10 Cloverfield Lane (Post-release)

DarkKnight

Sr Member
I thought they were going to do another film with different perspectives and filmed like a real movie. I think they should have released 2 versions the camcorder one and regular for people who get motion sickness

Re: wasnt there a Cloverfield sequel coming?

I thought they were going to do another film with different perspectives and filmed like a real movie. I think they should have released 2 versions the camcorder one and regular for people who get motion sickness

There was supposive talk about it. Director claimed that he liked the idea of having it involve another point of view of another person surviving the chaos of the attack, citing the bridge scene where you see another person aiming a video camera in the direction of the main characters while they're filming the crossing.

Thought the first was great fun and I'd welcome a sequel.....though I am not sure how they could pull it off. A even bigger mummy beasty coming to find out what happened to her beasty child? Hmmmmmm???:confused I think I'd prefer this to an alternative point of view-cam approach!

And anyhoo.....what is happening with the new Godzilla flick that is supposed to be happening?

It looks like a good set up for a post-apocalyptic movie but not sure about one with aliens. Hopefully they explain the backstory and don't just randomly skip ahead in time without filling in the gaps. This one I may watch, the other was un-watchable to me thanks to the shakycam crap.

wow right out of left field just like the original. how in this day and age can a movie be filmed and no one not now about it.

Sounds like the entire movie is a few people in this one location so that makes it a lot easier to keep under wraps. It was known this was being made, but it wasn't know that it was related to Cloverfield. It had a working title of "The Cellar". Guess sort of a Blue Harvest thing...

Hn....okay that might be good,I did enjoy the first movie a lot kinda an American Godzilla.

Poster.

5mvif4fFRh2wGcjuS5Gx_10-Cloverfield-Lane_poster.jpg

Holy crap. I did read the same thing everyone else did right? March... of this year? How did this stay under the radar?

Is that when it's coming out to theaters or is it a teaser with a trailer release date of March 2016?

There's barely any information about this movie on IMDb

I really like Mary Elizabeth Winstead... mainly from The Thing, And John Goodman? This could be pretty good.

I really liked the first movie, and that trailer has me intrigued.

I should probably watch the first one again. I didn't think much of the handycam POV style of filming but I don't remember totally hating it. Just the guy actually taking the video. But he's been in quite a few movies since then and he's sort of grown on me. So I might be able to tolerate him more now.

Re: 10 Cloverfield Lane

I'm sold. They got rid of the found footage format and cast better actors (John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead over TJ Miller and Odette Annable any day), that in itself should already make the sorta-sequel better. The genre seems to be more horror/suspense than kaiju though, hopefully they throw in a wild massive action sequence towards the end.

I also love how Bad Robot went completely underground with this production and surprised everyone by taking the covers off less than 3 months prior to release :thumbsup

I loathe the first movie but this one looks alright. I like stories that are more about the internal beast than the external one. Hopefully, John Goodman is in this for the entirety of the movie and not just the name actor there to lend gravitas for 15 minutes before he's killed off, and the rest of the movie is in the shadow of his performance.

The genre seems to be more horror/suspense than kaiju though, hopefully they throw in a wild massive action sequence towards the end

I also love how Bad Robot went completely underground with this production and surprised everyone by taking the covers off less than 3 months prior to release

I really enjoyed the kaiju and I liked how you really didn't get a full view of it until toward the end.
Before the movie came out there was A LOT of speculation about what it would look like which built it up even more for me. While I wasn't totally disappointed with how it ended up looking I kind of liked some of the conceptual/hypothetical monsters that were going around.

I hope this has a kaiju in it though and maybe explains in a little more detail how the original one ended up here.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back