Subscribe
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 19, 2012, 4:55 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #251

Do you own a licence for Pepakura Designer ?
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Nov 20, 2012, 12:23 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #252

I have a question.

I need to adjust a model to my size, and I found lots of tutorials on how to change the scale.

The matter is, I am not scaled as the model thinks!

For example, when building a bicep, the original diameter is fine, but the lenght isn't. So I need to change the lenght but not the diameter, and Pepakura doesn't let me do it, since as soon as I change the lenght the diameter gets scaled accordingly.

Is there any way to do it manually?

Thanks in advance!
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 20, 2012, 12:34 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #253

fender90 said: View Post
    The matter is, I am not scaled as the model thinks!
    Is there any way to do it manually?

Thanks in advance!
    [HowTo] Fine tuning of Pepakura foam parts' size.
    From
    Joplin, Missouri, United States
    Nov 21, 2012, 9:32 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #254

JFcustom - Do you have an update on your divided Guyver yet? I tried to free hand the legs today and they soooo did not turn out the way I wanted. Are you taking donations or anything for all the awesome work you are doing for everyone?
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 22, 2012, 6:01 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #255

Durkness said: View Post
    JFcustom - Do you have an update on your divided Guyver yet? I tried to free hand the legs today and they soooo did not turn out the way I wanted. Are you taking donations or anything for all the awesome work you are doing for everyone?

At this point, all *.obj files are humanly scaled. I now manage to unfold them the best way I can to get quick and easy *.pdo.
    I can link the files here one after one as soon as they are ready, if you're in the hurry.

Donations ?
    Donations, donations donations... It means I could sometimes buy a roll of tape, a box of A4 paper, or a foam mat, a pack of glue sticks, things like that, with the money of therpf members ? I guess I would be mighty embarrassed, but it's a concept I have to explore. One thing is sure : it would really please my wife.
    From
    Nov 22, 2012, 7:20 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #256

lol... Harbor Freight starts it's black friday sale online today...

And those images look really good...No rush, but I have a con in March I want to try to make with it so if you do post them when you are done with each, I will be hitting the print button.

I give plasma for my foam, paint, dremel bits, and glue stick money.... that's how I keep out of our funds for this stuff....lol. I think it's awesome you post this stuff for everyone.
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 22, 2012, 9:39 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #257

guyver-01-foot.pdo

12 more files to come...

I suggest a very flexible foam.
  8. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Nov 22, 2012, 9:45 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #258

Finally some Thor foam files! Thank you so much
    From
    Nov 22, 2012, 10:19 AM - #259

When we get back from the families tomorrow night i'll start... Thanks! I'll post my progress for ya....darn you're awesome! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 23, 2012, 6:12 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #260

Last edited by JFcustom; Nov 23, 2012 at 8:03 PM.
    From
    Nov 23, 2012, 8:49 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #261

Awesomeness............ We just got home....and now I'm printing your foot...lol. Thanks!!!
    From
    orlando, fl
    Nov 24, 2012, 5:43 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #262

those new guyver files look nice! you do awesome work bro! i was curious as to what 3d program you use to get that humanly scaled?
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 24, 2012, 7:08 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►added Thor◄. #263

Mig407 said: View Post
    those new guyver files look nice! you do awesome work bro! i was curious as to what 3d program you use to get that humanly scaled?
    I use Blender, because it's free and widely used. I'm almost sure that Wings or Meshlab or anything even simpler can do exactly the same. It's not a heavy work.
    Cod added :

guyver-01-foot.pdo

guyver-02-shin.pdo

guyver-03-thigh.pdo

guyver-04-cod.pdo

9 more files to come...
  14. Plaster surgeon RPF Premium Member animefan's Avatar
    From
    Canada
    Nov 24, 2012, 8:39 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #264

great work jf
    From
    orlando, fl
    Nov 25, 2012, 3:58 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #265

Tempted to try the guyver build
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 25, 2012, 5:42 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #266

guyver-05-abs.pdo

8 more files left to come...
    From
    Nov 25, 2012, 10:25 PM - #267

Just to show ya im using your work...thanks again for posting the guyver templates!
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 26, 2012, 6:00 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #268

Oh yes, you rock !
    Strange foam btw. It looks like... a cushioning tablecloth ?

Oh and let me introduce my Iron Woman foam variation :

Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom.rar

Credits :
    Back and torso modeled by Eirth @405th
    Arms from a Halo mkVI modeled by Robogenesis @405th
    Helmet is IM comic version from EyeOfSauron
    All other parts provided by EyeOfSauron's Extremis suit.
    Also credits, because you're about to ask, to Blender (the software) that I used to make all these parts fit a woman.
    Last edited by JFcustom; Nov 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM. Reason: maj
    From
    Nov 26, 2012, 6:31 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #269

lol... One of my friends pointed out at Toys-r-us that they carry 6mm play mats. They carry a basketball court one that's $14.99 and the surface is already painted. I'm hoping that I could just primer and paint.

I just downloaded the rescue armor too.... My 7 year old daughter is a red head that is on day 3 of being good for a month to have me make her an Iron Man helmet. Hopefully I can build this helmet instead....I suck at helmets. And she wants a hole for her pony tail to come out of.
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 26, 2012, 7:31 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #270

Well you can't say you'll be unemployed for the next few weeks...

One more :

guyver-06-chest.pdo

I've left the making of the tubes to be freehanded. It's a nightmare to unfold.

7 more files left to come...
    From
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Nov 26, 2012, 7:42 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #271

You have seriously got me tempted to start a foam build with your Guyver work. I have always liked the look of that suit, and I may have to get working on it after I finish some other projects, lol.

Thank you for this incredible thread. You make it seem easy
    From
    Nov 26, 2012, 8:04 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #272

For the tubes, and the round edges on the shins and thighs, I bought some of that foam wrap for copper pipes. I'm going to try to cut it into 4's so it will have rounded edges. Looks like it can be used to connect the chest too!

and it looks like I'm not sleeping for a while....
    From
    Rain Town, Indonesia
    Nov 26, 2012, 10:15 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #273

wow great works man!
    do you want make the chest openable?
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 27, 2012, 8:13 AM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #274

guyver-07-shoulder.pdo

6 more files left to come...
    From
    France, Indre et Loire
    Nov 27, 2012, 12:30 PM - Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks ►Guyver files in progess◄ #275

guyver-08-arm.pdo

5 more files left to come...