1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

As much of a SW fan as I am & these pic's are great! I can't help but think the guy's who took them & posted them on the net have crossed a line :unsure
I don't mean to be a party pooper but I think there should be a limit & a bit more respect for the makers of the films we love.

I just hope there are no significant repercussions.

Looking forward to some more pics from sofaking01 :)
Keep up the good work guy's :thumbsup

Yeah, drones from a distance is one thing. Climbing all over the set is another... I'm sure the security team will either get fired, or be given an earful.

I think you are on to something about this being some sort of regulator. I did some picture searches for "propane regulator" and "cast gas regulator", which brought up a lot of greebly-ish things looking somewhat like the one Sofaking is building. Non of them had asymmetrical inlet (or outlet) that Sofakings grebly has though. Could it be it is a piece filling a similar role to the gas regulator, only with different fuel, oil or benzine for instance? I found this image of a methane regulator, which has the asymmetry, but lack the overall likeness of the propane regulator:

View attachment 627136

it's called a Methane CNG Aspirated Regulator Reducer, I don't know it it will help Sofaking along.

Hey FF,

It DEF helps in our search. We have to look at older units from the 70s. The part is out there. Thanks! :)

- - - Updated - - -

WHOA!!!!! Amazing images. But the lack of security scares me a little! To simply walk on to this set after all the secrecy behind EP VII leads me to believe this was staged. Either way - awesome images!

- - - Updated - - -

Dude!! you beat me by two hours! I saw it and I instantly thought of all of you guys!!!! that build is basically what the guys at fullscalefalcon are working on! wouldn't it be great if someone could purchase that set, so that it doesn't go to waste??? *wink wink*. Just look!:

View attachment 627406View attachment 627407View attachment 627404View attachment 627408View attachment 627405

View attachment 627399
head over there to see more!

Hey BK,

NICE!!!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

So jealous. Why does no one ever get a picture of the engine grill?

I believe there are images of the grill if you click the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap!!! BEAUTIFUL detail, most of which will never make it to the movie screen unfortunately. That was one of the problems with TFA. I didn't feel they showed the exterior full-size set very well. At least, not long enough, and not the best camera angles. Now if I were directing, I would remedy that situation, much like Irvin Kirshner did on Empire..

Dimension-wise, parts of the exterior look a little clunky, especially in the front, but overall it looks good.

Click the direct link for more pics, including one amazing shot of the interior. Looks very spacious. Too bad that's the only shot of the inside.

EDIT: Even more pics here... http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/05/leak-new-photos-from-the-millennium-falcon-set.html

Dimension wise... WAY OFF! We'll probably only see it from the sides and maybe a high angle 3/4 view. The front isn't even finished yet. But she sure is pretty to look at! And the details!

- - - Updated - - -

As much of a SW fan as I am & these pic's are great! I can't help but think the guy's who took them & posted them on the net have crossed a line :unsure
I don't mean to be a party pooper but I think there should be a limit & a bit more respect for the makers of the films we love.

I just hope there are no significant repercussions.

Looking forward to some more pics from sofaking01 :)
Keep up the good work guy's :thumbsup

Hey L,

I agree... if this wasn't a staged/planned photo dump, I am really surprised they were able to get this close to the set. And more upset it wasn't me! ;)

EDIT: I just saw the images of the 3 guys climbing all over the set. NOT COOL! While the images are amazing I wouldn't have posted those. It does show a complete lack of respect and judgment all the way around. That's very disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gang,

Blast from the Past! Hard to believe it was only three years ago I finished up the original platforms. Three years later I'm making new ones!

RIP...

20130523_132752_zps0a6cc9c8.jpg

New Platforms
20160521_121921_zpsx8hrry2h.jpg

More to Come!

I'm confused by that set. I thought they'd been building it full-size, big enough to realistically contain the interior, but this still looks undersized to me. That ramp entrance looks really low, in particular.

I think that dude standing near it was really tall. And remember even Anthony Daniels had to duck entering to go up the ramp an he's about 5'9" Same goes for Hamill and he's even shorter by and inch or 2.star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-3923.jpgstar-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-6812.jpg

I'm really starting to think Lucasfilm allowed these pics to be taken because more and more, even higher quality ones keep showing up. This is the newest 3rd round I have seen just put up in the last hour or two. http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/be...-episode-viii/ Makes me wonder if they picked a select few to do this.

I have mixed feelings. There are a few shots that appear to have a light source under the MF. Unless the it's just the flash playing tricks on my eyes? :)

I'm confused by that set. I thought they'd been building it full-size, big enough to realistically contain the interior, but this still looks undersized to me. That ramp entrance looks really low, in particular.

