BTTF - Back to the Future Merchandise (Toys, Models, Figures, Statues)

anyone see the new mini flux capacitor key chains? they have one version in stainless, and is it true about the diamond select flux capacitor coming back>?

anyone see the new mini flux capacitor key chains? they have one version in stainless, and is it true about the diamond select flux capacitor coming back>?
I spoke to a supplier here in the UK, the Diamond Select Flux is meant to be available in December, I was tempted, but they are expensive.

Until DST actually offers it in battleship grey color I am never even going to consider buying their Flux Capacitor.

Years ago just after they debuted their original prototype and months before the actual release, I emailed them discussing ways to improve it along with several screen shots and photo reference. I told them they need to at least match the grey color and they assured me it's something they would definitely consider. But alas, they did squat.

I chose to only buy the minimates and bought none of their prop replicas, as all suggestions made by me and many other fans to improve the screen accuracy weren't considered. They couldn't even get the Outatime plate right, which annoyed me more than the Flux Capacitor as I spent more time explaining the screen accurate details of the plate. But their Mr. Fusion definitely seems to be something which they improved upon over the early prototype which were shown at conventions. The final version still isn't all screen accurate, but definitely was better than their other BTTF prop replica efforts.

EFX has Joe Walser working on their BTTF product designs and that's the only reason I can be assured the products (at least the prototypes) will be accurate. Whether the products will actually make into production is anybody's guess.

Last edited:
Until DST actually offers it in battleship grey color I am never even going to consider buying their Flux Capacitor.

Years ago just after they debuted their original prototype and months before the actual release, I emailed them discussing ways to improve it along with several screen shots and photo reference. I told them they need to at least match the grey color and they assured me it's something they would definitely consider. But alas, they did squat.

I chose to only buy the minimates and bought none of their prop replicas, as all suggestions made by me and many other fans to improve the screen accuracy weren't considered. They couldn't even get the Outatime plate right, which annoyed me more than the Flux Capacitor as I spent more time explaining the screen accurate details of the plate. But their Mr. Fusion definitely seems to be something which they improved upon over the early prototype which were shown at conventions. The final version still isn't all screen accurate, but definitely was better than their other BTTF prop replica efforts.

Same story with Sideshow Collectibles. People show them photo references explain this and that and nothing. Even though in the end making it more accurate means getting more $$$$.

Their Mr Fusion is the only prop that is done half decent.
Even so, the price tag attatched is insane.

I don't get how they can get away with saying "even more screen accurate" when they can't even get the colour right...

EFX would seem to be our only hope, but the odds are stacked more against than for :unsure

Today is an almost sad day. 131 years ago, on September,7th 1885, Doc Brown died after Mad Dog Bufford shot him on September, 5 1885. Thank God that Marty was still around and had a DeLorean ;-P
23434780_2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back