JFcustom's FOAM files

That WM is BAD@##

FWIW, I found 5mm 12''x18'' black sheet foam from Hobby Lobby that I went ahead and ordered. I hope that it will be the same density as the Michaels stuff and in a larger size up from 9''x12''

i wish i had access to that kind of foam tho. i either have really expensive 1 cm thick foam, that is hard to work with, or 5 mm foam yoga mats that are easy to work with and rather cheap, but dont have a nice surface :/

Heres a test fit of the Stormtrooper, need to make a couple of adjustment and connect the belt to the waist to stop the gap but other than that it was pretty spot on!

Attachments

• 1504080_10152865015723475_134439241_n.jpg
    1504080_10152865015723475_134439241_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 935
i wish i had access to that kind of foam tho. i either have really expensive 1 cm thick foam, that is hard to work with, or 5 mm foam yoga mats that are easy to work with and rather cheap, but dont have a nice surface :/

really you dont find in a fitness store some mats like this:
Sport Zone

I can find in almost all fitness store , no matter where.... It is used to put the fitness machies on top, so you dont scratch the floor...

Totally. And why not, you made Dark Helmets Coffee Cup :p

I am working on bucks for a Vac Form for Mr Fusion now and there are a heap of BTTF fans that want Mr Fusion. As it turns out, it is cheaper for me to slice Fushion up and have him laser cut in layers than it is to buy a Krupps coffee grinder. A foam (plastic) unfold would be a pretty cool way to have this prop.

wow that price
i have to pay 6 bucks for a mat with less quality. and i wish i could order that, but a) only germany, and b) 39 bucks shipping cost cause of its measurements.

i went to all sports shops around here, they all have fitness mats, but none of them have foam fitness mats. like, i went to 6 stores for sporting goods, and 1 camping store, and all they have is some compound material, or with isolation, but no regular old decent surface yoga mats.
the ones i could find for 6 bucks are at either a camping store, or a car store (for whatever reason), and this is the kind of surface you get with it:
24c13b48a0e36158cd46d9905f15ede5-d6kw44c.jpg

The Domyos mats have a similar finish to what you're already using anyway, I used them for my stormtrooper and if you look, like your mats they aren't smooth. They are great to work with just a shame they aren't smooth so require additional work/cost to smooth them over.

To be honest it seems cheap mats with a nice smooth finish are hard to come by everywhere.

Attachments

• stormhelm2.png
    stormhelm2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 256
wow that price
i have to pay 6 bucks for a mat with less quality. and i wish i could order that, but a) only germany, and b) 39 bucks shipping cost cause of its measurements.

i went to all sports shops around here, they all have fitness mats, but none of them have foam fitness mats. like, i went to 6 stores for sporting goods, and 1 camping store, and all they have is some compound material, or with isolation, but no regular old decent surface yoga mats.
the ones i could find for 6 bucks are at either a camping store, or a car store (for whatever reason), and this is the kind of surface you get with it:

Your work on those pieces are so nice.......

Your work on those pieces are so nice.......

thx, i have the whole armor finished and coated, still needs paint, but thats not gonna happen anytime soon (winter and stuff :D )
i actually picked the rough material for this intentionally, cause i wanted kind of a rough texture for the suit. but i wouldnt use it on something that has to be all nice and shiny tho. i also allways files after printing, so i dont have any cuts in allmost flat surfaces, i tape the pieces together out of paper, and then transfer it to the foam.
so for example, if i have a slightly curved piece to make, i cut out the paper, tape it together so its curved, and then bend the foam under it so it lies smooth on the paper and then trace it. this way i dont have cuts on the front of the chest for example

master_chief_full_armor__not_coated_yet_by_eyeofsauron-d6kw4pz.jpg

also, imagine if i only had to pay 3 bucks for the mats :D that whole suit wouldve cost me 12 bucks and id have some to spare XD

thx, i have the whole armor finished and coated, still needs paint, but thats not gonna happen anytime soon (winter and stuff :D )
i actually picked the rough material for this intentionally, cause i wanted kind of a rough texture for the suit. but i wouldnt use it on something that has to be all nice and shiny tho. i also allways files after printing, so i dont have any cuts in allmost flat surfaces, i tape the pieces together out of paper, and then transfer it to the foam.
so for example, if i have a slightly curved piece to make, i cut out the paper, tape it together so its curved, and then bend the foam under it so it lies smooth on the paper and then trace it. this way i dont have cuts on the front of the chest for example

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...or__not_coated_yet_by_eyeofsauron-d6kw4pz.jpg

also, imagine if i only had to pay 3 bucks for the mats :D that whole suit wouldve cost me 12 bucks and id have some to spare XD

Real nice work, bummer about those postage charges :(

I do a similar thing with forming the foam, $12 for a suit would be great wouldn't it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back