Hey Lt,

The EP VII and VIII version(s) we're looking at are not a true 1:1 representation. They are near identical in scale to the OT MF that sits roughly around 2/3rds scale. So the question is: Is it full scale? Yes with "but" and No with a "However". There just wasn't a set/studio large enough to hold an actual full scale prop considering how many other props they had to build around the MF - Hoth Hanger, Docking Bay 94 and the Death Star Hanger. Also, the interior set would never fit inside the exterior props we've see on screen. Through the use of different camera angles we're made to feel that it is in fact a full scale a prop - I'm OK with that. :)

If the interior were to actually fit inside, the MF would be 114 ft long, 30 ft high (at the top of the radar) and 80 ft wide. Even the nose would look slightly bigger. What's interesting is one of those EP VIII photos shows simple ink printed cockpit panels placed along the cockpit interior walls. But they are missing the 15" extension panel ring - the panel where Rey bypasses the compressor. Add another 15" to the depth of the cockpit and you begin to understand the actual scale. She's not tiny.

Our main 3D genius, Steve Starkiller, has spent countless hours marrying up the full scale interior with a workable exterior. It's AMAZING! Check out the link:
http://deeplyobsessed.blogspot.com/2013/01/full-scale-falcon-cutaway.html

EDIT: Click here for another view with vid
http://deeplyobsessed.blogspot.com/2014/09/full-scale-falcon-basic-structure.html

The ramp is very interesting. If you look very closely, the ramp actually goes into the center of the ship where the quad lasers are positioned. The reason for this was to make it easy for the actors to run up the ramp. The "Full Scale" version has the ramp in it's correct position, entering into the corridor not the center of the ship, and the incline is rather steep.

Hope all this makes sense! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think that dude standing near it was really tall. And remember even Anthony Daniels had to duck entering to go up the ramp an he's about 5'9" Same goes for Hamill and he's even shorter by and inch or 2.View attachment 628116View attachment 628117

When we build the "Full Scale" version, there will be no ducking under to go up the ramp. Everybody will simply walk on board. But... we're a little rushed... :)

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does the cockpit on the full size Falcon just keep getting bigger and bigger? Pretty soon, maybe the ship will look like my old Mattel toy Falcon, where you flip open the cockpit and put the action figures inside.

Edit: Oops! Meant to say Hasbro... 18r8dm5qzb79qjpg.jpg
Edit 2: No, wait! I think Kenner first put it out in '79. I'm so confused.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does the cockpit on the full size Falcon just keep getting bigger and bigger? Pretty soon, maybe the ship will look like my old Mattel toy Falcon, where you flip open the cockpit and put the action figures inside.

LOL! It might be. There might be an exterior shot where we see our actors inside the nose. If that's the case, then the scale has to be somewhat close.

I just think it's the angles. The overhead drone photos of the same set, didn't seem to show the cockpit oversized to me. They probably used the same blueprints for the ESB full Falcon.

Sofa, I should have elaborated because I know about the size issues from the previous films. What I meant, is that I was under the mistaken impression that one of the things they had done for TFA, if not this film too, was to finally upsize the exterior to a more realistic size. I was hoping that was true, but I guess that they decided either it didn't matter, or they wanted to be consistent with prior representations.

They could have built it like 33 percent bigger or whatever the number would be to get the interiors to actually fit. But seriously it's not all that noticeable in the context of the movies so far. Unless you are a bean counter, measuring-stick type. Which most people here are, but I get that.

Sofa, I should have elaborated because I know about the size issues from the previous films. What I meant, is that I was under the mistaken impression that one of the things they had done for TFA, if not this film too, was to finally upsize the exterior to a more realistic size. I was hoping that was true, but I guess that they decided either it didn't matter, or they wanted to be consistent with prior representations.

That's my guess. Why reinvent the wheel? Especially if they already had the plans. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I just think it's the angles. The overhead drone photos of the same set, didn't seem to show the cockpit oversized to me. They probably used the same blueprints for the ESB full Falcon.

I agree

They could have built it like 33 percent bigger or whatever the number would be to get the interiors to actually fit. But seriously it's not all that noticeable in the context of the movies so far. Unless you are a bean counter, measuring-stick type. Which most people here are, but I get that.

I would have loved to have seen that. But as I mentioned, in order to get the actual 1:1 scale interiors to fit inside the MF, the ship would be 114' long, 80' wide and 30' tall. I don't think it would have worked with our being so used to seeing the MF in the OT - especially ESB. It would have been a visual shock to the system! Not to mention the amount of real estate the ship would eat up. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back