1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words! After yesterday... I need all support I can get! :)

UPDATES! It was a good day! I finally got the support skinned. A few little corrections here and there but that part is all finished and awaiting primer. I'll probably install some smaller spacers on the bottom to keep the console from scraping the ground.

I was able to skin the front and the top of the console but have to wait for the contact cement to dry/cure before I begin routing/sanding. I also got started on the main throttle housing.

Support all finished
IMAG0727.jpg

IMAG0728.jpg

Top skinned
IMAG0734.jpg

Measuring for the throttle housing
IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

IMAG0730.jpg

With monitor and "blue" screen - its actually tape
IMAG0733.jpg

IMAG0731.jpg

More to come

Last edited:

Hey Gang,

Wanted to get your opinion on this design element. I picked up some white pin striping and adhered it to the practice throttle panel I created. I get the feeling it might be too wide, but it's difficult to tell...

What do you guys think? Should the lines be thinner?

IMAG0735.jpg

IMAG0736.jpg

IMAG0737.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:

A few more images to digest...

Small Monitor
IMAG0740.jpg

Large Monitor
IMAG0739.jpg

The housing is approx 10x14 inches... What do you guys think? Thinner lines?

Very cool to see someone dug in on something like this.

Keep it up!

-Rylo

might be a tad bit too wide, just my opinion. when did my old panel, i used a large cutting table to narrow the strips to abut a 1/4 inch. Again, its just my opinion. Maybe Steve Starkiller can give you an approximate dimension of the lines from his drawings?

might be a tad bit too wide, just my opinion. when did my old panel, i used a large cutting table to narrow the strips to abut a 1/4 inch. Again, its just my opinion. Maybe Steve Starkiller can give you an approximate dimension of the lines from his drawings?

Hey Fuzz,

I have a copy of the 3D cockpit console and the width is actually pretty close... I think it may appear too wide on such a small panel... If the panel was bigger it would probably work...

Last edited:

UPDATES!

I managed to skin another panel, sand down a few edges and cut the holes for the console 20 toggle switches that will eventually be installed.

Enjoy

IMAG0743.jpg

IMAG0744.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg

IMAG0748.jpg

IMAG0749.jpg

IMAG0750.jpg

More to come!

Thin! Looks perfect.

I agree 100%... for fun I added a red line...

I'm really excited about getting the console and instrument panels skinned and ready to paint and detail! Believe it or not, applying the pin stripes is very relaxing.

IMAG0752.jpg

More to come

Hi Canobi,

Thanks much! I'm really looking forward to adding all the lights and greeblies! I'm no electrician... I just hope I dont burn the console to ashes...

:lol nah, you'll be ok, all the LEDs I'll be using for the rocker switches are 12v. I'll supply you with instructions to go with them so each one can be lit indipendantly when the switch is pushed into the ON position :thumbsup It's not as complicated as it sounds, and I'm no electronics genious, so don't panic too much, plus I'm just a PM away :)

Really liking the progress so far and I'm humbled to be part of such an amazingly epic project.

Hey Canobi,

Your contributions will be equally EPIC and of course appreciated! And if all goes well, we will make you regret your ever signing on!!! :)

Just testing my skills at panel design... I havent had a chance to paint the faux buttons (they're just resting)

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0754.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back