JFcustom's FOAM files

I selected no when making my Pred Bio and it seemed to be come out the correct size. Measurements of the stunt bio were posted and mine seems to be the correct size based on that. Well I will know for sure when the 1:1 comes out with the 3D release of PREDATOR on BD on the 20th.

I have completed building my spartan helmet :) Will post photos later.

I selected yes to adjust scale (selecting yes means the scale to be smaller, right??) during the build, the top part of the helmet seems to fit perfectly but after I have completed it, it's now a tiny bit big. I have a 23" head and this is still too big. If I selected no. will the helmet be even bigger?

I selected no when making my Pred Bio and it seemed to be come out the correct size. Measurements of the stunt bio were posted and mine seems to be the correct size based on that. Well I will know for sure when the 1:1 comes out with the 3D release of PREDATOR on BD on the 20th.

WHOA.. what's "BD" and is this for real that they are releasing the 3D file for it? I would be willing to give the 3D print a shot if you wanted to try it out?

some photos of JF's leonidas spartan helmet.

Please excuse the rubbish phone pics and the fact I have black lines (I drew the template on the outside of the foam). I will need to resin this and then paint it.

Looks good Ep:thumbsup

How have you found the Decathalon mats to work with?

I used JFs Jango Fett Jetpack unfold today as the base for a Boba Fett Jetpack with the roll of foam I had left over.

Everything in the partially complete picture was from JFs unfold, I left off the boosters at the bottom and capped off the top of the side cylinders the same way as the bottom, I then found a Boba jetpack unfold and used that to print off the rocket cones, pleased with the result.

Attachments

• 20131213_155509_resized.jpg
    20131213_155509_resized.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 20131213_143201_resized.jpg
    20131213_143201_resized.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 228
I wanted to add what i have used one of the pep files for. I used the rocketeer helmet file to make a helm to go with the rocket pack i made for my 2 year old for halloween. I ended up needing to cut it into a mask because he would wear it that way. I printed the file then used paper mache over cardboard. He took third overall in his division (hard to beat babies) now for a couple photos:1453393_10151942413057866_587173868_n.jpg2558_10151942430597866_1130248451_n.jpg

Attachments

• 2558_10151942430597866_1130248451_n.jpg
    2558_10151942430597866_1130248451_n.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 206
Dude, SWEET.

You got some badass sh-t here.

I don't know MOST of the characters these files goto, but that doesn't take away from their awesomeness.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks for the reply. So I am supposed to click 'No' every time it asks me if I want to adjust??
I clicked yes on my current project which is the 300 spartan helmet and the fit was perfect!! Also I clicked yes to my iron man helmet and it is also a perfect fit. This is why I am asking if I need to click 'Yes' adjust as I've never had a problem before except the file before my spartan helmet. That was a mess :(

As I mention before, the file before this spartan helmet... I measured the height of my head and added 10mm but the end results was way too short. Is measuring the height of your head the best way to get a right size helmet??

You can measure whichever part you want so long as you check the same part on the build as you measured on yourself

I'm just thinking, it hasn't asked me about adjusting the scale in quite a while actually, are you clicking the print icon or clicking "file" and then "print", I click on "file"

You can measure whichever part you want so long as you check the same part on the build as you measured on yourself

I'm just thinking, it hasn't asked me about adjusting the scale in quite a while actually, are you clicking the print icon or clicking "file" and then "print", I click on "file"

I click file and then print. I just tried clicking print button and it's still asking me if I want to adjust.

Looks good Ep:thumbsup

How have you found the Decathalon mats to work with?

I used JFs Jango Fett Jetpack unfold today as the base for a Boba Fett Jetpack with the roll of foam I had left over.

Everything in the partially complete picture was from JFs unfold, I left off the boosters at the bottom and capped off the top of the side cylinders the same way as the bottom, I then found a Boba jetpack unfold and used that to print off the rocket cones, pleased with the result.

Looks good. I am just about to make Boba's helmet but JF has only got Jango's helmet. I didn't know if there is much difference between the 2 design.

Yeah the mats are ok. better than camping but still really flimsy. It will do for quick builds. I can still say as for mat goes, Plastazote foam is still the best to work with IMO

I'm yet to use Plastazote, most likely going to order some in the new year and build another storm trooper out of it, that way I can order white foam also.

As for the helmets I would just build the Jango and add the dent, I was planning on doing this for my Boba build but now I think I will just pick up one of the Hasbro helmets.

I have completed building my spartan helmet :) Will post photos later.

I selected yes to adjust scale (selecting yes means the scale to be smaller, right??) during the build, the top part of the helmet seems to fit perfectly but after I have completed it, it's now a tiny bit big. I have a 23" head and this is still too big. If I selected no. will the helmet be even bigger?

Hey man what scale did u use?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back