1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Gang,

I need your help with wiring... the video below shows what the issue is. I am trying to solder a single blue LED to the white LED string. I removed one of the LEDs and attached the blue LED but the "last" two white LEDs will not illuminate. If I take a single wire and close the loop, the last two white LEDs light up but then the blue LED turns off...

How do I fix this? I want all the LEDs to be illuminated?

Video

Ideas?

Last edited:

The whit and blue LEDs run on different voltages and can't be on the same circuit. Someone familiar with electronics may be able to advise you on introducing a resitor to circuit to allow both types of LEDs to run together.

Good luck.

The whit and blue LEDs run on different voltages and can't be on the same circuit. Someone familiar with electronics may be able to advise you on introducing a resitor to circuit to allow both types of LEDs to run together.

Good luck.

AHHH... that's what it is! No reason to set up a resistor. I have a few ideas cooking. Thanks for the explanation! :)

No problem. I learned the lesson the same way you did -just happened to be a Ghostbusters prop instead ;)

Well I have gone through 46 of I don't know how many pages there are to this but all I could say is thus far you are doing a very good job.

Bad news gang...

I've been to all the local home improvement stores and art supply stores and can't find ANY plexiglass to start the monitor screen - very frustrating. I was hoping to knock that out today... grrrrr... It seems like the closer I am to finishing, the longer its taking to get there...

Stay Tuned

Find out if there's a small scale laser cutting facility somewhere nearby. My dad used to work at one, and as a result there was always piles of left over plexiglass around the house. I bet you could convince them to give you some small scraps for the screen.

Hi Gang,

I've started the graphic for the nav screen. I took a little artistic liberties and decided to have fun with it. What do you think? :)

NavMon.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Find out if there's a small scale laser cutting facility somewhere nearby. My dad used to work at one, and as a result there was always piles of left over plexiglass around the house. I bet you could convince them to give you some small scraps for the screen.

Good call... :) I'll see what I can find. The funny thing... I moved to the house I'm in now a little over a year ago. I used to have a 88 Fiero and did extensive fiberglass work on the interior (doorpanels, center console, etc). I had about 5 12"x12"pieces of clear plexi that I just tossed away after being forced to sell the ol girl... You just never know! lol :)

Hi Gang,

I've started the graphic for the nav screen. I took a little artistic liberties and decided to have fun with it. What do you think? :)

NavMon.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Looks good but remove the drop shadows on the curved lines. Nothing in the OT had drop shadows like that and it makes it look a bit cartoony.

Other than that looking great!

Hi Gang,

I finally installed the co-pilot LEDs with switch...

IMAG0081-1.jpg

IMAG0082-1.jpg

IMAG0083-1.jpg

IMAG0084-1.jpg

IMAG0085-1.jpg

I was thinking of adding LEDs within the red lines on the lower instrument panel... opinions? Space seems a little empty. Or I could add single beveled edge buttons?
IMAG0082-1.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back