1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I just spent a couple of hours reading through this thread and I have to say your dedication to this project is pretty amazing! Keep up the great work!!

Later...T

Hi T,

Thank you for the very kind words. It's been quite a ride so far... Although I'm WAY past it, I wish I never used formica. lol :)

I wanted thank you all for the electrical advice/guidance! I'm going to Radio Shack today to see what I can find! :) It stormed ALL night so I wasn't able to get back out and work. Hoping for a better day today

I checked Radio Shack, the local PC repair store and several other places and nobody sells any wall warts. Several places didnt even know what i was referring to... No worries... I'll march forward

I could see that. Looking for a long tail light like that on a pre-77 car. Something that would have been in a scrap yard...

Perhaps from the same Volvo as the instrument cluster left hand in the original cockpit?:rolleyes

Looking at it again I'm convinced it's not the Volvo. Completely the wrong shape unfortunately.

Or maybe, staying in the 70's, one of those long horizontal ones like this:

1970_challenger_rear.jpg

Have you tried posting on an automotive board? I'll bet some old mechanic could point you in the right direction. Failing that find a garage that's been around a while and ask the oldest guy there. :) At the very least he may be able to confirm it's a tail/headlight mount.

Sorry to keep posting, feel like I'm hijacking! :lol

From my google searching it looks like it's just the gasket, not the entire housing. Getting some similar shapes (but nothing concrete yet) with google searching: 70s tail light gasket

Gonna try 60s now but based on what I've seen I think we're definitely on the right track.

I've been looking on Ebay for "bracket assembly" and I am also seeing some familar shapes but nothing that fits... just yet! I hope we're on the right track... :)

Have you tried posting on an automotive board? I'll bet some old mechanic could point you in the right direction. Failing that find a garage that's been around a while and ask the oldest guy there. :) At the very least he may be able to confirm it's a tail/headlight mount.

I was going to post to a few forums this evening. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask!

The thin piece on the right looks like something would "latch" into place... hmmmmmm

Possibly the inside of the ol'Volvo's pop-up door lock mechanism, having a look.

EDIT: not a pop-up lock mechanism.

Last edited:

It is amazing all the cool and funky shaped parts manufacturers produce... Ebay is LOADED with good stuff! :)

Still looking...

It is amazing all the cool and funky shaped parts manufacturers produce... Ebay is LOADED with good stuff! :)

Still looking...

That is the problem of replica build.

Propbuilder get that stuff what is laying around in the junkyard, place some part there an one piece here, ready are the greeblies.

If you try to reproduce 100%, you have to find out what random parts was used.... an hunt it on ebay or elsewhere

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back