1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I seriously can not stop looking at those boxes!!! I hope you do not mind if I steal them and make them my own:love. But seriously man, this is very well done, I'm really looking forward to seeing it complete!

I seriously can not stop looking at those boxes!!! I hope you do not mind if I steal them and make them my own:love. But seriously man, this is very well done, I'm really looking forward to seeing it complete!

Not at all! Come on by anytime!

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

I ordered "Allen Bradley Illum. Push Buttons - # 800T-QA10, Ser.T" that I hope will have arrived for this weekends activities. I'm going to add those in place of several of the PVC fittings.

Having now added an electrical aspect to the boxes, I have to think at how to access the inside of the boxes once they are mounted. I was looking at hinges and a sort of latch mechanism...

Of course... knowing me... I should add greeblies to the inside of the box

Stay Tuned

Last edited:

Last night it came to me that the photo frame star maps should be done in the rough Dan O'Bannon "trench run" graphics style, or in the style of the Death Star schematics that R2 pulls up for Ben Kenobi. In keeping with the motif. :)

Also came across a couple of cool new greeblies that I'll throw into the box before I send it out today.

Last night it came to me that the photo frame star maps should be done in the rough Dan O'Bannon "trench run" graphics style, or in the style of the Death Star schematics that R2 pulls up for Ben Kenobi. In keeping with the motif. :)

Also came across a couple of cool new greeblies that I'll throw into the box before I send it out today.

Great ideas! I'll toss something this weekend. And I'm forward to seeing greeblies! :) Keep um coming!

A buddy of mine just gave me an old laptop part. I'll paint it up and see what I can do with it.

IMAG0948.jpg

I also bought luminescent paint for the mosaic tiles. I painted these blue and so far they look really good. I'm hoping enough light will shine through!

IMAG0947.jpg

More to come!

Hi G

Would these be of use to you?

5e53c584.jpg

1e5f87f8.jpg

I can get loads of them as they chuck them out where I work. They're used to protect a switch part and are removed prior to assembly.

I've seen other greeblie items so I'll ask the builders to save them by for me :thumbsup

I also have this (it fell off my novelty mug, at least it's destined for greater things :lol)
f8d1b96d.jpg

It only a 1/4" wider than needed, so a bit of a trim and I can add a new skirt to fit the door stop :)

I have all next week off work and mould making supplies arriving (hopefully) about mid week. Expect a few build pics soon ;)

MAN! It's been greeblie central this afternoon!

I got a package of acrylic blue tiles... I was not impressed and wont be using them. I may use them on a side project but nothing for the MF

Comparo between acrylic and glass - glass looks much better
IMAG0950.jpg

A few tiles frosted and a few with the blue transluscent paint
IMAG0951.jpg

Greeblie painted
IMAG0953.jpg

IMAG0954.jpg

The instrument panels and console have been painted and are now drying. Tomorrow I'll head back to the improvement store and see what I can find for wiring and some kind of hinge and latch for the back boxes.

Stay Tuned!

Hi G

Would these be of use to you?

5e53c584.jpg

1e5f87f8.jpg

I can get loads of them as they chuck them out where I work. They're used to protect a switch part and are removed prior to assembly.

I've seen other greeblie items so I'll ask the builders to save them by for me :thumbsup

I also have this (it fell off my novelty mug, at least it's destined for greater things :lol)
f8d1b96d.jpg

It only a 1/4" wider than needed, so a bit of a trim and I can add a new skirt to fit the door stop :)

I have all next week off work and mould making supplies arriving (hopefully) about mid week. Expect a few build pics soon ;)

Hi C,

All those parts look great! There are SO MANY areas within the MF those black pieces can go. Absolutely send them my way.

OH! I mailed the door stopper. You should be getting it any day now.

I'm really excited to see what you're going to do with the convex lens. Please post pics! :)

I am READY for the weekend!

I think I found a use for those laptop parts... but I'm still thinking...

IMAG0959.jpg

What an awesome project. If you have not gotten Volvo panels yet, I'll offer them up to you for the cause. I make them along with the other parts for the Han in Carbonite prop. Just let me know how many you need. Again, loving this build! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

What an awesome project. If you have not gotten Volvo panels yet, I'll offer them up to you for the cause. I make them along with the other parts for the Han in Carbonite prop. Just let me know how many you need. Again, loving this build! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Hi D,

OH WOW!!! Thank you very much! That is VERY generous of you. :) (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

From what I can tell in the photographs, it appears there are 3 of them within the cockpit. 2 on Chewie's side and 1 on Han's side. Chris Lee and/or Steve Starkiller might know for certain. I'll send you a PM when I know for sure.

Thanks again for your generosity! She's slowly becoming a reality! :)

SK (greg)

Hey Gang,

After having just read Darth Chromer's post and wonderful generosity, I am flying high this morning!!!

The paint has not cured 100% on the panels yet but they look great! Once they finish drying I will begin the second phase... but I'll leave that as a surprise.

I do have another "box" to create. This one is half as tall as the back boxes and sits in the VERY front of the console. Again... one of those areas we hardly saw so I will take some artistic liberties with the design but will try very hard to remain true to the overall style.

You'll see in the pic below how the console appears to be a very light grey. Remember, the console / cockpit was heavily modified for ESB. So, the team agreed upon a type of "hybrid" console. Without knowing for sure what colors they used... knowing me... I'll never be 100% satisfied. :)

NDVD_079.jpg

This is how she looks this morning
IMAG0963.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0965.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Building the front "box" to the console...

IMAG0967.jpg

Looking to add the greeblies. I knew those old laptop pieces would fit somewhere

IMAG0970.jpg

IMAG0971.jpg

I need to find more random parts. The PVC is nice looking but I can't use too many of them. I'm off to the auto parts store to pick up some round "flashers". That should help fill in the gaps.

Last edited:

I'm in kind of a holding pattern right now. I can continue working on the front box but I cant really do anything else until the paint dries on the console and a few more pieces arrive for the "back boxes" to include illuminated buttons and a hinge mechanism I'm going to try out.

I also need to find some medium sized paddle style toggle switches - 40 to be exact - for the center console (armrest). New, they run about 4-5 dollars a piece. And it's been tough finding anything on Ebay for that style let alone that many...

Does anybody have 40+ paddle style switches they would like to sell? :)

Last edited:

Picked up a few more parts with the extra money I had by returning the Formica and few formica related cutting tools.

Parts:
IMAG0975.jpg

IMAG0973.jpg

IMAG0974.jpg

Working greeblies on front panel box - the inside of the panel box will be black - similar to the back boxes

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0977.jpg

I wish those illuminated lights would get here! grrrrr

More to Come!

Last edited:

I picked up that Blue LED nightlight for only 2 bucks - open box items are awesome! The screen isn't as big as I hoped. But I'll tear into it and see what I can up with. Although I do like the idea of the digital frame...

IMAG0978.jpg

The front box has a 3rd coat of primer and then its back to sanding. I hope to have it painted tomorrow.

I suppose you could just put a couple of lights behind a piece of frosted Plexiglas...

Front box looks great!

When it comes to weathering I would look at heavily used machinery. Boeing used to use a grayish color for their cockpits back around the time Star Wars was released. Looking at some photos of cockpits from that time period, you can get a feel for what would typically be the dirtiest. Here is a great example:

Photos: Boeing 727-1A0 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

Note the nicked up edges, grime around the most used switches from their hands, mismatched panels that were replaced from different aircraft, etc.

Well... Clearly... I was a little confused this morning... What do you see wrong with this picture compared to the original?

IMAG0980.jpg

NDVD_079.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back