1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I found some old sink/pipe connectors... I'll paint those chrome and see how they look

IMAG0928.jpg

Last of "these" greeblies painted

IMAG0929.jpg

Last edited:

A few more updates... I think I'm going to add the thermostat to the box with the red striping... I think it works better...

IMAG0930.jpg

IMAG0931-1.jpg

After the console boxes are complete I would like to weather them before mounting... any ideas? I know the typical little scratches will do... but does anybody have any ideas how to "properly" age the boxes?

Stay Tuned

Last edited:

Not sure what you mean about the "switch panels"? Are you referring to the rest of the cockpit?

Specifically, the two sets of two rows of mini toggle switches on the center console, just below the seam.

I meant, are you just going to drill rows of holes directly into the center console for the mini toggle switches, or are you going to make a couple of individual (sheet metal?) panels with holes and switches? I suppose it would depend partially on the thickness of the wood.

Hey S,

Here are close ups of the illuminated buttons... They are attached to the panel by a single philips screw at the base and a think "wire" connector at the top...
IMAG0922.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

Buttons - Does anybody know/have the Star Wars font (not the english version)? If so, how cool would it be translate the buttons?
IMAG0925.jpg

I'll try taking it apart this afternoon
Do a google for "Aurabesh". That's the official name of the font used in SW.

A lot more sanding and priming to come after work this afternoon. For now... it's off to work... grrrrr

Specifically, the two sets of two rows of mini toggle switches on the center console, just below the seam.

I meant, are you just going to drill rows of holes directly into the center console for the mini toggle switches, or are you going to make a couple of individual (sheet metal?) panels with holes and switches? I suppose it would depend partially on the thickness of the wood.

Hey MFP,

I'm going to drill 40 individual holes on the console - ugh... I cut away 2 rows from the "armrest" before laying the formica. That will make it much easier to mount / attach the toggle switches (I just hope I get measurements correct). It would have been impossible for the switches to mount to the plywood. As far as lighting up all the other buttons... I'll play that by ear...

For the rest of the cockpit... it would certainly make more sense to use sheet metal to accommodate all those switches and LEDs. Since I dont have a sheet metal cutter I was forced to improvise. :)

Stay Tuned!

Hi Gang,

I've been chatting with Steve Starkiller and he'll be forwarding 3 (three) MF 3D models my way. These 3 objects are VERY recognizable. Out of those 3, I will be spearheading at least 2 of those projects along side the console! I'm not going to say what specific objects they are just yet... but in the end... it would be 6 total objects... I hope I have room?

Before I begin I have to think these through to keep cost down. And I'll do anything to avoid formica!

This is going to be fun!

GREEBLIES

It was a great day for Greeblies!

Clear Mosaic Tiles - I plan to use a translucent paint and maybe add a frost?
IMAG0932.jpg

IMAG0933.jpg

Can you guess what this will be used for?
IMAG0934.jpg

Replacement for Vickers Vent! Its a "Power Knob for Penn Daiwa Shimano Reel Handle (Fishing)
IMAG0935.jpg

Not really sure what these are... but they're for a Mazda (a buddy at work gave them to me)
IMAG0936.jpg

I'm headed out to work on the panels and I bought paint for the console!

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

UPDATES!

The last of primer went on the instrument panels and I was able to lay a coat of the darker grey on the console.

IMAG0937.jpg

IMAG0938.jpg

I frosted a few mosaic tiles - they turned out really nice. I'm going test these three with mutliple coats to see which looks best
IMAG0939.jpg

You can see the difference with just one coat
IMAG0941.jpg

Finalizing the back box greeblies...
IMAG0940.jpg

I should have a few more updates by nights end... I hope

Last edited:

Last of the updates for this evening...

I brought the panels inside to dry. I wasnt able to get a final sanding and first coat of paint. It's just too humid outside.

IMAG0942.jpg

IMAG0943.jpg

Next stop... paint. And then the fun begins! And yes, the support will be painted as well. :)

Last edited:

It's tough to stay away from such a fun project...

Working the design for back boxes. Remember, these were something we NEVER saw so I have to "wing it"... I hope I've done the original design justice... I plan to weather it once I get the final design in place. It's missing something... I think it needs some random wiring - much like the cockpit had... remember... Han "...did a lot special modifications...". I'll see what I can come up with...

IMAG0944.jpg

IMAG0945.jpg

IMAG0946.jpg

I might add a pin stripe around the edge of the back panel... still thinking... More to come!

Last edited:

Hi All,

This just dawned on me... The Navigation screen. There was a blue tint that eminated from the screen. I've thought about this a few times but now I need to actually address it.

First, I have to recreate the surround once again. I didnt make it wide enough (not a big deal). However, I rely on the experts for any and all ideas? I thought about an actual monitor but the cost involved might be too much. So what do you guys think? Please, any and all ideas are welcome! :)

IMAG0754.jpg

Anybody?

Those boxes are, to use the vernacular, sick! A perfect fit with the motif. I agree: Some wire bundles would be appropriate.

For the monitor, this came to mind: Amazon.com: AmerTac 71282 Forever-Brite Plug-In Night Light, Cool Blue, 2 Pack: Home Improvement

I have one in the bathroom and it throws off a nice cool blue light. I also searched "blue led flat panel" and came up with this:

Amazon.com: GE 11295 LED Flat Panel CoverLite, Black: Home Improvement

If the size (and power) is right, it could be a winner. And if you really want to get creative, how about an LED digital photo frame that cycles through star maps?

Hey MFP,

Those are all GREAT ideas! Very inexpensive and doable! I'll check the local improvement stores to see if they have them.

But your digital photoframe has REAL potential! You see, when you have your face covered in dust and paint fumes... you need outside influence to push you forward! :)

Great ideas! Thank you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back