1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Hey Guys,

We're going to shoot for a quick load out / load in back at the house! We have to CNC 3 new pieces to help with overall vertical support of the main body panels. Once those are cut, we're going to work to get everything back together. In a few weeks OperaScot, the automated quad laser guy, is making another visit to Huntsville to help with the canopy and front window. He's very anxious to get his hands dirty! :)

Canopy work. :D Looking forward to seeing that.

Was the webpage for the full scale falcon taken down and replaced with the FB page? Hate to see that. There was so much to look at on the old page.

Was the webpage for the full scale falcon taken down and replaced with the FB page? Hate to see that. There was so much to look at on the old page.

Hi S,

The FSF site is currently under construction. Not sure when it will be back up as it's out of my hands. So yes, it is currently linked to our FB page. Fortunately, this thread goes back to the very beginning of the build. :)

At some point I thought I read the land was bought, in Tennesee if I remember, the land was also cleared and the shop was set up. I thought even some work on the landing gear-supports had started????

What happened with all that or am I confused??? I get confused a lot as there are so many projects here to keep track of.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Yes to both. The plan is to eventually build the entire thing - both interior and exterior together. The only hurdles are time, money and space. ;) So... we get to do this ALL over again.

For the meantime, we're building "travel" props to help promote and showcase different parts the build/project. The cockpit is fun but seeing the full scale radar dish would help in understanding how large this build/project actually is.

Do you mean this would not be the cockpit on the full one????

Of course it will... the full scale one will be fully working, including the warp drive. So it'll be able to fly from one convention to the other. The only requirement will be that they clear out enough room in the parking lots for this baby to land safely. He did say traveling props! SMH LOL

I think I have the shakes coming on already, may have to do the same as LrdSatyr8 and read the entire thread from post one just to to keep going..........LOL!

At some point I thought I read the land was bought, in Tennesee if I remember, the land was also cleared and the shop was set up. I thought even some work on the landing gear-supports had started????

What happened with all that or am I confused??? I get confused a lot as there are so many projects here to keep track of.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Hi T,

You're not confused. There is still no final decision re: the land in TN. The only issue is distance and the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere. Yes, that's how Vegas started but we dont have the time to travel 3-4 hours to build for a day then make the return trip. Also, with the project exposed to both the elements and human interaction, without a 24 hour presence who knows what would happen. That's not to say it's been ruled out, but, at this time, there are more Cons than Pros unless someone within the group comes into a generous amount of money! ;)

I think there was a plan for someone to begin the landing gear (that's been mentioned many many times - even by me) but I dont think anybody has actually started it.

The cockpit we're building now is in fact a "travel" version. If we ever get around to building "the" Full Scale Falcon we would in fact build a second cockpit.

Hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

I think I have the shakes coming on already, may have to do the same as LrdSatyr8 and read the entire thread from post one just to to keep going..........LOL!

Hang in there... We'll be back soon. Think greeblies... greeblies... greeblies... ;)

Last edited:
(sitting with my legs crossed, hands up, eyes closed, chanting to myself) Greeblies.... ommmmmm..... greeblies.... ommmmmmm.... greeblies... ommmmmm..... greebbbliess... ommmmmmmmmmmmm ITS NOT HELPING!!!! :D

Hi Gang,

A "Blast From the Past" Moment...

This is where we were Jan 21, 2013!

20130121_154009.jpg

20130121_153949.jpg

20130121_153958.jpg

20130121_154023.jpg

More to Follow ;)

Hi T,

You're not confused. There is still no final decision re: the land in TN. The only issue is distance and the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere. Yes, that's how Vegas started but we dont have the time to travel 3-4 hours to build for a day then make the return trip. Also, with the project exposed to both the elements and human interaction, without a 24 hour presence who knows what would happen. That's not to say it's been ruled out, but, at this time, there are more Cons than Pros unless someone within the group comes into a generous amount of money! ;)

I think there was a plan for someone to begin the landing gear (that's been mentioned many many times - even by me) but I dont think anybody has actually started it.

The cockpit we're building now is in fact a "travel" version. If we ever get around to building "the" Full Scale Falcon we would in fact build a second cockpit.

Hope this helps

It does.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Gang,

Our first early morning update of the new year! :)

With the door in place - all that's left are the light bar covers... and the back wall, then the corridor, the ramp, the hull, the gun wells, ;)

falconcockpit1.jpg

Hey Sofa King,

I'm having a Super Bowl party, and I'd love to buy one of these off you, to show-off to my friends! Do you think it could be delivered by the big game?!

The Wook

ps~but seriously, absolutely amazing work!

Last edited:
I am thinking of making a trip down there if you guys are still there with the cockpit in Alabama this summer, do you guy mind people getting photo ops sitting or standing in the cockpit? I will make a donation for your cause.

Nice looking Falcon cockpit you guys have going. It's amazing and I know how long these can take. I've been watching the evolution from time to time. I build a lot of them myself (aircraft cockpits for customers) using a lot of the same basic methods. I do all my own designwork and CnC, carpentry, 3D modeling, etc. I have instrument panels water jetted from 6061 aluminum. I also integrate real controls from various vendors as well build some myself too but also use a lot of virtualware with touchscreens as its a lot more flexible and less costly than hardware. I'm currently working on a new virtual panel set for a StarTrek shuttle which if all goes to plan I will be taking it to Las Vegas this summer for the TOS 50th Anniversary convention. Basically I can land it in the Enterprise using real world navigational techniques (VORs, GPS, etc). I'm essentially blending real world skills and avionics to look sci-fi but it requires an actual pilot to fly it. I'm attaching an image of one of my designs but if it violates any sort of advertising rules I can remove it or understand if an admin does (or can remove my logos) Anyway, this is my first post on this forum and I'm just wanting to show some similarity of building as I mostly use high grade plywood for the shells along with ABS or aluminum for skin. It's interesting how both NASA, the aviation community, and the sci-fi world all turn to good old plywood for mock-ups. I've been building these for 8 years and have done a lot with wood and am always learning new things. I would love to take the Falcon out sometime! You guys should think about integrating some real flight controls and get some projectors going. Personally, after all that work there's just no way I could keep it on the "ground". ;)SimSamurai-AirlinerX-R4.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I haven't checked this thread for a while, but everything is looking great! Whenever I think "okay, that part is perfect" you go an make it better! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back