Progress on 1:18 scale Nostromo Galley Diorama project - Alien 1979

sithfire30

I am currently working on a series of 1:18 scale articulated figures inspired by the 1979 motion picture ALIEN. The entire crew will be made, along with several variants of each. Another project I have committed to are several 1:18 scale dioramas from the film. The enterance to the derelict, the Nostromo bridge, it's corridors, medical bay and this work in progress - the Nostromo galley.

Nostromo-Panel-A12.jpg

Nostromo-Panel-A14.jpg

Each panel is hand sculpted with casts made to be painted later. So far I am working on the portals and the table/chairs. All scratch builds.

Nostromo-Panel-A16.jpg

I plan to work on the two rec areas and the corridors leading out from the galley. Below is an image of the current figure sculpts (each character in various stages of works in progress) posed to determine scale as well to roughly recreate the scene when Dallas informs the crew of their upcoming mission to LV-426.

Nostromo-Panel-A15.jpg

Thanks for looking! More to come!

ALIEN 1979 Project

Last edited:
Looks cool so far. I only have a problem with everyone having E.T. necks?????? What's up with that?

The wall pieces look outstanding.

I've seen bits and pieces of this work as you've posted them on various action figure message boards, I love all of it!

I've made a few Aliens 1:18th customs as well as a 1:18th Alien from the first movie, but mine have been mostly mash-ups, using GI Joe figures as a base or altering the Hot Toys figures...not NEAR the level of work or detail you produce.

Do you have plans to add Jones to your lineup?

I only have a problem with everyone having E.T. necks?????? What's up with that?

Like I said - the figures are in several stages of work in progress - the head sculpts have not been correctly fitted to the neck posts yet since I am still in the process of sculpting. Proportions will be fine tuned before the figures are painted.

I just recently joined the RPF site & went to look at your Nostromo pics there, but they all seem to have been deleted. I'm uploading pics at the moment to RPF of models I scratch-built some years ago of B & C decks which from your comments there would seem to be about the same size as yours; my passageways are about four inches high. Please feel free to have a look and comment.

I just recently joined the RPF site & went to look at your Nostromo pics there, but they all seem to have been deleted. I'm uploading pics at the moment to RPF of models I scratch-built some years ago of B & C decks which from your comments there would seem to be about the same size as yours; my passageways are about four inches high. Please feel free to have a look and comment.

Got a link?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back