Longmire

I'm really enjoying the series. What gun is the Sheriff packing?

Basic WWII 1911A1 with Stag Grips on a Galco Speed Paddle Holster!!

This is DEFINITELY NOT a Modern 1911A1

Being Stag Grips you will NEVER get Identical Grips, they are all different!! NO two Elks are the Same!!

- - - Updated - - -

Any excuse to see Katee Sackhoff again is good enough for me. :)
I actually like the show a lot and hope it does well.

Longmire looks to have a Colt Gov't 1911 with stag grips. :thumbsup
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Dump1567/Longmire3edit.jpg

This is more of a WWII Era Pistol, that Mainspring Housing with the Diamonds and Lanyard Loop is a Classic feature from WWII 1911A1's

I wonder if there's any shots in the series where you can make out the serial #. The 1911 that Hayley shoots at Steve's shield in "Captain America" is a Remington-Rand, for instance, identifiable from the serial #.

Basic WWII 1911A1 with Stag Grips on a Galco Speed Paddle Holster!!

This is DEFINITELY NOT a Modern 1911A1

Being Stag Grips you will NEVER get Identical Grips, they are all different!! NO two Elks are the Same!!

This is more of a WWII Era Pistol, that Mainspring Housing with the Diamonds and Lanyard Loop is a Classic feature from WWII 1911A1's

The pistol could be a 1991-A1 version with back dated parts. The 1991-A1 is a copy of the early Government model, but with a plastic trigger, and backstrap. Easy enough to change. As you say, all stag grips are different, if those are real stag and not synthetic copies. If so then you could very well find the same grips.

David.

The pistol could be a 1991-A1 version with back dated parts. The 1991-A1 is a copy of the early Government model, but with a plastic trigger, and backstrap. Easy enough to change. As you say, all stag grips are different, if those are real stag and not synthetic copies. If so then you could very well find the same grips.

David.

Not really, the 1991, had Modern sights, this one is all the way old!!

In real life I'm a Gun Writer/Photographer, I have done research, this one IS WWII

I just picked up a Sistema Colt 1927 with parts that are so similar its not funny and a Patina to match.

Attachments

• LONGMIRES .45.jpg
    LONGMIRES .45.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,493
Not really, the 1991, had Modern sights, this one is all the way old!!

In real life I'm a Gun Writer/Photographer, I have done research, this one IS WWII

I just picked up a Sistema Colt 1927 with parts that are so similar its not funny and a Patina to match.

The 1991-A1 was suppose to be a copy of the early 1911-A1 with modern safety features and some plastic parts. I can tell you for certain that the sites on the 1991-A1's were copies of the originals. I have the Commander version, and the sites were very rudimentary blade sites and not modern. The first, and so far only change I have made, was to have 3-dot sites put on the pistol.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that it was a 1991-A1, just that it could have been. Armorers like supplying look-a-like weapons if an original isn't available, or if they can get away with it due to costs. Back in the 80s many Beretta 92 pistols in movies and TV shows were actually Taurus pistols because they were so much cheaper than a Beretta 92.

I would love to have a pair of stag grips on my pistol, but so far the only ones I have seen did not have good patterns on them. And if I am going to pay that much for grips, then I'm getting what I want.

David.

The 1991-A1 was suppose to be a copy of the early 1911-A1 with modern safety features and some plastic parts. I can tell you for certain that the sites on the 1991-A1's were copies of the originals. I have the Commander version, and the sites were very rudimentary blade sites and not modern. The first, and so far only change I have made, was to have 3-dot sites put on the pistol.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that it was a 1991-A1, just that it could have been. Armorers like supplying look-a-like weapons if an original isn't available, or if they can get away with it due to costs. Back in the 80s many Beretta 92 pistols in movies and TV shows were actually Taurus pistols because they were so much cheaper than a Beretta 92.

I would love to have a pair of stag grips on my pistol, but so far the only ones I have seen did not have good patterns on them. And if I am going to pay that much for grips, then I'm getting what I want.

