JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files ►video◄ added.

This has got to be the largest foam database ever, I may see about the Pepper Pott's Rescue Armor for friend.

Re: Speed-building files'n'tricks : FOAM Iron Man MkVII within 4 days.

EDIT : content moved to first post

Hey JFcustom,

I, like many others, have a request... Can we see a Rinzler helmet from Tron: Legacy? I would love to be able to build that this Halloween, but I'm not finding a (free) pep file anywhere and it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to make out of foam...

Appreciate ALL of your work.

Thanks!

Newbe here going to attempt my first build. I made my head out of fiberglass and I would like to match the gloss red finish to the rest of the eva foam suit. What process is everyone using to paint the foam? Plastidip adhesion promoter then paint? I know some people do mod podge. There are so many different ways I just want the simplest method. I am using the blue eva camping mats for my build. Big thabks to everyone!!

Newbe here going to attempt my first build. I made my head out of fiberglass and I would like to match the gloss red finish to the rest of the eva foam suit. What process is everyone using to paint the foam? Plastidip adhesion promoter then paint? I know some people do mod podge. There are so many different ways I just want the simplest method. I am using the blue eva camping mats for my build. Big thabks to everyone!!

I found this video when I was considering foam, since resin and bondo apparently don't work well with EVA Foam

XRobots - How To plastic coat foam & expanded polystyrene prop and costume pieces - YouTube

Oh my awesome work jf customs im thinking about putting a shine up to you to pay homage pmsl can you do a foam unfold for a self portrait lol :p

- - - Updated - - -

Downloaded :D need to order some more foam :D

Re: FOAM speed building files ►Predator◄ added.

Hope you'll let me know if it's worth, and if it does not melt the foam down too much...

___

Pics of today's try at an unfold/build of a mkVIII helmet.

(I've removed this wip pdo. You'll find the final *.pdo file few posts below...)

Can anyone tell me whose model it seams to be, so I can add name and credit ?
Edit : ok, found. Thank you guys.

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/tmp/DSC_0926_th.jpg[/URL] [url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/tmp/DSC_0928_th.jpg[/URL] [url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/tmp/DSC_0941_th.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/tmp/DSC_0930_th.jpg[/URL] [url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/tmp/DSC_0933_th.jpg[/URL] [url]http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/tmp/DSC_0939_th.jpg[/URL]

Hi JF, i'm planning to make this helmet for my 3 years son but only with foam basic colors (without paint or coat). Can you answer some questions?

- The thickness of the test build in your photos
- The supplier of that foam
- An advice for the scale factor to build the helmet for his head (51cm diameter)

Thanks in advance, I love your work

- The thickness of the test build in your photos
- The supplier of that foam
- An advice for the scale factor to build the helmet for his head (51cm diameter)
Well,
- 7mm (but it says 6,5mm) 2lbs/square foot.
- Brand = Domyos,
model = TG-100
supplier = Oxylane,
end user suplier = Decathlon,
localisation = Spain, France, Italia, China, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Belgium, Brazil, Hungary, Romania, Turkey, Russia, India, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sweden, Taiwan.

Yellow and blue rolls are discontinued.

But basically it's commonly called "PE foam" everywhere else.

- The default scale fits a 63cm head, for 51cm just multiply this scale by [51/63]. Anyway better is to build a fake quick helmet first, to be sure.

Can we see a Rinzler helmet from Tron: Legacy? I would love to be able to build that this Halloween, but I'm not finding a (free) pep file anywhere and it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to make out of foam...

Why not. It looks like an easy helmet. Give me time. ;)

Does anyone know how to size the predator helet properly I presume its not not got a back to it.

I did the default scale of 80 on mine..... I have a 22.5" head. I used the point to point measuring tool from the upper nose to where the mask should hit on my chin to verify if it was right.

You can always just print out and cut the chin page if you want to mock how it would look scale wise.

Attachments

• 1262458_380332418759984_980602050_o.jpg
    1262458_380332418759984_980602050_o.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 1,460

Well,
- 7mm (but it says 6,5mm) 2lbs/square foot.
- Brand = Domyos,
model = TG-100
supplier = Oxylane,
end user suplier = Decathlon,
localisation = Spain, France, Italia, China, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Belgium, Brazil, Hungary, Romania, Turkey, Russia, India, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sweden, Taiwan.

Yellow and blue rolls are discontinued.

But basically it's commonly called "PE foam" everywhere else.

- The default scale fits a 63cm head, for 51cm just multiply this scale by [51/63]. Anyway better is to build a fake quick helmet first, to be sure.

Thanks JF, I'll try to build with 5mm foam found in a near supplier. I exactly scaled the files to 80% ;-) now I'm building the fake test and I'll test in his head.

Thanks again

Thanks Durkness that helps :) Having only built Iron man builds cant wait to give this one a shot :D it's gonna be a steep learning curve, No idea how im going to tackle legs arms and dreads as yet!

I was able to get 10 rolls of double embossed cross pattern eva foam for 10 $ a roll. Is there anyway to iron out the pattern or make it smooth for an iron man build? Will plasti dip make it smoother?thanks

You will struggle to get rid of the pattern im afraid, will be a whole load of work to try and make it smooth :S

Did you say Rinzler??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? That's one I would stop and build too....................

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back