1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I really hope you have a roommate or something so you guys and sit and watch tv and feel the pure awesomeness

LOL! No such luck... My last roommate, per the settlement, took most of everything to include what's left of my pride and self respect...

But I do have 2 4-legged friends that look at me and wonder "... what the heck are you doing now?"

1259116294.jpg

you need to change your screen name to sofakingspecial01 this is gonna be sweet

you need to change your screen name to sofakingspecial01 this is gonna be sweet

LOL! I'm not sure I'd get by the censors?

I'm hoping to be much farther along this weekend. I'm going to put my woodworking skills to the test over the next few days

Hey Yellowjacket! BRILLIANT!

I dont have my regular graphics software handy (had to use PPT)... but I think you're right! They're ready for anything!

Picture1.jpg

Last edited:

UPDATES!!!

The primer/filler worked out great! Unfortunately the paint I bought was SUPER HIGH GLOSS... So... UGH... I had to run back to the improvement store, get a color that best matched, sand down the console / support and add a few more additional layers...

BUT IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!
IMAG0809.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0812.jpg

I also bought a few greeblies for testing... they're not painted or sanded down yet but what do you think?

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

IMAG0816.jpg

More to Come!

Last edited:

can't wait to see that throttle in action.

and the piping on your test piece looks great. Man this is great build.

Hey SS,

Thanks! I can feel it begin to take shape and things are now beginning to get interesting and FUN! Check this out...

I painted the plastic bits and cut a few sample pin stripes to help get a better idea of how everything is going to work when finally put together...

IMAG0822.jpg

IMAG0823.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG0821.jpg

IMAG0820.jpg

The pieces are simple PVC pipe adapters and electrical box mounts. Dirt cheap and make quite a difference!

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

The part of the build that I thought was going to give me the hardest time...

CHECK IT OUT!

This is only a test piece but I know now that it can be done! I used a router to cut the narrow space for the throttle levers

IMAG0826.jpg

Successful first initial fit
IMAG0827.jpg

IMAG0828.jpg

Drilled holes and successfully mounted to mock up throttle housing
IMAG0830.jpg

Different positions
IMAG0831.jpg

Underside
IMAG0832.jpg

IMAG0833.jpg

I still have two other levers to deal with but the original MF did not have them. I can remove them and create spacers in their place?

I will also have to cut part of the instrument panel (lower) to accomodate the base of the throttle quadrant.

I'm going to paint it black and do the same thing I did to the practice piece - add some pin stripes to see how it all fits together.

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

hmmmmm... now that I think about it... if I use the first 4 levers that leaves an awful lot of "dead" space on the right side of the housing. I can change the spacing between each lever to help fill out space. I'll need to think this one through!

UPDATES!

Self explanatory! Enjoy!

IMAG0840.jpg

IMAG0841.jpg

IMAG0842.jpg

Oh Yeah? Watch this!
IMAG0843.jpg

Watch what?!
IMAG0844.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not gonna go into detail and I'm not going for a poor me..BUT..I got ALOT of CRAP going on in my life and all I can say is...EVERYDAY I look forward to seeing the progress on this project and it ALWAYS makes me happy. THANKS MORE THAN YOU KNOW.....and good luck with the progression! :thumbsup

I'm not gonna go into detail and I'm not going for a poor me..BUT..I got ALOT of CRAP going on in my life and all I can say is...EVERYDAY I look forward to seeing the progress on this project and it ALWAYS makes me happy. THANKS MORE THAN YOU KNOW.....and good luck with the progression! :thumbsup

Hey there, kysupernatural,

Thank you so much for the very kind words. Having been through my own pile(s) of crap these past few years, I'm right there with ya and I'm glad I'm able to do my part to make things a little better.

Let's hope things turn around. : )

I'm hoping to get a lot more completed over the next few days so stay tuned!

SK

I was shaving this morning when I looked at the shaving accessories and something caught my eye... The razor attachment looked very familiar... it bugged me ALL DAY LONG... then it dawned on me. Could this piece be a razor attachment?

001.jpg

Maybe?

I also noticed for ESB they added 2 more throttle levers with a "T-Handle"...
AA1.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back