JFcustom's FOAM files

May I ask what is being used for the lights for the repulsors in all Iron Man builds?
I only found 70mm Push LEDs for the chest,but these are definitely too big for the hands.

I canibalised some small 9 LED torches and used their PCBs and battery packs etc to wire up my Iron Patriot and my stepdaughter's MK VII repulsors. I think I have pictures or explanations in my build threads in my sig but it's been a while so I can't really remember. Requires some basic soldering unless you can find something perfectly sized and prebuilt that fits.

guys, quick question.

I have just finished putting together the Leonidas helmet. Needs a bit of clean up and finishing before sealing etc but pretty much done.

I was thinking I might see if I can find a Mohawk wig that I can cut up and attach to the arch on the dome. I'm just not sure whether I should attach the wig before I paint, or after I paint. The concern I have if I add it before is that it will be difficult to make sure I don't paint the wig itself when doing the spraying. Also, I may not be able to get a good finish on the arch if I attach before and try to cover the wig.

The problem if I attach afterwards will be the glue, if it will stick properly, what it might do to the paint, and trying to finish the helmet with a clear gloss.

Any thoughts?

IMG_0616.JPG

I'd do it after. If the glue doesn't want to stick to the paint, which shouldn't be a problem, you can always sand down the paint so that the glee will have a tough surface to adhere to. Another option would be to drill a series of small holes in the crest after the paint is done and glue the hair in in small bunches, all you have to do is just make sure that the homes are deep enough for the hair bundles to get a good grip and so that the glue doesn't show.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I'd do it after. If the glue doesn't want to stick to the paint, which shouldn't be a problem, you can always sand down the paint so that the glee will have a tough surface to adhere to. Another option would be to drill a series of small holes in the crest after the paint is done and glue the hair in in small bunches, all you have to do is just make sure that the homes are deep enough for the hair bundles to get a good grip and so that the glue doesn't show.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Rice. The sanding sounds like a pretty good idea. I might give that a go. As you said, if all else fails, I can try the other option and make grooves. I guess the alternative that would be to 'chisel out' the centre section of the crest and attach it that way. A few options, but I might go with the sanding first.

Thanks again.

How about masking off the area to be glued prior to painting, save you a bit post pray work.

I had thought about this. I might actually do this as it shouldn't be that difficult to touch up anything around the glued areas with a paint brush. It shouldn't be that much work and the area shouldn't be large enough to be obviously not sprayed...

Could someone tell me why most of the Foam Files posted on page 1 arent working anymore?=(
I wanted to do Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Injustice Deathstroke and Wolverine. so if someone could be kind enough to pass me the file , pretty please =)

Could someone tell me why most of the Foam Files posted on page 1 arent working anymore?=(
I wanted to do Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Injustice Deathstroke and Wolverine. so if someone could be kind enough to pass me the file , pretty please =)

I just tried those and they downloaded fine for me. Did you click on the link below the images?

You may have to right-click > save as, rather than clicking directly on them.

On the first page of this thread,JF posted a picture with .pdo file of a hat/shield that caught my interest:
View attachment 417138

Looking at the bottom part of this object,would anyone consider using this as the foundation for a Captain America shield (i.e.after using plastidip to strengthen the foam)?

On the first page of this thread,JF posted a picture with .pdo file of a hat/shield that caught my interest:
View attachment 417138

Looking at the bottom part of this object,would anyone consider using this as the foundation for a Captain America shield (i.e.after using plastidip to strengthen the foam)?
You probably could, but when it's so easy to make the shield from snow sleds, why bother?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back