1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi G

No problem at all, I'm having a great time :)

By the way, I just did the math:

1kg resin kit = 300 casts

1kg silicone = 10-15 moulds (I'm going to make the next lot shallower as there is plenty of head room on the first two, so might squeeze out a few extra that way :thumbsup

C,

You let me know what you need. More importantly, what you're willing to do. :)

Thanks OB :)

G

Whatever you need buddy, just let me know :thumbsup

Hi C... OK... ready for this? I counted 467 swicthes... One panel alone had 181...

Are you still there? Hello? :)

Last edited:

hah, wow. I do not remember placing that many switches in the design. I think I must have been in a trance for large parts of my virtual build.

you know, and I think I may have slightly UNDERestimated the number of switches in some areas as well...

hah, wow. I do not remember placing that many switches in the design. I think I must have been in a trance for large parts of my virtual build.

you know, and I think I may have slightly UNDERestimated the number of switches in some areas as well...

UNDERestimated? SHHHHHHHHHH Don't tell Canobi! ;)

Well now that's odd... Something is missing... hmmmm

IMAG0697-1.jpg

UNDERestimated? SHHHHHHHHHH Don't tell Canobi! ;)

* :confused Don't tell me what? :lol

Hi G

Two more more done from last night, just 6 to go. My estimations proved spot on, I'll definately get 10 out of your 1kg of silicone :thumbsup

56052778-1604-4E61-A501-18B9E5B0FC80-8234-000007C42BBE951B.jpg

I managed to get the shells off without removing the bases this time

2F3AAC5F-C3D4-409C-AE72-396D0F3AC2F9-8234-000007C42A5CE162.jpg

I was running out of the cool looking tops and wanted to save a few for possible future projects. I made a slight modification to the last two selected for the purpose by removing the latching bands on the inside wall making them re-useable

9160C4D6-A776-4F75-B746-A519C8E26774-8234-000007C53F4FE09F.jpg

As the switches are still attached to the base, It's now possible to pop the moulds and switches out, and glue the shells back on to the bases making for much quicker reload times too :thumbsup

Well the moulds are already set up for the next batch of silicone which I'm mixing after lunch, so I'll catch you later ;)

AWESOME! :) How much materiel will you need for 470 switches? Are you still up to the task?

AWESOME! :) How much materiel will you need for 470 switches? Are you still up to the task?

Well if this black resin proves ok (I'm going to test a batch by wight, not volume and see of it comes out better), then I'll only need one more kg for the paddles, but I'll keep you posted on that front.

For the rockers (once I get round to them), I'm going to switch to easyflo90, it's cheaper than the roto casting resin, and it'll give me a longer pour time if I'm working with multiple moulds.

I'm also re-prepping the light cover as I wasn't happy with the finish on it. It's since been sanded with a fine grit, and is currently drying having had a few coats of gloss black put on.

And yes, I'm up for making 'em :thumbsup

yes it is...I wonder if you can ILLUMINATE what part is missing from the console. :love

That's the plan... I'm thinking of the best way to illuminate/back light the star chart. I figure I'll need plexiglass, frost paint and a star chart printed on a transparancy. That should do it???? :)

What would be really neat is to use a digital frame that scrolls through several star charts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back