1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Got the last of the buttons painted

IMAG0638-1.jpg

Since I couldn't find ANY grey spray paint I wound up painting several of the rockers a metallic finish. I'm not too thrilled but at least we're getting closer!
IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0649-1.jpg

I've also started work on the throttle housing and greeblies! What a PAIN this has been! When this is all sanded and primed it WILL be painted a metallic finish.
IMAG0650-1.jpg

More to Come

Last edited:

UPDATES!

I switched to balsa wood for the throttle housing greeblies. I know balsa is VERY soft but I'm hoping for the best. Without a CNC cutter there is NO WAY I'd be able to achieve the look I'm going for...

IMAG0651-1.jpg

IMAG0652-1.jpg

While these dry I'll get the basic throttle housing cut and built. :)

Stay Tuned!

New throttle housing finished and waiting for glue to dry before sanding and other mods...

IMAG0653-1.jpg

IMAG0654-1.jpg

More to come! :)

Last edited:

Had to halt production... Tornado warning for the area for an hour or so...

So far...
IMAG0658-1.jpg

IMAG0659-1.jpg

Its not exact... but I like it. :)

More to come

Hi Gang,

After "Blackbeardcrazy" GREAT greeblie find... Wanted to get your opinion on how to move forward with the throttle greeblies... Which do you prefer? Left or Right?

IMAG0662-1.jpg

Based on the great image "Blackbeard" found, I'll do a little more detailing...

I'm a little upset... I got the basic shape wrong... hmmmm... Might have to start over...

Last edited:

You can draw your power from the mains supply as long as you use a transformer to safely reduce the voltage to the ELV current rating for the lights in question, these are usually available from places like Radioshack ect, they may have to be installed on an RCD or US equivalent.Radioshack will advise you how to do it safely and within the electricity regulations/ codes ect. I'm an electrician in the UK so am not sure what the USA regulations say on the subject as I think it varies from state to state. I do urge you not to do anything without being 100% positive you are within the law as I'm sure you will be held liable if anything were to go wrong. I know that you can get in trouble in the UK if you are found to have put someone (yourself included) at risk. your work and talent is astonishing on this project, so please consult a qualified union electrician and be 100% safe :) I know that in the UK you can easily invalidate your house/buildings/other peoples insurance if the work is not as they say stateside 'not up to code'.

Throttle housing is different between ANH & ESB. Your console seems closer with ANH which doesn't have those greeblies, so...

What is it about looking at a row of little colored lights on a sci-fi console that makes me happy? :lol

Very cool work!

Jon

IMAG0621.jpg

Hi G

Finally have some progress pics for you :)

First up, the two types of paddle switches :thumbsup

1150C504-2AF6-4EA4-94C2-21117DF1CE95-5004-0000047D29E4075A.jpg

B3BCDE85-0F11-4705-902C-756AF4DAD284-5004-0000047D9DEE7983.jpg

More soon....

I wanted thank you all for the electrical advice/guidance! I'm going to Radio Shack today to see what I can find! :) It stormed ALL night so I wasn't able to get back out and work. Hoping for a better day today

What is it about looking at a row of little colored lights on a sci-fi console that makes me happy? :lol

Very cool work!

Jon

Hi J,

Thanks for the kind words! I get that feeling too! Especially after having found those LEDs!

Hi G

Finally have some progress pics for you :)

First up, the two types of paddle switches :thumbsup

1150C504-2AF6-4EA4-94C2-21117DF1CE95-5004-0000047D29E4075A.jpg

B3BCDE85-0F11-4705-902C-756AF4DAD284-5004-0000047D9DEE7983.jpg

More soon....

Hi C,

Did you make a mold of the entire switch? If so, BRILLIANT! Now... I'll need about 450 of them. ;) LOL

Hi C,

Did you make a mold of the entire switch? If so, BRILLIANT! Now... I'll need about 450 of them. ;) LOL

I didn't mould the entire switch, just the threaded neck and paddle as I thought you could just glue them on top of whatever panel they will go on.

It seems a wast to make casts of the entire switch just to have most of it hidden underneath a panel, and I'll be able to make twice as many :thumbsup

If you want a whole switch, just let me know and I'll make it happen ;)

It looks amazing my friend! I'm jealous I'm not able to keep working as you are. Great job, you sir are an inspiration!!!

UPDATES!!!! Enjoy!

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

IMAG0622.jpg

VIDEO! :)
Millennium Falcon Console Build :: VIDEO0006.mp4 video by TheSofaking - Photobucket

Millennium Falcon Console Build :: VIDEO0007-1.mp4 video by TheSofaking - Photobucket

There are only 20 LEDs per line so I wanted to use them effectively. :) Also, there are only two settings - flashing and on. There are few controlers I can purchase to mix it up but that'll come later. I'm just very pleased with having found these LEDs. :)

Bad News... lots of storms coming through today and the humidity is WAY up. I'll wait it out and start the throttle housing tomorrow.

Stay Tuned!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back