JFcustom's FOAM files

some very nice crisp clean lines then mate :D regards the plastic coating is that using the smooth on stuff that xrobots had a thread about? im thinking about going down this route also for my next build how did you find working with it?

Thanks bud. Yeah I'm using 65d. I use a syringe to mix exactly 10ml of part A and 10ml of part B. Any more than this and it will start to cure before you've applied it. You have 2.5 minutes to apply it before it goes off, then 15 minutes til cure. I'm very active on the xrobots thread, some nice ideas and suggestions over there. Head over and drop any thoughts or queries within his thread.

Last edited:
Re: Speed-building files'n'tricks : added FOAM Iron Man Ultimate v2.

Thanks a lot for that thread dude! Its awesome that most people in here help each other out to make these suits, props, etc!

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Vanquish ARS suit◄.

Just an amazing resource, I am gonna bookmark this thread so I can use it for refference soon as I can afford some materials. Thanks JF

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Vanquish ARS suit◄.

Thanks to you. It's always a pleasure.

I recieve a blow of PM these days for a foam unfold of Thor suit. So here it is :
thor.rar

Could someone tell me who's the modeler of each of these files, so I can add credits ?

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄.

Heya JF. Great work as always. I was curious if there was a foam template for the Classic Iron Man available or a link somewhere? Don't know if one exists or not. I have the pep files but I think it would look better as a foam build. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. And thanks for all you're tips. This thread is one of the best for foam builds. And thanks to everyone who adds their input. It really helps.

Humm... If a password is required, then it is not one of my files. :behave

I have a question.

I need to adjust a model to my size, and I found lots of tutorials on how to change the scale.

The matter is, I am not scaled as the model thinks!

For example, when building a bicep, the original diameter is fine, but the lenght isn't. So I need to change the lenght but not the diameter, and Pepakura doesn't let me do it, since as soon as I change the lenght the diameter gets scaled accordingly.

Is there any way to do it manually?

Thanks in advance!

JFcustom - Do you have an update on your divided Guyver yet? I tried to free hand the legs today and they soooo did not turn out the way I wanted. Are you taking donations or anything for all the awesome work you are doing for everyone?

JFcustom - Do you have an update on your divided Guyver yet? I tried to free hand the legs today and they soooo did not turn out the way I wanted. Are you taking donations or anything for all the awesome work you are doing for everyone?

sg01.jpg
sg02.jpg

sg03.jpg
scale.jpg

At this point, all *.obj files are humanly scaled. I now manage to unfold them the best way I can to get quick and easy *.pdo.
I can link the files here one after one as soon as they are ready, if you're in the hurry.

Donations ?
Donations, donations donations... It means I could sometimes buy a roll of tape, a box of A4 paper, or a foam mat, a pack of glue sticks, things like that, with the money of therpf members ?:) I guess I would be mighty embarrassed, but it's a concept I have to explore. One thing is sure : it would really please my wife.

lol... Harbor Freight starts it's black friday sale online today...

And those images look really good...No rush, but I have a con in March I want to try to make with it so if you do post them when you are done with each, I will be hitting the print button.

I give plasma for my foam, paint, dremel bits, and glue stick money.... that's how I keep out of our funds for this stuff....lol. I think it's awesome you post this stuff for everyone.

When we get back from the families tomorrow night i'll start... Thanks! I'll post my progress for ya....darn you're awesome! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back