The CW's Arrow

***Spoiler alert***

Well, I withdraw what I said. After the episode of yesterday, there's no doubt left. I don't mind, but if he really killed deadshot already, they're gonna need a lot of bad guys if they want to make it 'till season 2 !

I don't think he kills everyone, sure some die and who cares they are all bad so he's helping the police. And he uses a weapon unlike most 'hero's' so death is going to happen.

But mainly like Teragon mentioned they all look like shoulder hits, and taking an arrow will keep you from getting up

I was really surprised with this show, and happy to hear it was picked up with a full season. I hope the producers keep many of the comics characters with a foot in the stylized comic book world, and don't cheap out with that "realistic take" crap. Given China White, Deadshot, and Deathstroke looking pretty wild, I have good hopes. The look of the Royal Flush gang makes me worry.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

I've never really watched anything on the CW and thought I would give this a try. I enjoy it, not blown away by any means, but I like watching it. Two quick things:

1) I was disappointed in the last episode when Queen was arrested on suspicion of being the Arrow. Maybe it's just me, but being so soon into this new series, isn't it a bit early to make that connection? I know..............there will be a story line that shows he's not the Arrow, maybe David Ramsey's character, John Diggle, steps in and confesses he's the Arrow (I doubt Queen forever goes on the run).

But even hinting at him as the Arrow, even if disproved in the next few episodes, kind of blows the mystery a bit for me. I don't know, unless they have a real good story line as to why he isn't the Arrow, they may lose some buy-in from the audience. I mean, the Arrow did all of a sudden just show up after Queens's return. I hope they play that well.

2) Maybe I am just now noticing it, but it seems in the most recent episode Amell's voice as the Arrow is run through some sort of distortion process in post production. I don't ever remember his voice sounding so warped in previous episodes. Rather than him just talking deeper or changing his voice for the character, it sounds like it was changed after filming. I don't like it, it sounds unnatural. I wasn't smoking peyote that night, so is it just me?

Last edited:
In the last episode he had a voice scrambler or something. You see him mess with it before he starts talking to Laurel.

As for his arrest, i'm betting it's disproved in the next episode. It's why his bodyguard is now 'on board' his quest. That night he'll go don the suit and doing something pseudo public so Ollie has proof he's not the arrow and that he just went in to help save Laurel.

no you are right, they changed his voice probably in post prod, but it was "explained" on-screen : right before he talks to his lawyer lady friend, you see him holding and activating a small device, probably a voice modifier. I think he just used it because he was afraid she would recognise his voice, they know each other pretty well so it was a possibility.

edit : well I was too slow !

I love this show so far, but like azheat01 I was kind of dissappointed to see him getting arrested so soon in the series. Even though I'm sure, like someone else said, Diggle will wear the suit in public while stopping some criminal activity to prove Oliver isn't Green Arrow. It definitely isn't something I was expecting/wanting to see in the first season let alone the first few episodes...

Edit - I'm not positive as I barely remember the scene from the episode with Deadshot, but did he kill him or just take out his eye?

In the last episode he had a voice scrambler or something. You see him mess with it before he starts talking to Laurel.

Ahh, thank you, I missed that.

As for his arrest, i'm betting it's disproved in the next episode. It's why his bodyguard is now 'on board' his quest. That night he'll go don the suit and doing something pseudo public so Ollie has proof he's not the arrow and that he just went in to help save Laurel.

That's what I figured, I still wish they would have not made that connection, with the video of Queen in the stairwell and all.

I'm loving this series so far. It's a lot darker compared to smallville. Did Oliver ever had a sister in the comics? Or was it just added in the tv show?

I absolutely hope this show ends up not being in continuity with smalvile. I dug that rendition because it gave GA some notoriety and brought out other characters to light, but this rendition is spectacular! Very close to the green arrow: year one graphic novel! Looking forward to seeing his persona grow into a hero as he vindicates his pops! Great show!

It's already way out of continuity with Smallville. Unless Oliver gets stranded on an island TWICE in his lifetime.

I absolutely hope this show ends up not being in continuity with smalvile. I dug that rendition because it gave GA some notoriety and brought out other characters to light, but this rendition is spectacular! Very close to the green arrow: year one graphic novel! Looking forward to seeing his persona grow into a hero as he vindicates his pops! Great show!

They've already said there is no connection between Smallville and Arrow, and at first I was disappointed. However I'm already glad there isn't as I love this show so far :popcorn

Here's the article I read where they mention that they have no connection - ARROW

boy what an episode that was yesterday. damn there are a lot of cool things revealed, and more mysteries.
this has evolved to my favorite show on current TV, followed by TWD

Arrow - Season 2

Here's the sizzle reel just released online.

It looks badASS. Season 1 was awesome but this looks even better. So excited, can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back