The CW's Arrow

I'm guessing it's the Captain.

Only way it's one of the 'team' is if they're faking it, or the cross over with the flash uses a time travel element to undo it somehow. I'm sure they're wanting us to believe it's Felicity, but I just can't see them doing that and sticking to it. Not to mention I think that's what they want us to believe which usually means it's not.

I'm 50/50 it's either felicity or speedy. If it was felicity though Barry would of never of missed the funeral & would of been far more upset.

I just noticed this weekend that season 3 was on Netflix now (not sure when it showed up cause we watched Longmire through her profile so it wasn't showing there/then) and binged it Sun/Mon/Tues.

It seems most people were annoyed by all the LoA stuff but for me I couldn't stand the endless Hong Kong flashbacks, every, damn, episode... Oh well, caught up now and I can watch this season's stuff and not be missing stuff on The Flash (which is the reason I started this series).

I found Arrow Season 3 to be frustrating partially because of the Hong Kong flashbacks (which challenged the narrative about 5 years on the island), and partially because the League seemed entirely consumed with internal politics, rather than actually accomplishing any mission in the world.

I started watching Season 4, but fell asleep midway through the 1st episode. Digneto's helmet is silly. I hope it gets better after the 2nd half of that episode...

The fact that Laurel is going to use the Lazarus pit to bring Sara back...****** just bury her in the Pet Sematary. This is bad, very bad.

Well, that Laurel wants to use the Lazarus Pit, that doesn't mean she's going to. We already know they're bringing on Constantine as their means to bring Sara back so she can join the new series. Unfortunately, the Lazarus Pit is a "get out of death free" card, they really need to get rid of it.

So, watching this last weeks episode, I had my DUH moment for the week.

When they were teasing Mr Terrific with the sphere, I was explaining the appearance of the character, when Diggle came on screen with his helmet on. That monstrocity is open exactly where Mr T has a T on his face.:facepalm:thumbsup

I'm calling it now... that dude will end up with Diggle's helmet & either get scarred/burned/a bit of soot on his face. Not sure if it'll be something permanent, or just a quick hero shot to reinforce the idea of the comic appearance.

Might be a bit corny, but this show does corny in a way that satisfies. Anyone else think this is the way they're going?

I didn't even think of Mr. Terrific. My first thought was a Titans call badge or whatever it is they use. Now that I think about it, Mr. Terrific is probably accurate.

Keep waiting for this season to get better... It is just not happening. Seems they're making many of the same mistakes they did last season.

Constantine was a very nice change of pace and I loved the scenes he was in... But the rest was a resounding "meh."

Funny, I like this season much better than the last one, not quite on par with season 2, but I find myself actually looking forward to the next episode, when last season I just caught up with them when I had nothing else left to watch. Incidentally I find the Flash S2 inferior to S1, maybe because it's the exact same thing as S1, the weekly meta-humans just come from another earth this time around.

I'll reiterate my feelings from the The Flash thread: this crossover episode was a mess.

The spoiler contains my comedic breakdown of the episode.

Hey, remember that Oliver has a son? Well, he'll be out of Star City, in another city that could have been a possibility for the mom's relocation, so why not make that true and have Oliver coincidentally see the mom, and a young man who just happens to bear some resemblance to himself, in the coffee shop that the Flash Team frequents?

"I have to put the fates of Kendra and Carter on hold while I go stake out the home of the woman who possibly lied to me about bearing my child. HEY, I got the boy's hair sample in the process! Barry can you run a quick paternity test? Thanks!"

"Sure thing buddy. Oh HEY Felicity! Pay no attention to this piece of paper I'm holding. I promised Oliver I wouldn't show it to anyone, even you. Take it up with hi-- Stop asking me fo--- OKAY! Sheesh, you're scary when you're angry so I'll just hand it over."

*Cut back to random safe house*

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Oliver? You just lied to me about something that monumentally changes your life. Yes, I suppose I could have waited to broach this very serious subject until after we dealt with the new winged folks and the madman threatening to destroy both our cities, but instead I think we will just be done because you obviously will never trust me."

"Felicity wait--- *sigh* Okay everyone, here's how we take down Savage. And by "we" I mean only myself, Barry, and the wingnuts. SUIT UP! ...except for Thea, Laurel, and Diggle. You guys are going to wait here and conveniently follow my request for you to "stay out of it" despite all of you telling me to "shove it" in the past when I have asked that."

*Cut to warehouse battle*

"The gauntlets aren't working, Barry, you'll die! And now that I'm touching the staff, I will also die. You should run away since you are at least fast enough to outrun the blast. GO!"

"Aha! So THIS is why I time travel! Convenient reset button, here I come!"

*Cut back to house*

"Oliver, I time travel if I run too fast. And I just did, when we try to take on Savage. Our plan doesn't work because Kendra can't access her powers. Whatever Carter's doing, it doesn't work. Also, don't tell Felicity about the positive paternity test on the son that you haven't even asked me to perform yet. It doesn't end well."

"Good to know. We'll have Cisco talk to Kendra because he loves her and THAT will let her fully emerge. Hopefully she'll remember something useful on how to defeat Savage, Cisco will build better gauntlets, and I promise I'll have my head in the game this time around and use everyone because I definitely know by now that there is strength in numbers. POOF! Scratch one Vandal Savage. OH, and I think I'll keep my visits to my son (who I can't tell that I am his dad) a secret from everyone I know and love, because that most definitely will not cause suspicion later this season."

*Cut to Merlyn in the warehouse standing over Savage's ashes (conveniently just left there on the floor), metaphorically twirling his nonexistent mustache*

"You owe me one, buddy!"

If you didn't click the spoiler and read through, suffice it to say that I thought they tried to cram way too much into the crossover episodes, and did a disservice to both The Flash and Arrow by making it an obvious launch point for Legends of Tomorrow. A decent amount of story, in both shows, has already been devoted to establishing the characters of LOD, and it is getting a little intrusive to both their narratives. That may just be my opinion. All in all, I feel few characters, old or new, got their share of well-written development this week. Honestly, Jay Garrick's and Harrison Wells's interaction was the most interesting thing I watched in either episodes. Here's hoping things are back to normal when the writers are not forced to include every main character under the CW sun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrow 1.jpg

My costume I bought, adding items as I can find them
Big fan of Arrow on CW ad Netflix

Well, I would not have called THAT.... Spoilers ahead if you haven't watched the episode that aired 4/6...

Out of the entire "team," Laurel is the last person I thought would be in the grave that they showed at the beginning of the season. I am very surprised that they would write Black Canary out of this universe, especially considering her relationship to Green Arrow long-term. That being said, it does not add up. The doctor said "she'll be fine" and she seemed in decent health (as decent as possible after taking an arrow to the abdomen a few hours prior). The one unknown variable is the promise that Laurel asked of Oliver. Though I can't really speculate what that could have been.

If Laurel is indeed dead, I think I'm done with the show after this season. I'm ok with changing the lore here and there, with so many interpretations in the comics etc, nothing wrong with playing around and trying to create your variation, but this is too far. The flash back were beginning to be pointless and boring for me anyway, and while Dark is interesting, he's not quite as menacing as I'd hoped. But killing the black canary and any chance of the iconic couple, not for me. It's like killing Loïs and have Clark shack up with a random IT girl at the Daily Planet.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back