a more expensive knife and fresh blade didn't help much (and the Heroes Workshop video seems to be easy).

Feeling a bit disheartened (and way behind schedule now), do I just need to find a more dense Foam (thickness of first two were 6mm and then 8mm and much stiffer) or is it just a skill I need to practise.

From Australia so don't seen to have the choices done of you others guys have for foam.

Would welcome any advice/tips.

Thanks in advance

ff7b7ea874976b72844ace0dc0ad28d0.jpg

3fa180401beea5b884d7eb74f4a197fc.jpg

e5e430301f14a47ce80e2608c6 JB9959a6.jpg

edb4adab71b4d9adeeb9dd852da6fbfe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

@Daviddriscoll Ask in forums where Australians get their foam.

Thanks, will do. I thought the idea was using thin Foam for curves, thicker for chest Armour etc but will now start considering stiffness as well ;-)
Hey guys, been lurking for a while, amazed at what is being turned out, resistant from people on their first few attempts!

I've followed the JF Custom Foam thread and bought the Heroes Workshop series, which I thought set me up for success ;-)

First build was going to be Hiro from Big Hero 6 for my 7 year old, but took the advice in the JF thread and started on the Captain America Helmet (#TeamIronMan)

No real issues printing, cutting and transferring the template (a bit of risk and error). Even cutting out the basic shape went relatively smoothly for my first go.

Started with yoga mat foam (purple), but when it came to cutting the angles, to glue together the curves, it was too soft and I couldn't cut an angle (small wedges were hard too).

I then moved on to some foam mats (pink photos) I bought via eBay (which turned out to be way too small) and even at that thickness/density, it's still hard to cut the angle. Even a more expensive knife and fresh blade didn't help much (and the Heroes Workshop video seems to be easy).

Feeling a bit disheartened (and way behind schedule now), do I just need to find a more dense Foam (thickness of first two were 6mm and then 8mm and much stiffer) or is it just a skill I need to practise.

From Australia so don't seen to have the choices done of you others guys have for foam.

Would welcome any advice/tips.

Thanks in advance

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/ff7b7ea874976b72844ace0dc0ad28d0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/3fa180401beea5b884d7eb74f4a197fc.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/e5e430301f14a47ce80e2608c6 JB9959a6.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170212/edb4adab71b4d9adeeb9dd852da6fbfe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi David,

thin (2mm) foam is usually used for detailing or delicate armor parts such as gloves.6-8mm is standard and 10mm for more solidity.
I hope you find the type of foam you need :thumbsup

Hello I have been looking for a full size warhammer space marine pattern for foam. Do you by any chance have a copy and if so do you sell them or anything

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back