The CW's Arrow

attachment.php

Last edited:
I wasn't really impressed. I wish they would have left Ollie with the long beard, even if they did have to clean him up upon returning to civilization. Once he was home and shaved, I really didn't see Oliver Queen - I just saw a generic handsome guy. Did anyone catch the Speedy joke? I've read that Ollie's buddy will end up bring one of the rogues(Merlin, in case it wasn't obvious). I wonder if Black Canary will have super powers or if she'll just be a martial artist.

Deathstroke looks pretty cool...I'm guessing they're going with no superpowers, but that's just based off the first episode. Who knows were this will go from here.

Maybe its just the CW or Direct Tv but my audio keeps going out just for half a second during just this show. Anyone else?

Episode over...thoughts?

Questions...

Was that Barrowman's "Well Dressed Man" that Ollie's mother was supposed to be meeting with (with a "stand in" for Barrowman)?

What was up with the memory at the end? Makes me look forward to next week's episode.

Liking the first 2 episodes, and Deadshot comes up in episode 3!

I don't know if I'm just excited for Deathstroke, but tonight's episode felt a bit flat. Good, but wasn't real exciting or anything.

You're right, but I think it's to be expected. At least, I wasn't surprised it wasn't as good as the premiere. The first episode of any new series is supposed to be good...to draw viewers in, obviously. I don't know of any show just starting out that hit the ball out of the park on every episode. They usually build in quality and/or "excitement" as the season goes on. I would expect the series to steadily improve episode by episode.

Okay, so I'm guessing...

Deathstroke has already been to the island before Queen was rescued. There's one shot while Queen lit the bonfire of a head/mask JUST like Deathstroke's (but a bit more orange) with an arrow through it. So, I'm betting quite a few flashbacks for ep 5

ok i like the series even tho its pretty generic/slow so far with no real bad guys yet
at first i didnt have a problem with him killing people, but he is killing too much people for me now.
last episode it was like 20 kills. i mean how is he ever get the police off his back?

Way too much bullet dodging. Sustained machine gun fire and he never gets hit. All the toughs in Starling City must've taken marksmanship courses at the Imperial Academy.

Way too much bullet dodging. Sustained machine gun fire and he never gets hit. All the toughs in Starling City must've taken marksmanship courses at the Imperial Academy.

That's true of any superhero show where the superhero isn't magically immune to bullets or have Iron Man like armor.

Ya it wouldn't be much of a show if the stars are getting turned into Swiss cheese Hahahaha

It's not that bad - but not spectacular either. Passable so far. I'm interested to see Deathstroke though, might have promise.

ok i like the series even tho its pretty generic/slow so far with no real bad guys yet
at first i didnt have a problem with him killing people, but he is killing too much people for me now.
last episode it was like 20 kills. i mean how is he ever get the police off his back?

Are you sure he kills them ? He clearly killed a few, but it looks like he mostly aim for shoulders or non lethal body parts, a few times you can see the goons moving in pain on the grounds after being shot. Could be wrong though and those goons are maybe just agonising on the ground...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back