JFcustom's FOAM files

I'm thinking of trying to find some white foam for a future trooper build, that way any paint rubs, chips etc shouldnt show much.

Well I don't know what to say, gluing cleanly is a matter of... well you just have to... you should not... well I don't know. There's a youtube channel with few vids here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEYjgoDQ3NSSzai5GFRWjw/videos

You can jump here, at 3:42 -> ArmorAsylum - Iron Man mkVI foam build - YouTube

and here, at 24:00 -> ArmorAsylum - Iron Man foam helmet - raw real time building. - YouTube

here, at 0:30 -> ArmorAsylum - foam Predator biohelmet - raw real time building. - YouTube

...and almost everywhere here and there if you browse a bit across these looong boring footages.

Awesome!

Durkness-What foam are you using now that toysrus doesn't carry the basketball mats anymore?

I love the density of the 5mm black foam sheets at Michaels' but they won't work for the larger templates in this awesome, AWESOME thread!! Thanks JF!

I have a Stealth traditional (smaller adjoining pieces) foam Iron Man under my belt and want to give one (or more) of these helmets a go!

Thanks in advance!

I still have bb court left for several helmets. But it matters the importance...lol. So on the alien one I did I used the grey foam from Big lots. I am also using it on all my Predator pieces. It's not bad. The only con is the diamond print on the back. Harder to see the under cuts and harder to glue back to back.... Here's a mixed of the grey foam and bb court.... couldn't tell the difference unless you look inside or on the back.

Attachments

• Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 290
  • 1471965_421214224671803_280014803_n.jpg
    1471965_421214224671803_280014803_n.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 414
  • 1470241_413580718768487_982899842_n.jpg
    1470241_413580718768487_982899842_n.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 399
Yes, I am familiar with the diamond pattern. Half of my Iron Man mark 6 is made from it. I LOVE the black 6mm sheets from Michaels but alas that won't work for these larger patterns. For instance, my IM thighs are the diamond stuff and my shins/calfs are the black 6mm sheets and I can just tell how much better quality and denser the black stuff is. Maybe it just took to my sealing process I used (PVA glue). Besides that I just wish there wasn't that pattern on one side.

Your predator stuff looks awesome btw!

Maybe someone else has a lead on 5mm foam rolls in the states?

Ahhh.... well hell..... This is pretty much the closest thing you can find and they have it in 1/4". If I ever have any money again this will be the next type of foam I buy if I am super serious on it.

Cross Linked Polyethylene Foam, Closed Cell Foam Padding, Foam Rubber Sheets - The Foam Factory

Yeah read about this before. Slygian used it on his space marine with an great outcome.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/sylgians-40k-space-marine-completed-179602/

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh .. by the way ... awesome predator Durkness. Love the "two face" aspect there.

And of course, the painting in the background :love

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back