JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files ►video◄ added.

starting a Mk VII build, thought you'd like to see the start
first attempt in cardboard, but was way too small, didn't turn out too bad tho

IMAG0334_1.jpg

so I've switch back to foam for speed, need the suit by the 14th

IMAG0338.jpg

carrying on with this tonight :D

Of course such a simple fix thanks a a ton!

looks similar to what JF uses, you can only try, personnally I prefer the LD45 over the mats
try googling " Plastazote suppliers" see what comes up locally to you

I'll drop this right here.....

Dude, that looks awesome! I'm making a go at the Wolverine cowl myself out of EVA foam. My first ever pepakura attempt. So far I've done the jaw and nose piece, and it looks like crap. :/ Any tips?

EDIT: I'm modding the Wolverine cowl into a Batman cowl, but here's my progress. I had completed the lower jaw, but am gonna redo it because I messed up some of the folds and didn't realize til it was done. For those looking to make the Wolverine mask, it digs into your eyes quite a bit (at least it does on mine so far) so I'll probably be doing some trimming once I have the jaw attached so that it's wearable.

IMG_0355.JPG

Last edited:

Hey JF I have a Krogan pep file from Mass Effect. Do you think you can do it for foam if I send it to you?

almost finished, just some details to do, not entirely happy with it, but it will have to do for now. It's the Sharkhead foam file

IMAG0359_1.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

Hi, can someone help me? I need to scale the armor and helmet, but not how. I have the Pepakura designer and entered in 2D menu - Change scale - and now for instance was 25.8888, but is not it amounts to, I measure 1.75 and i am rather thin. There is a table of equivalences or something?

Thanks

OK be playing around with the helmet, (Sharkhead file) I'm fairly happy with the look now, got a little bit of sanding on a few joints to do, stick the ears on and it's ready for painting :D

IMAG0373.jpg

And I finally got round to making the top half of my Duct Tape Dummy :D
IMAG0368_1.jpg

Hey guys right finaly got round to the Iron patriot boots its been a couple of months since I worked on it lack of time and being busy ect. so I've built one of the but does anyone know hoe the four pieces of that file go together please? any reference photos would be great I just cant get it to line up right at all :S

Ok, since I'm not insane enough to read 38 pages.... How do I scale the Mark III files to fit a 5'4 person? Does Darkside's scale suggestion work for it? Please qoute me when you answer or I'll miss it.

First you have to convert 6' -AND- your own size into inches (or cm).
6' is 72" (or 183 cm)
5'4" is 64" (162.5 cm)
then compute [your-scale-ratio]=[default-scale-ratio]*[default-height]/[your-height]
http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-speed-building-files-video-added-148889/index5.html#post2443492

Hey jfcustoms I hope you don't mind me asking but how much has actually been donated to you

Oh no, I don't mind. You're welcome.
Know that it all goes into ArmorAsylum domain, hosting, material and equipements for further videos to come...

man your work is soooo awesome !
did you think of molding one of your suit to make rigid copies ? would be awesome !
your foam work is even more detailed and smooth as a lot of regular pep work !

Well no. But feel free to place an order, then you're also free to recast it ;)

Would it be too much trouble for you to make a free deathstroke mask\helmet from arkham origins?

Why not. Is there a 3D model already available ?

Just curious, what happened to the N7 armour files?
Unless I missed them, to which I'm sorry, but I'd love to get my hands on some of those.
These files are all so amazing JF and have totally inspired to to get onto some foam building, after I'm back form my holidays in September that is.

The N7 files, as well as Appleseed ones, are on my top-todo-list. These also are those which are waiting for longer than every other ones. It makes three full suits, and I need more than few hours a month to tackle them seriously... I'll see that for my next off work week.

i can view the pictures and downloads in the first post, when i use my ipad.
From the computer, which i need to use to actually view the pictures and downloads in the first post, i can see them when i first come to the page or refresh but once the page fully loads the images and downloads section of the 1st post are POOF gone.
halp?

