JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files ►c3po◄ added.

jf custom 1. what do you use to make your models 2.can you make an arkham origins it looks different than the arkham city one because the head is a separate piece i believe

Sorry of this is a dumb question: could the C3PO templates be used and modded to make a 4-LOM body?

Sorry of this is a dumb question: could the C3PO templates be used and modded to make a 4-LOM body?

Easily! 3P0 and 4-lom almost have the same chest layout, except lom has 2 sets of pectorals instead of 1 and the "Rib" lower area has a slight curvature where 3P0 is more squared. It is all in the minor details :)

Attachments

• 4LOM003.jpg
    4LOM003.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 4LOM004.jpg
    4LOM004.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 327

Stormtrooper :)
Well, except few power rangers helmets, I'm afraid I won't release anything new before next year (relax, it's not so far). I'm slightly late on the builds I've been ordered and should handle my glue gun rather than my mouse...

Re: FOAM speed building files ►Stormtrooper◄ in progress.

I'm working on some files for a R2D2 from foam, once I've finished my second Mark IV build I'll share the way I've built it as I build.

You will love it, but will you build it ?

___

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/fierfek%27s%20stormtrooper%20-%20shin.jpg
Fierfek's stormtrooper shin.pdo[/URL]

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/fierfek%27s%20stormtrooper%20-%20thigh.jpg
Fierfek's stormtrooper thigh.pdo[/URL]

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/fierfek%27s%20stormtrooper%20-%20cod.jpg
Fierfek's stormtrooper cod.pdo[/URL]

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/fierfek%27s%20stormtrooper%20-%20abs.jpg
Fierfek's stormtrooper abs.pdo[/URL]

I can't build at the moment anyway...

YES! Of course, I can not promise you to build it the same day, but I will go for it once I finish my little son " mini legion of the dammned" suit...

Nothing new announced before 2014.
But it mustn't be a reason to twiddle your thumbs meanwhile : feel free to get a copy of pep designer and start your own foam templates thread. The first post 48 pages back from here is a wide showcase of examples, each of you can study these files, learn from them, develop his own method and become the new totem-pole-reference in foam unfolding. Sooner or later my dropbox will explode, one of you will have to carry on.
Makes me think I should model some trial blank pdo, so you can learn unfolding step by step... That would be a useful challenge for everyone on therpf !

JFcustom may I ask about the computer that you use to model those stuffs? I would like to try my hand on creating some of them but I can't decide which computer I should get that powerful enough to handle the job. BTW your work is great and thank you for those files they are great.

Well such a job does not require a hi-tech equipment...

You only need to be able to run Pep designer and Blender at the same time. Both are not much greedy.
Models are light (the most often under 1Mo, almost mever more than 10), textures (if any) are simple jpg, a ten years old computer can readily handle everything.

I used an old PC based upon a Celeron 2.6 single-core on a P4M800 motherboard embedding a common intergated small graphics proce, 2x512Mo ram, under windows 2000, and would still be using it today if I hadn't encountered two or three substantial issues :
- Blender totaly dislike every VIA chipsets,
- my config was not powerfull enough to play any fullscreen vid on youtube,
- no way to edit a video, even with the smallest editor software...

So I replaced almost every part for an overall much better config : ATI chipset, 8Go DDR3ram, AthlonII X2 270 3.4Ghz, still intergrated GPU. It's a cheap config, one could say already outdated, but at least it rocks a million times more !

In one word, I guess any few years old computer or laptop can go well, if it's VIA-free.

Here an example of the very usefull "cookie-cutter" trick :
- cut along the area you want to raise (or depress)
- pull (or push) this isolated area
- seal it on the inner side so it's flawless :

<--->

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back