JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed-building ►adding Spacemarine armor◄

I got a question, is it possible to use 4mm foam for a helmet? And is it posible to make a mold of my helmet if I make it by foam?

Many builders use 4mm foam for their helmets... so yes, I think it's possible.
I also think you can mold any foam part, why not, since I saw with my own eyes some guys casting (sit down) a footprint in the sand. It might require a huge pre-making work.

spacemarine cod.pdo

Awsome!! Great work as always JF. I pepped out a space marine a few years ago. Think I'll try the foam version. Fyi to everyone reading this post. Obscurus Crusade is a great site for space marine/chaos marine pep files and weapons. Check it out. Lots of goodies there. Would still love to see the Classic Iron Man armor in foam. This thead is still the best. Thanks again JF. :)

If I may suggest, if you were to start on another suit to convert to speed building go for the Halo Spartan armors, I know there would be a lot of very thankful people on the 405th if you would.

-The Armorer

Are you going to have a template for one of those big arse swords for the spacemarine?

If you start doing commission work for the 405th I need a chest set done....lol.

If there was ever time, I would love to see Movieman's Doctor Who Cyberman done in foam template. Took me about a year to do it in non-foam, and I would love to retry it in foam if there was a template with a lot less pieces and bit easier.

Classical Iron Man : In fact, when we look closer at this suit, it's no more than a common red and yellow superhero tight suit sentai-style with a porthole on the chest and some large rings around the shoulders, the forearms, the shins. Pepping this suit would be almost like building a bodybuilded-nakked-dummy with a panty brief, a helmet, and a pair of riding boots. It looks good on the picture because it's textured, but basicaly the 3d model shared by EyeOfSauron -thank you hundred times!- suffers from a lack of details due to the fact it's a game rip model. A cute skin is enough to hold the illusion in a videogame, but the model is flat and in real life you'll get better result wearing a printed zentai suit. That's why I don't think I'll release the rest of this armor.

Halo armors are interesting too. But there's so many marks and so many declinations of the same parts that my initial enthusiasm has been short-circuited.

Cyberman... I wanted to. I even started once or twice. I own a couple of figurines and the last known 3D model (the figurines and the model are not exactly the same, some details differ and it annoys me), but they're in a hi-poly definition, and unfolding them takes an impressive amount of time. Decreasing them to low-poly would take an other impressive amount of time. And I don't have any impressive amount of time...

I must have a closer look at the spacemarine's available weapons. It seems strange to me to build a blade or a rifle in foam... but I assume some foam templates can be used in several ways.

It's rearangeable on your own to save some paper.
But you'll still need a lot of foam...

Thanks for the reply JF. Was worth asking about. Looking forward to working on some of your other templates as soon as I am done moving half way across the US. First up will be one of the Iron Man suits for sure!

The cyberman foam templates project is not entombed so far. I hate sitting on a failure.
YOU_WILL_BE_FOAMED_OR_YOU_WILL_BE_DE-LE-TED

JF whats up bro how are you? you my friend are awesome. best thread ever! things like this is why i love this "think tank" we call the rpf! man the guyver and spacemarine files look bad ass! i wonder what else you'll work your magic on? an mk8 maybe the ironpatriot or a batman cowl? id love to build an old school mazinger one day! keep up the good work! and pls post your paypal addy if you have one. you have been more than generous my friend the least we could do is buy ya a beer or some glue sticks bro. lol. people like you and Stealth make the world a better place.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back