I can only point you here : http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-speed-building-files-video-added-148889/index15.html#post2651212

Hey there jf im having trouble sizing the thor helmet ive been through two off them almost completed and lo and behold there too small and advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated

The best advise, if you cant'get to reach the right sizing through the "measurement tool" embeded in pepakura designer (free version), is to go for the very advanced "try and error" analog technique, which consists in several quick pre-build (only the larger essential pieces) using some gradual scale factors, out of cereal box or any free cardboard for exemple, until a correct scale is reached. Then keep this scale for the real foam build.

yo sensei JF, mind simplifying the heart breaker helmet by parachristo? you did an awesome job simplifying the warmachine helmet. that would make us HB fans very happy and grateful to you.
here's the file BTW http://www.4shared.com/file/SLs-qSTo/parachristo_heartbreaker_helme.html

Added to the todo-list.

I found it very useful. It's amazing how fast you work, lol. Seriously though, nice video. What type of foam are you using in the video? I didn't see where you had posted it before. Thanks for the help! :D

It's the foam linked in the quote just below.

Hi guys....awesome post!! I have a question...I'd like to build one of the Iron Man armor. Can I do it with this FOAM: Alfombr. Fitness MatEssential DOMYOS - Material de musculación Fitness - Decathlon...
140cm long x 50cm width and 6,5cm thick
How much I need to buy in total?
Thank you.

If I could, you can :)
Take a dozen of it.

Hello, just thought I'd let you know-I've been having many problems with scaling. I am a 6" man, so based on these files the suits should fit me, lengthwise at least. When I tried on my Mark 7, there was a 5" gap between the bottom of the shins and the boot.

Damned! Then I assume the model had short legs.
Did your knee area looked like that :
mkvii-knee.jpg

Is possible make a Raiden rising armor template?

Well, yes if you're not in the hurry, and if someone can provide a 3D model...

Thank you so much for the video!!! I too would like to adopt your method for making my halloween costume this year. Mind if I ask what BRAND of foam you're using? I used an anti-fatigue mat - type foam last year and while the dimensional thickness is the same, i suspect it's more dense than yours.

For the brand, it's Domyos, for Oxylane, for Decathlon. You have a like 4 quotes above, and one quote below.
The density is 2lbs/squarefoot.

Great job! The foam look great, where can i buy it? Im from Spain. Whats your review about this foam: Alfombr. Fitness MatEssential DOMYOS - Material de musculación Fitness - Decathlon... its cheap and i can buy it.

Somehow I can say that this whole thread is my review for this foam...

Hey JF I have a Krogan pep file from Mass Effect. Do you think you can do it for foam if I send it to you?

Krogan, are they the guys with... reversed knees, and two knees a leg ?
You want it to fit a human ?
I love challenges ! :D

Hi, can someone help me? I need to scale the armor and helmet, but not how. I have the Pepakura designer and entered in 2D menu - Change scale - and now for instance was 25.8888, but is not it amounts to, I measure 1.75 and i am rather thin. There is a table of equivalences or something?

25.8888 is for 1m83, it gives 24.757 for 1m75.
http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-speed-building-files-video-added-148889/index5.html#post2443492

Thought id just post progress of my suit so far

View attachment 231766View attachment 231767View attachment 231768

this build is from the Karol Siemieniago files which are AMAZING

Here's a link to my thread for more pics http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-mark-7-7-days-counting-pic-heavy-195129/
Truly amazing ! It looks so like the real ! Love it :D

This is my progress on my MKIII. It's my first foam build and I really do think that your speed build files are the way to start working with foam. Thanks for all the work (including the original creators of the models!)!!!

ironman_almostfull.jpg

As a matter of fact, yes it does. I'm going to add a few inches to the shins to make it fit, but it's gonna look a little odd
003.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back