JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files ►Rinzler helmet◄ added.

Oh wow, indeed few inches were missing !
How it comes you didn't notice that -before- painting ^^ Anyway, light sanding and several coats of paint, it will probably remain unseen. A chance it was this part whereas everybody focuses onto the helmet and chest, when no one really looks at the shins.

_____

note: talking about chest I've just updated robo's mkVI chest file, available first post.

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/mkVIchestupd_th.jpg[/URL]
Trying it on before finishing it probably would've been the smart thing to do, but I was too excited! Anyway, it's fixed now-loving your work!

Hey guys its not letting me open up the thor files all i need is the foam helmet please help:)

If anyone is wondering how the Rinzler helmet comes out...

Set height to about 280, still a little small, but it'll do... I think.

IMAG0359.jpg

How to use JFcustom's templates,
how to scale your helmet,
how to print a pdo correctly,
what are the dot-lines for...

I guess this whole thread is about to be distilled into a much more intelligible and efficient set of short vids, produced and shared by CullenCosplay. I really widely thank him, first because talking myself about my foam templates would have sounded quite vainglorious, and second because talking myself about my foam templates would have helped only one or two french speakers here... ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

I Have only done one build previously. A NCR Ranger helmet. I had been looking around for exciting pep ideas and stumbled across this thread. This place is the Shangri-La of fast pep builds. It has really inspired me to get to work and taken away the daunting task of the resin/bondo finishing that I went through last time. I want my foam pieces to be rigid when finished. I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but James over on XRobots.co.uk - Plastic coating your Plastazote / EVA / Polystyrene foam / cardboard props and costumes has a great tutorial on priming the foam prop with PVA glue and then coating it with Smooth-Cast. It makes the prop hard, sandable, and gives it that nice plastic look. I hope this helps someone out. Here is the direct youtube video link. XRobots - How To plastic coat foam & expanded polystyrene prop and costume pieces - YouTube

Re: FOAM speed building files ►CullenCosplay vids◄ added.

I Have only done one build previously. A NCR Ranger helmet. I had been looking around for exciting pep ideas and stumbled across this thread. This place is the Shangri-La of fast pep builds. It has really inspired me to get to work and taken away the daunting task of the resin/bondo finishing that I went through last time. I want my foam pieces to be rigid when finished. I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but James over on XRobots.co.uk - Plastic coating your Plastazote / EVA / Polystyrene foam / cardboard props and costumes has a great tutorial on priming the foam prop with PVA glue and then coating it with Smooth-Cast. It makes the prop hard, sandable, and gives it that nice plastic look. I hope this helps someone out. Here is the direct youtube video link. XRobots - How To plastic coat foam & expanded polystyrene prop and costume pieces - YouTube

I took my first steps in using foam recently (thanks for the inspiration JF :)). It's pretty basic, but it gave me a feel for working with it, and some much needed practical experiance (small steps first and all that).

I needed to scratch build a lobe plate for a colonial marine helmet. I had all the other parts bar that detail. To make it I used 5mm for shape and bulk, and 1.5mm foam to skin it.
0VZhBt5.jpg

I also used Xrobot's coating technique, though in my case I used EasyFlo 120 rotocasting resin as I already had some.
rI1D9Kv.jpg

Here it is after painting, weathering and full assembly. I'm rather chuffed how well it came out being my first completed prop :)
8PG1RkZ.jpg

pretty cool, the camera's convincing :cool

It actually functions. I dremeled room in there for a wireless live feed micro cam and moved the internal mic to the boom up front. Range is good up to 100ft :thumbsup

Just made an account here (which...why in the world did i not earlier? Its been like....3 years since i heard of the site!)

I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome work you do with the foam files, i love em!

also wanted to say....

Ahem...

HAY WAIT A MINUTE! ....I'd recognize that predator bio anywhere.... I modeled it!
Great job on the unfold for that one, I'm actually considering making it now haha!

Love your stuff bud! Thanks

Trying it on before finishing it probably would've been the smart thing to do, but I was too excited! Anyway, it's fixed now-loving your work!

And here they are, painted-not my best work, but I still have a bit to go to have it ready by this Saturday!001.JPG

Just made an account here (which...why in the world did i not earlier? Its been like....3 years since i heard of the site!)

I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome work you do with the foam files, i love em!

also wanted to say....

Ahem...

HAY WAIT A MINUTE! ....I'd recognize that predator bio anywhere.... I modeled it!
Great job on the unfold for that one, I'm actually considering making it now haha!

Love your stuff bud! Thanks

Damned ! I've always thought this model had been sent to us by real predators themselves ! ^^
I started to build one a while ago, it was so frightening on my 4yo daughter's head that my wife wanted me to throw it in the trash. :\

You can also follow here >CullenCosplay< the progress of a predator family build, that started with four of your model :

I did the default scale of 80 on mine..... I have a 22.5" head. I used the point to point measuring tool from the upper nose to where the mask should hit on my chin to verify if it was right.

You can always just print out and cut the chin page if you want to mock how it would look scale wise.

Damned ! I've always thought this model had been sent to us by real predators themselves ! ^^
I started to build one a while ago, it was so frightening on my 4yo daughter's head that my wife wanted me to throw it in the trash. :\

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/DSC_1088_th.jpg[/URL][url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/DSC_1092_th.jpg[/URL]

You can also follow here >CullenCosplay< the progress of a predator family build, that started with four of your model :

Oh i'm very familiar with the pred family. Its looking awesome!

Thanks a whole lot man

- - - Updated - - -

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/DSC_1088_th.jpg[/URL][url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/DSC_1092_th.jpg[/URL]

Oh i'm very familiar with the pred family. Its looking awesome!

Thanks a whole lot man

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back