JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : added IM mk6.

Wow that is an amazing build! Is this your first time working with foam? Fit's you like a glove.

Thanks!! this is actually my second build I did this one last summer.

8432-dsc02209.jpg

Thanks to you. I've been following your build for long, since you started posting on theleagueofheroes. It's finally done now, and it seems that it has been sculpted in a single part ! May I suggest just a last detail to reach perfection ? Here : Iron Man Mark IV & VI Upper Thigh Part Pattern

thanks again!! Already have the cut out and rubber coated will prime and paint this weekend

I figured it out last night. It wasn't the scale that was the problem, it was a mistake on my part. When I was gluing the "elbow pad" the top back part of the fore arm up, I cut 2 45 degree angles and ended up gluing the sides at a straight 90 degree angle. after looking at the pep model again I noticed its a compound bend. The first is outward at about 45degrees then another bend. When I did this the width came out perfect. Just wish I had seen that befor cutting the entire forearm out and wasting a lot of foam. Oh we'll, lesson learned!

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : Sharkhead IM helmet

Your lines on that helmet have come out super clean JFcustom, i may try that enhanced helmet for my second build...thanks for throwing it up there mate:cool

And to both solve the issue of the lower eyes that happen to bulge way out, as described here, and improve the details of the ears area, here's an enhanced unfolding version of Sharkhead's Iron Man Helmet :

Sharkhead7854-ironman-helmet-foam-unfold-by-JFcustom.pdo

JF that helmet is amazing. I'd ask how you do it... but I kind of see it...I just can't fathom it haha

thanks for all of your input, and your edits!

you are truly a master of the foam. great work as usual!

JFCustom: Very cool foam helmet PDO but how do you get the alignment points in Pep Designer? It seems easier to trace bigger pieces on to foam so I don't have so many pieces to glue together.

Thanks!

That is the nicest and cleanest foam helmet I have ever seen. And I second to what Mr Tallpirate said about how to properly align the peices for printing

the sharkhead7854 foam link is broken. its not opening in chrome or internet explorer for me. anyone else having this problem? its opening on wintershade.com pointing to the pdo file but not opening at all.

Last edited:

the sharkhead7854 foam link is broken. its not opening in chrome or internet explorer for me. anyone else having this problem? its opening on wintershade.com pointing to the pdo file but not opening at all.

It was broken for me in Safari actually, but it worked just fine in Chrome. I'm running Version 22.0.1229.94 of chrome on OSX 10.7.5 on a MBpro.

It was broken for me in Safari actually, but it worked just fine in Chrome. I'm running Version 22.0.1229.94 of chrome on OSX 10.7.5 on a MBpro.

Didnt mean to jack this awesome thread like this. I have the same version of chrome youre using.

No matter wich web browser is yours, my hosting server stays online 99.9% of the time. You simply had no luck with the remaining 0.01%.
When it happens, try again later...

Well, it seems you all like this helmet. Sadely these templates can be used only if your can get foam sheets larger than a standard paper sheet.

To print this file correctly, you'll have to tick "print alignment marks for multiple pages" in "setting / print setting". Then, cut away the top and left margins of each page and tape them together in the same layout order than in the pepakura 2D view to obtain a laaarge single paper sheet. Then, cut out your paper pieces just like they are.

For further infos, completing pdo and helmet needed seven consecutive hours. With two kids and a wife and a job, the real challenge was to find these seven consecutive hours alone at home. I hate spreading my building time in short laps, it resets my concentration. I used my sempiternal 7mm polyethylene foam (i guess it's plastazote because it looks like, but it's writen nowhere).
The guy I'll send it wants to try molding/casting process of it and the rest of the suit to get at the end a full-plastic suit. That's why I especially had to care about each seam and jointure so they appear as clean as possible.

To do so, here's a reminder of the required tips :

Avoid glue overflow

bad ->
good ->

mountains and valleys on a single piece of foam

angle cuts

half steps

In the case you could be called to think the other side is an ugly failure, here are some additional views :

The full suit is complete and will be parceled soon, I'll take pics before packing it.

_

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back