David.
I can't afford a WWII 1911A1, so I got a Sistema Colt 1927 from Argentina from a FB Friend, he sold it to me for a song, the only thing I will have to do is a new extractor, the claw is worn and busted!!

His boots are Dan Post. They're not bad but not my cup... supposedly he wears Levi's instead of the "traditional" wranglers. Anyone have an idea of what style Levi's? I hear they were 501 but that just seems too generic in my head to be right....

Watched this with my wife for a while. Good show... just surprised how many murders happen in a place like Wyoming.
I like the character development in the show a lot.

Watched this with my wife for a while. Good show... just surprised how many murders happen in a place like Wyoming.
I like the character development in the show a lot.

It's along the lines of how many murder's happen in the sleepy little town of Cabot Cove, Maine from "Murder She Wrote".... ;)

It seems the male characters wear shirts from Rockmount Ranch Wear

http://pennyparker.blacktie-colorad...ockmount-ranch-wear-shirt-in-series-longmire/

"Rockmount Ranch Wear supplied much of the wardrobe for the new A&E Western series “Longmire.” Series co-star Lou Diamond Phillips and much of the cast wear Rockmount. In the next episode “In the Pines” on Monday, Phillips wears signature shadow plaid No. 694-Blue.Rockmount tweeted it out Wednesday and Phillips retweeted it to 84,000 followers.Adding to the story, Craig Johnson, the series author and an FOR (friend of Rockmount), whose wife, Judy, owns The Bucking Buffalo in Sheridan, Wyo., has been a Rockmount dealer for almost 20 years."

http://www.rockmount.com

Last edited by a moderator:
For your viewing pleasure:

IMG_20160928_100750.jpg
I found this on eBay around January. The seller I bought from doesn't have any (this was the only one they had ever sold) but there is currently a guy selling both the six point in ring style seen on the pilot and the seven point patch like this that has been used the rest of the show.

So before the Final Season starts.... a run down.
The best part is a lot of his gear... boots, jeans, watch, knife can be found on amazon. The hat, and shirts are more pricey but the gun and jacket are pretty up there in price.

Longmire's hat: Custom from Mike Hodges up in Billings, Montana. From what I can tell he is retired. I spoke with him and he recommends Gene Baldwin from www.baldwinhats.com. There are many replica's out there from Knudsen, to Lastbestwest, etc.

Coat: Overland McKinley (WOW the price on this baby) They do offer a monthly payment... and I'm sadly tempted. Many replica's out there including Magnoli's for a MUCH cheaper price.

Shirts: Some were a brand called Johnny Cotton Brand ..some are from Rockmount Ranchwear. I think Henry wears some of these as well.

Gun: Colt Government Model .45 with custom Elk Horn handles.

Jeans: Levi 501

Belt Buckle: I've found several versions out there all in sterling silver and runs about 300 or so. alltribes.com, bonanza.com
The author sells one cheaper on his website. www.craigallenjohnson.com

Craig Johnson stated, “Where’d you get that belt buckle?” We were filming the pilot for Longmire, and I’d noticed Robert Taylor’s belt.
“Oh, I got it when I was filming a movie here about twenty years ago.”
It was a simple Indian design with a bear claw, mountains and storm motifs decorating the edges. Evidently the costumers for Longmire were struck by the design, too—so much so that they let Robert wear the buckle in the pilot and every episode afterward. I’ve always thought it looked like something Henry would’ve given Walt to endow him with strength and heart."

Boots: Dan Post Albuquerque boots. So far these are still available but not near as easy to find as they used to be. It's been a few years, so that's not surprising.

Knife: I think it started off as a Schrade LB7 but later on was a Buck 110 with leather sheath

Watch: In the novels he has an Illinois pocket Watch.... In the TV show, possibly a Casio MTP-4500D-1AV From the Prop Master - "All that I can tell you about Walt's watch is that it is a Casio and used to be mine. We were shooting the Pilot and in one of the first scenes someone said that Walt should be wearing a watch. I immediately took mine off and gave it to Robert Taylor. Now it is forever Walt Longmire's."

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back