WIP - TNG Isolinear Chips

Hey guys!

My friend came through for me with the laser cutter, i popped in for a visit today. The machine is fantastic and I came away with 3 freshly cut, CLEAR acrylic TNG chips. The colour might not be accurate, but this was a test to see if it could be done and the etching done better then the previous attempts. The chips are also now properly scaled! Thanks to the info from YenChih :)

I've got the correct colour plastics on route, so hope to post something new in the next couple of weeks. If you can provide me with measurements for the ENT chips, i shall see what i can do, I can't make any promises. But I shall certainly give it a shot once this project is done with.
That's good, so the old one was oversized? So can we see a mock-up of the clear iso chip prototype?

I have family in town but wanted to at least show a photo or two. I am assuming that you guys want the measurements in mm: correct? Here is a photo but it's in inches. In the next few days I'll remeasure (metric) and photograph the entire thing. Also I have attached a portion of the circuitry graphic that I did a few years ago. It is based on the actual graphic and is near perfect. I'm hoping to get a couple of these for myself if anyone does a run!! :)

DSC07535.jpg

CircutirySection.jpg

The circuitry and chip graphic were apparently laid down in two different layers because it is different on the reverse side. On one side the gold graphic overlaps the chip graphic (as seen above) but not on the other. Also, the lettering is clear and all of it is reversable (they only used 0, 1, 8, M, H, A, etc.) so that it could be read from both sides and not appear backwards on either. The graphic itself is sandwiched between two layers of acrylic; one clear and one flourescent green and cannot be scratched off because it is between the two layers (inside the acrylic). In addition to the data cartridges that I own, I have an extensive database of many others so I can provide as much information as needed on these really cool Enterprise data cartridges.

DSC02287.jpg

Last edited:
I have the proper sized labels too!! :)

I really hope this happens. I worked with a member a few years ago to produce these but nothing ever happened (and I think he eventually got banned). I'm hoping for a better outcome this time!!

zlabels.jpg

All based on actual data cartridges and only one sheet of many. :)

Last edited:
Wow, that´s so great. :cool

Finally i will be able to make the next step, and add them to my panels - glued on the white+black "slots". :)

Stations2.jpg

Stations1.jpg

Thanks for your help. :)

Awesome.
That's so cool seeing all the phase pistols and communicators ready for a mission.
I am totally jealous of this!
:love

I have the proper sized labels too!! :)

I really hope this happens. I worked with a member a few years ago to produce these but nothing ever happened (and I think he eventually got banned). I'm hoping for a better outcome this time!!

zlabels.jpg

All based on actual data cartridges and only one sheet of many. :)

May I send you the correct font I found, after I made my mock-up? The "R" "S" "O" "2" "M" and several other glyphs don't fit your screen used one.

Awesome.
That's so cool seeing all the phase pistols and communicators ready for a mission.
I am totally jealous of this!
:love

Thanks. :)

And when the boarding party gets into trouble, these 2 buddys will be stored right and left of tha phase pistols.

Phaser002.jpg

I plan to fit the electronics of a fifth pistol in the Maco-rifle

MacoPulseRifle001.jpg

May I send you the correct font I found, after I made my mock-up? The "R" "S" "O" "2" "M" and several other glyphs don't fit your screen used one.

Thank you! This looks to be a perfect match . . . revised graphic below with new font (BTW, should be CORPORATE).

zlabels9.jpg

Last edited:
This has a definite 2001 vibe, which I'm sure isn't coincidental.

As for the TNG iso chips, I'm looking forward to these too! I remember when I was younger, I made some iso chips from microscope slides with strips of aluminum foil glued on. I'm hoping to upgrade to some of these awesome replicas when they appear on the JY.

Don't suppose one of those pistols is for sale?

With the isolinear chips, I've been wondering whether it'd be possible to turn one of them into a USB stick, obviously it'd have to be altered slightly, maybe made thicker to properly incorporate flash memory but, well. I just think it'd be cool to carry one around with a purpose (aside from showing off of course) ;D

it's too large, the thickness is about the same and you can't make the USB translucent - besides why? The USB stick is the real life equivalent of an iso chip…

it's too large, the thickness is about the same and you can't make the USB translucent - besides why? The USB stick is the real life equivalent of an iso chip…
Maybe instead of a USB stick one could incorporate a microSD card. The thickness shouldn't be an issue, but would have to get creative about how to insert it into a reader (maybe have the card on a slide-mount of some kind).

Here are samples of the first run, with a mix of double and single sided models, please note they are missing the paper ends as i've not had chance to add them. I only got hold of them today and the colour doesn't look bright under the house lights as it does under natural light. I'm using UV acrylic.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back