BTTF - Back to the Future Merchandise (Toys, Models, Figures, Statues)

New Andrew Probert DeLorean illustration commissioned by Eaglemoss for their 1:8 scale DeLorean launch. Click link below for the competition to win the artwork.

http://delorean.herocollector.com/competition.php (Open to UK and Ireland residents only)

C0w4CRiXgAQVt8G.jpg

Build the Back to the Future DeLorean! - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
New Andrew Probert DeLorean illustration commissioned by Eaglemoss for their 1:8 scale DeLorean launch. Click link below for the competition to win the artwork.

http://delorean.herocollector.com/competition.php (Open to UK and Ireland residents only)

[url]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0w4CRiXgAQVt8G.jpg:large[/url]

Build the Back to the Future DeLorean! - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DPMfAhuz7g

I don't understand this subscription. Do you subscribe and they send you parts of the delorean that you build over time the more magazines you get?

According to post on fb it about 130 issues. I dont know the publication frequency tho.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I don't understand this subscription. Do you subscribe and they send you parts of the delorean that you build over time the more magazines you get?
That's correct.

https://www.eaglemoss-secure.com/back-to-the-future/orderarea.html
Here is the subscription details.

They will send you 4 issues per month. That's 48 issues in a year. So to complete the model, it will take over 2 and 1/2 years.

First issue is £1.99, second issue is £4.99 and £8.99 per issue thereafter. So for 130 issues it works out to be £1157.70, which is approximately $1415 USD. That's double the cost of Hot Toys DeLorean which is larger at 1:6 scale for around $690.

Of course this 1:8 scale DeLorean might be little more accurate than Hot Toys. I haven't gone into extreme details, but I noticed Hot Toys went with a white enclosure for the Flux Capacitor like the DST prop replica, this is a huge inaccuracy especially when one is paying over $600. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Eaglemoss also has the £410.83 annual subscription option, which will cost little less overall. If you go monthly, you are charged £35.96 ($44 USD).

Last edited:
That's correct.

They will send you 4 issues per month. That's 48 issues in a year. So to complete the model, it will take over 2 and 1/2 years.

First issue is £1.99, second issue is £4.99 and £8.99 per issue thereafter. So for 130 issues it works out to be £1157.70, which is approximately $1415 USD. That's double the cost of Hot Toys DeLorean which is larger at 1:6 scale for around $690.

Of course this 1:8 scale DeLorean might be little more accurate than Hot Toys. I haven't gone into extreme details, but I noticed Hot Toys went with a white enclosure for the Flux Capacitor like the DST prop replica, this is a huge inaccuracy especially when one is paying over $600. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Eaglemoss also has the £410.83 annual subscription option, which will cost little less overall. If you go monthly, you are charged £35.96 ($44 USD).

Plus, the exterior panels are made of metal with a stainless brush look. Totally amazing. Too bad they don't ship to the US. :(

That's correct.

you are 100% correct. a lot of the interior is wrong. the creators took the pictures of the shea's car (the BTTF3 desert car) off their website and used them as reference for the interior pieces. this is where the light grey comes into play. the bttf3 grey is different then the bttf1+2 or so i have been told

there is also many other pieces inside that are wrong or missing wires because the bttf3 car's interior was missing A LOT, compared to the A car. even the B car had a lot of interior wiring missing..

you are 100% correct. a lot of the interior is wrong. the creators took the pictures of the shea's car (the BTTF3 desert car) off their website and used them as reference for the interior pieces. this is where the light grey comes into play. the bttf3 grey is different then the bttf1+2 or so i have been told

there is also many other pieces inside that are wrong or missing wires because the bttf3 car's interior was missing A LOT, compared to the A car. even the B car had a lot of interior wiring missing..
Thanks for confirming. I didn't realize they used Shea's car photos as reference. They could have consulted Universal and accessed the A car when they were working on their prototype. Heck if they are going to make Part 2 model (very unlikely), they should go to Petersen Museum and get direct reference photos.

Even if I am willing to pay $44 each month and get the magazines shipped to a UK parcel forwarding address, the eventual total cost including international shipping and customs will be few hundreds more, so this model might end up costing nearly $2000 USD.

It's a bummer Hot Wheels canceled their 3-in-1 BTTF DeLorean model, I was quite looking forward to that.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming. I didn't realize they used Shea's car photos as reference. They could have consulted Universal and accessed the A car when they were working on their prototype. Heck if they are going to make Part 2 model (very unlikely), they should go to Petersen Museum and get direct reference photos.

Even if I am willing to pay $44 each month and get the magazines shipped to a UK parcel forwarding address, the eventual total cost including international shipping and customs will be few hundreds more, so this model might end up costing nearly $2000 USD.

It's a bummer Hot Wheels canceled their 3-in-1 BTTF DeLorean model, I was quite looking forward to that.

NO! this is the first I've heard of this?! :( aaawwww....

Yeah at $340 for 1:18 scale, I guess they felt it wouldn't sell well. Most sites which had the pre-order listing have just mentioned that the product has been canceled by the manufacturer.

In terms of official BTTF items for 2017, I am keen about Funko's possible 6" line and EFX BTTF replicas (i.e. if it ever comes to fruition).

Yeah at $340 for 1:18 scale, I guess they felt it wouldn't sell well. Most sites which had the pre-order listing have just mentioned that the product has been canceled by the manufacturer.

In terms of official BTTF items for 2017, I am keen about Funko's possible 6" line and EFX BTTF replicas (i.e. if it ever comes to fruition).

im dying for the eFX time circuits

Damn, I was holding out for that too.

Hey Vivek, when you mentioned the Funko line of Bttf items do you know what they may be by chance? Maybe you could clarify something for me, So the last larger funko line Viyl Idols of marty and doc are made by another company called "evil corp" I think is that right? and I have seen images on twitter and instagram that look like the same style of figure but I can never seem to get a reply from them on thier postings but I have attached a couple pictures that I have seen. Is this what its going to be? Or do you know anything about these images or figures?
Screenshot_20161223-131228.pngScreenshot_20161223-131310.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil Corp originally came up with the concepts and digital sculpts. Funko collaborated with them and made the selected line of figures by using their designs under the banner Vinyl Idolz.

Evil Corp keeps posting so many cool character designs on their social media just like fan art, but not all of them will be made into figures by Funko.

Funko's new 6" line of figures is not Vinyl Idolz, it's something else. We still haven't seen any new announcement on that. All the info I have on that was posted on page 27 during July 2016, post #656 (which you have already seen).

Evil Corp originally came up with the concepts and digital sculpts. Funko collaborated with them and made the selected line of figures by using their designs under the banner Vinyl Idolz.

Evil Corp keeps posting so many cool character designs on their social media just like fan art, but not all of them will be made into figures by Funko.

Funko's new 6" line of figures is not Vinyl Idolz, it's something else. We still haven't seen any new announcement on that. All the info I have on that was posted on page 27 during July 2016, post #656 (which you have already seen).

Ahhhhhh,,,,gottccha,...thanks for clarifying that for me.

Thanks for confirming shadeone. I thought there was more in 6" scale than the Playmobil line. That's disappointing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back