JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files ►video◄ added.

I feel bad for asking, but any chance you can allow mobile video? Trying to watch in my phone and it says the owner hasn't made the video available for mobile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

one thing is to read about build technique but its so different to actually see it done...picked up more of your awesome tricks...especially with assembly...

- - - Updated - - -

and by the way the soundtrack rocks!

It's the owner of the soundtrack who doesn't want his content to be played on a mobile device... :\

I'll drop this right here.....

Attachments

• 20130902_000314.jpg
    20130902_000314.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,023

Lol gotta love it. JF posts a new file and you can bet next post will be from you who made it :p

Thnx again JF for these files and nice work durkness :D

Lol gotta love it. JF posts a new file and you can bet next post will be from you who made it :p

Thnx again JF for these files and nice work durkness :D

Hahaha.... It all depends. I'm working on a whole set of suits. Got to mix it up when he posts stuff like this.

does anyone know if there are any patterns for the knees and elbows, to cover the gaps in the armour? I just can't seem to find anything

This is probably the greatest thing to happen to pepping since people discovered the foam Method….Thanks SOOO much JFcustom:D

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : added Dancin_Fool's Iron Man MkII/III

About this legitimate scaling question, the suit you've chosen is by default scaled for a 1m83 guy (6'). If you're 1m73 (5'8") and don't want to look like a squirrel in a spacesuit, you just have to compute for all file the folowing [default_scale_ratio x (173/183)] to you obtain your own scaling value.

Here the scale ratio is set to sommething like 25 ? Or whatever else, it's simply an unconcrete value that represents nothing you can mesure, but it's a value set for someone of 1m83. If you're smaller, this value must be smaller, by a proportionnal and linear factor. For a ratio of 25, your result will be near 23,64. Imput this value insted of the 25, click OK, then tweak the alignment of sheats borders by moving your 2D shapes if needed (paper templates will be smaller, but paper sheats's size remains the same, so you'll have the feeling that your templates have moved to the top left corner of the 2D view), and at last print your templates.

This is the basical way to operate. But if you know you have realy short legs and long arms, for example, you may want to take measurements on your body and specify a well matching ratio for each of your suit parts... I don't like this approach because IMO it breaks the harmony of proportions.
_______

Oh, and I'm 178, and did not rescale my mk4 suit. You may notice from pictures that it'a bit too large. I don't like a suit to constrict me as tight as a coat of paint.
Hello, just thought I'd let you know-I've been having many problems with scaling. I am a 6" man, so based on these files the suits should fit me, lengthwise at least. When I tried on my Mark 7, there was a 5" gap between the bottom of the shins and the boot.

Thank you so much for the video!!! I too would like to adopt your method for making my halloween costume this year. Mind if I ask what BRAND of foam you're using? I used an anti-fatigue mat - type foam last year and while the dimensional thickness is the same, i suspect it's more dense than yours.

Thanks for all you do!

Hey love your work and its helped me a ton with my grave digger build! The only part I'm having problems with is the curved part of the shoulder I can't seem to heat it enough to make the curves even with thinner pieces of foam. is there a way to cut the foam to make more of a rounded shape? Here is the link to my build thread so you can see the pics of the shoulder armor. http://www.therpf.com/f24/grave-digger-not-monster-truck-lol-halloween-costume-pic-heavy-194109/

Any help is much appreciated!

The only part I'm having problems with is the curved part of the shoulder I can't seem to heat it enough to make the curves even with thinner pieces of foam.
Here is the simplest method ever, you can easily freehand it, and no heat required :
(I took paper and tape instead of foam and glue, but the main idea remains unchanged)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back