Inexpensive 5 days built ►Foam Iron Man Mk IV◄

Re: Inexpensive 5 days built Foam Iron Man Mk IV

Hi again! HUGE favor to ask you or someone. It is possible to get your Pep files converted to PDFs Letter size? I have access to a Mac printer and a 3 day weekend!

13274-quickie-arc-reactor.jpg

Just wanted to post this, got bored on my lunch break and used you idea for an arc reactor. Just happen to have all the necessary materials laying around.
Looks better than mine. I hate you.
If ever you were bored again, why not trying to find the right stuff to make palm's ones :thumbsup
I found smaller transparent bottles, but they are square-shaped...:angry

I'm going to make my arc reactor from this one, but print the graphic onto a plastic transparency sheet instead of paper so the color comes thru. I think it'll work great, but won't be able to do it until Monday.

i beg your pardon but i can say to my french neighbor :

C est juste parfait !! quelle source d inspiration, vraiment chapeau !(y)thumbsup

et en plus un petit PM par la dessus!!

Sorry for this french interlude...:lol

I am new to this forum and replica prop making in general. Your posts and resources have inspired me to start my own build. Thanks for sharing and getting me started into such a great hobby. Good luck with your future projects.

Hey, haha, come and have a look at what I found both in garbage and in my attic :

--->> --->>

two small round AND transparent plastic bottles, and many supernumerary blue LEDs from my old DIY plexi PC case.

These LEDs used to dazzle and made almost blind, and it perfectly matches because for once it's exactly what I'll ask them.

I've got a whole weekend to dig my mind and cogitate on a cheap ans simple 'howto'...
After all, wasn't Tony Stark able to build this in a cave...with a box of scraps ?

Last edited:

Awesome work JF!! Very inspirational foam build on a budget! Thank you for sharing your work and files. Time to get started on my build while using this thread for resources!

Amazing job !
Vous êtes officiellement mon héro, non seulement votre armure est splendide, mais tout le matériel que vous utilisez est disponible en europe voir en france, et avec un peu de chance en belgique aussi ! Fini les limitations matériels introuvables ailleurs qu'aux USA ! Grace à vous je vais peut-etre enfin pouvoir réaliser ma propre armure, je vous remercie infiniment d'avoir partagé vos connaissances comme ceci sur le forum !

Sorry for the french fellas, it's not everyday we can find french speakers around here !

HOLY COW you sir are a genius. after seeing all the foam builds and how in-expensive they can be.... I AM GOING TO START MY FOAM BUILD!!!!! Thank you so much for inspiring us budget guys

this is awesome work and im going to start a foamy soon, have you seen Darkside501st's mk VII files yet ? are you able to convert them to your style ? i tried but gave up pretty quick lol

This is a wonderful inspiration and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the files. Now I just need to figure out how to scale them (I'm not as tall as you are) and maybe I'll give this a go. :) Thanks so much for the tips!

Quel immense plaisir de pouvoir féliciter un compatriote pour son fantastique travail dans la langue de Molière. C'est vraiment super impressionnant, on peinerait presque à croire que cela ne t'as pris que si peu de temps et de moyens.
J'ai été bluffé dès les premières photos où tu montres ton armure en version "brut" par la finesse des découpes et la précisions des collages.
Encore bravo pour ton travail.

Thank you all.
You know this build is the only and first ever I did. It's a kind of 'foam test dummy', still yet uncomplete.
Want to try now to improve speed-building, and I've bet with myself I'll be able to complete a MKVII within four days. In a afghan cave... with a box of scraps... No, just within four days.

I've spent the half-night JFcustomizing the whole pep package from DarkSide501st, and will possibly-but-it's-not-sure-at-all start foaming on thuesday if my work schedule matches.

If tou're kind I'll release a zip with moded files tonight. Hummm... tonight in France.
The idea will remains the same : less and larger foam pieces, foam flaps for stronger and discrete gluing...

Mattdavid -> Tiens, ma femme aussi est de Versailles...
T'as vu la pluvalue que prennent les tapis de gym Décath ? :D

Last edited:

Picked up a screenshot as a spoiler :

becomes

becomes

and so on...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back