JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files ►Jango FETT helmet◄ added.

Hey there!

Tried to post a bit ago and crashed, so if this dupes, sorry... What I was trying to post was something I ran across tinkering with foam building and sealing. You mentioned the bathroom sealer above, but I ran across a rubber spray that's ment for sealing cracks around the house. It works well with Plasti-Dip, takes primer and paint very well and, most of all, is both flexible AND sandable when fully cured.

Here's a pic:
View attachment 215064

It really needs a full day to cure or it's gummy. But, give it time and it sands really well with my detailer or even better if you have a drill with a foam disc attachment. I find it really useful to layer with Plasti-Dip for evening out seams and filling unwanted gaps.

Might be an option for some to explore. Happy building! :)

Nice! I'm going to have to try this out this weekend... Thanks!

Re: Speed-building files'n'tricks : FOAM Iron Man MkVII within 4 days.

Thanks for simplifying the pattern for foam. Foam really takes curves nicely and doesn't need any flattening out! I will probably use these... =) Thanks to all involved making them.

hi, new here so forgive my potential ignorance.

i can view the pictures and downloads in the first post, when i use my ipad.

from the computer, which i need to use to actually view the pictures and downloads in the first post, i can see them when i first come to the page or refresh but once the page fully loads the images and downloads section of the 1st post are POOF gone.

halp?

Hey there jf im having trouble sizing the thor helmet ive been through two off them almost completed and lo and behold there too small and advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated

Wow, there's a lot of great tips in here. I've been all over this thread and others, learning all I can for my Iron Man project. After reading this I know I can make something cool! Thanks everyone

Has anybody made a foam Rex or Cody Helmet From the Clone Wars? I have been using card stock but after seeing all of the great stuff you guys are doing here I want to try foam. If anybody has I would love to see some pictures.

i can´t download the files from the fist post u_U some one can share with me the daft punk foam helmets please???

i can´t download the files from the fist post u_U some one can share with me the daft punk foam helmets please???[/SIZE]

The download links are still functional. If you're on Internet Explorer 9, the confirmation popup for downloading it will be a the bottom of your screen. If you're on Chrome, it will download (see the bottom bar for a status) automatically without asking you where to save it. Firefox should prompt you unless you previously told it otherwise.

Try and troubleshoot your browser a bit.

The download links are still functional. If you're on Internet Explorer 9, the confirmation popup for downloading it will be a the bottom of your screen. If you're on Chrome, it will download (see the bottom bar for a status) automatically without asking you where to save it. Firefox should prompt you unless you previously told it otherwise.

Try and troubleshoot your browser a bit.

I try even in other CPU and my cellphone and in my brother iphone and nothing please could you please download the files and share with me.by PM¡¡ THANKS¡¡

Last edited:

Hi all thanks for all the good advice. I am a newby and love this to much.
Can any one help with war machine mini gun files

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Most people built the gun free hand mate, check out this link to get some ideas how you can modify it for your shoulder cannon
Gatling Gun Arm Costume : BFX : Build - YouTube

Ok, back from holidays. I'll take time to answer every question and reply to everyone, meanwhile let me share this first vid, maybe you'll find it usefull. At least the soundtrack is awsome !

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: FOAM speed building files ►video◄ added.

I found it very useful. It's amazing how fast you work, lol. Seriously though, nice video. What type of foam are you using in the video? I didn't see where you had posted it before. Thanks for the help! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back