1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Hey! Very cool!

On the sides of the rings, you have this slots cut at various points for the bracing between them. But why is there a slot cut on the bottom tab that inserts into the floor? I would think that'd make that part much weaker.

Hey LtW,

The opening at the bottom of the ring is directly over top of a "tab" that comes up from the bottom floor joist. I wanted to leave enough room inside the ring. Also, I have to run wiring down through the main rings for the corridor lights so, again, I need the room. The floor I cut was just practice. The MDF I used was in pretty bad shape so no real loss or material.

I actually have to redo the floor to include openings for wires. My only question is how many/much of the ring/walls will I actually adhere into place as opposed to making being able to simply pull the corridor rings up and away - but again, wiring...

Man... I hope that made sense!

Just thinking out loud. That model is 1/4 scale. 1/4 of 6 feet is 1.5 feet... You need to find a baby dressed like Han Solo at some point to put in it!

LOL! That would be a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure there are 1/4" action figures out there. I think there is a 1/4 scale Han Solo. Somebody has to know something. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a 12" Han Solo attired Build-A-Bear!

Now we're getting somewhere! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I love the 1/4 scale build, you are flying along, would a full 1/4 scale falcon be on the list for the future ?

Thanks B! As much fun as it would be to build 1/4 scale MF, the ship would be 20ft wide, 28.5ft long and 7.5ft tall (at the top of the radar). MAN... that would be fun!

- - - Updated - - -

need a 1/6 scale one. :D

A bit smaller... Only 19 feet long! ;)

Yes sir. Some elements or the figure crossover between universes. Have you heard of the theory that Indiana Jones is the dream of Han Solo while in Carbonite?

Hey H,

I have not heard that! Makes sense since RotLA came out after ESB. :)

- - - Updated - - -

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen on the RPF. Much congratulations for such an effort, sir!

Hi B,

Thanks so much! A lot people have contributed to this project. They have put in a lot time, effort, sweat and tears... Let's hope it only get better! :)

I took some reference photos for you when I saw Solo on opening day. I forgot to post them.

:)

eb93bed50d29a52c992dc32364cc2648.heic
d446c930112a36e8cc4774c2e6776900.heic
f4436cd136fb0133d157722fea7ae060.heic
c01b0aa38e27ceec51cb68751a82f24e.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh... and this is slightly off topic, but I put this little video together to celebrate the announcement of the Space Force. Maybe you’ll get a contract for building first ships!

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back