WIP - TNG Isolinear Chips

Now with the label attached :)

tngchip.jpg

If I recall correctly, this picture shows the first generation of isolinear chips: simple circuit pattern and an off-the-shelf blank label. Not my pic, BTW.

-MJ

Last edited:
I too would be interested in TNG ISO chips if you do a run.

Also, like 'Lichbringer', I'd also be interested if you ever did Enterprise logic-modules.

Looks great man!
Smooth work.:)

I had to go look one of those up..That actually doesn't seem that hard to make. I would have to look in to it. Ent was never my favorite show, but I love making obscure props :p So you never know, this might end up on my "To do" list :p

*ISO CHIP UPDATE*
My friend with the laser cutter has a lot on at the moment and as he's classing these jobs as "pleasure work" because he's a Trekkie lol. He's trying to keep costs down for me by doing them during his down time. Can't argue with that, as I'm not able to throw vast sums of money at the project anyways.

Was on the phone with him this morning and he's going to look at what colours he can get the acrylic in. I've told him which colours I'd like, orange, very light blue ect. I've decided to go with the frosted acrylic. As I generally feel this looks the best, it also reflect the light in a nice diffuse way. Where as the polished gloss just looks like glass. Will have to see how it pans out in regards to cost.

The aim will be to produce a set of both Voyager and TNG ISO chips as authentically as I can.

Some of you have expressed interest in buying some ISO chips. Providing it all goes according to plan, which it does seem to be doing :p I'll be happy to try and sort some out for you :)

Last edited:
Don't forget: the exact size in centimeter for the TNG/DSN/VOY Isochip is 2,4 cm x 8,35 cm (0,95 x 3,25 inches). The chip in the photo looks very large.

With all the information you now have, I am expecting to be blown over with your end results :cool

ooooh the pressure :lol

:behave

How thick do they need to be?

Thanks for the info, i'm sure i checked the size. As to whether or not my source was CORRECT is another question all together :lol

Alan - I'm going to do my very best, thats all i can say :) Hopefully that will be good enough.

I had to go look one of those up..That actually doesn't seem that hard to make. I would have to look in to it. Ent was never my favorite show, but I love making obscure props :p So you never know, this might end up on my "To do" list :p

Some of my workstations would thank you. :love

Kino010.jpg

Stations2.jpg

Stations3.jpg

How thick do they need to be?

Thanks for the info, i'm sure i checked the size. As to whether or not my source was CORRECT is another question all together :lol

Alan - I'm going to do my very best, thats all i can say :) Hopefully that will be good enough.

3 mm thick or 0,12 inches

Last edited:
Thanks mate, but with the information i've got from this thread..I'm going to revise the chips a little. Especially the size, just in case i've got them wrong. Dont think i have, but we shall see.

I'm pulling your leg a little. I love them as they look now :) :thumbsup

:behave Now quit it buddy :lol. I have given him all I know about the chips, since I collected some originals and wanted to know everything about like him. If he fails of too much pressure, we'll know who to blame :love:lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back