1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

its amazing how diffused the grey looks against the black comapred to the white striping... But I think it still holds true to the design

IMAG0902.jpg

I think there's primer under all that filler?
IMAG0903.jpg

Final Updates for the Night

Nice clean edges
IMAG0905.jpg

Close to adding paint
IMAG0906.jpg

Greeblies painted
IMAG0907.jpg

All put together with some decor - getting closer!
IMAG0908.jpg

IMAG0909.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

The new greeblies aren't in their exact position on the panel boxes but this gives you an idea...
IMAG0912.jpg

Let's hope this week proves to be fruitful with the bringing of acrylic, switches, clear tiles, trottle linkage, illuminated button pads and MORE!

What do you all think about the Steve Starkillers newest 3D rendering with the console body black? I think it looks really good. I'm getting real close to laying final paint down so please let me know your opinion! :)

new20console201.jpg

I'm also breaking out the fiberglass and resin this week to create a few little pieces for the dash. Nothing exciting but there are a few areas to fill on the trottle housing and MDF isnt strong enough.

More to come!

Last edited:

This is the craziest project I've come across so far! haha Definately going to keep an eye on this one, Looking great so far :D

I've looked at ALL the pics I have and think it best to change the color of the console to black or at least a very dark grey. I wont do a high gloss... but I think it needs to change... colors... again... ugh... lol

Great work Sofa! This is unbelievable!

Thank you very much! It's been great fun building this so far - minus the paint fiasco.

I was just looking at several Blue Ray screen captures (thanks to Chris Lee) of the different versions of the cockpit and my jaw just about hit the floor... The details from the ESB version are amazing and sickening at the same time!

swempire_1975.jpg

I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking about how this is going to move forward. :)

Last edited:

Oh my glorious gentle baby *****. This is absolutely epic! I am literally giddy like a small child on Christmas Eve. I cannot wait for more updates! I am scouring my house for greeblies, and waiting anxiously for the next update!

Edit: I just realized you're in Rocket City, AL. I am just a short(ish) drive away in Austin, TX. I'll keep my eyes peeled for various and sundry junk that I can ship to you to help accurize the cockpit.

Last edited:

Oh my glorious gentle baby *****. This is absolutely epic! I am literally giddy like a small child on Christmas Eve. I cannot wait for more updates! I am scouring my house for greeblies, and waiting anxiously for the next update!

Edit: I just realized you're in Rocket City, AL. I am just a short(ish) drive away in Austin, TX. I'll keep my eyes peeled for various and sundry junk that I can ship to you to help accurize the cockpit.

Hi E,

Thank you very much. :) This week should prove to be VERY rich with updates / greeblies.

If there is ANYTHING you can find and offer up that would greatly appreciated! After looking at those screen shots I realized I may have to find a few junk yards or keep looking on Ebay for misc bits and pieces.

I'm off to bed. Thanks agin for the kind words and the offer to help out!

Stay Tuned!

don't be alarmed if you hear someone breaking in, and then find a guy sitting at your console feverishly whispering Han Solo quotes and Falcon sound effects. It's just me.

Dark gray looks more correct to me, particularly from the last picture. I like the contrast between the two. It's almost as if flight controls get their own (gray) areas and the instruments get their own. (If there were any actual instruments, that is.)

How will the control yokes be mounted? In the first pic they're attached to a column on the floor. In the last pic they appear to be mounted directly to the dash. And there's nothing under the panel—not even rudder pedals—which isn't surprising but is a little disappointing, oddly. (I assume they used the column version when they needed some movement?) Sorry if I'm jumping ahead. ;)

This is just looking fantastic!!!! Its really starting to come together nicely. I was wondering if you have a running parts list, perhaps in a word or excel document?

So awesome!
I loved your '2001' moment. Particularly when you consider other consoles littered throughout the movies - you get the sense that the props / set designers & constructors really pushed their imagination to create that 'futurstic'/sci-fi look using everday items that noone could pick.

Keep up the amazing work! :)

Dark gray looks more correct to me, particularly from the last picture. I like the contrast between the two. It's almost as if flight controls get their own (gray) areas and the instruments get their own. (If there were any actual instruments, that is.)

How will the control yokes be mounted? In the first pic they're attached to a column on the floor. In the last pic they appear to be mounted directly to the dash. And there's nothing under the panel—not even rudder pedals—which isn't surprising but is a little disappointing, oddly. (I assume they used the column version when they needed some movement?) Sorry if I'm jumping ahead. ;)

I've been so torn trying to figure out these colors - each photo seems to be a little different... I know I'll just have to make a decision. But I think you're right. A darker grey is needed for the console, a light grey and near black for the instrument clusters/panels.

How will the control yokes be mounted? Very good question. I was able to purchase two yokes for 35 bucks off Ebay over the weekend. They're not the "Vickers" style yokes, but I'll see what I can do with them by cutting them down to shape, adding greeblies, mounts, etc...

I'm going to mount them the same way in the final versions of ESB / ROTJ and that's to the panel itself. I think the picture that shows the columns are a early preproduction photo. They were eventually removed because they're wasn't enough room to move freely about the cockpit.

How am I "actually" going to mount them still remains a mystery. I'll start by looking on Ebay through the "Aviation Parts" section and see what I can find... then I just move on to common items like "monitor / display" mounts, etc... Fortunately, I have a little time to figure it all out.

If you have any ideas PLEASE let me know. :)

SK

Last edited:

This is just looking fantastic!!!! Its really starting to come together nicely. I was wondering if you have a running parts list, perhaps in a word or excel document?

Thanks so much! I wish I was home working on it!

I can put together a parts if you guys are interested. So far, everything "seen" has been purchased at the local Home Depot / Lowes (minus the throttle levers - that was a LUCKY Ebay find). All the little greeblies are either PVC fittings or electrical bits.

Once all the parts come in through the mail, I'll begin to document and post to the forum. But most of that is Ebay finds and "one-offs".

I'm headed back to the home improvement store after work. Need to get a few items, but I'll keep a running list.

GREAT IDEA! :)

Hi gang,

As much as I would like to stay true to the original design of the ESB version... let's face it... unless we're able to indentify each and every little piece I'm going to have to improvise the design.

I will certainly stay true to the original overall design but I think in the end it's going to be a ANH / ESB / ROTJ hybrid - or "Franken-Console"...

If anybody has any ideas, thoughts or knows of any parts please let me know! :)

So awesome!
I loved your '2001' moment. Particularly when you consider other consoles littered throughout the movies - you get the sense that the props / set designers & constructors really pushed their imagination to create that 'futurstic'/sci-fi look using everday items that noone could pick.

Keep up the amazing work! :)

Hey Oldskool,

Thanks for the kind words! You are 100% percent correct. The designers really did use their imaginations. All the little greeblies are probably common bits to some but are completely foreign to most of us. And that's where they succeeded in every way.

I've been on Ebay these past few weeks looking for parts that remotely resembles "anything" from the console cockpit. I just use a word that best describes what I think I'm looking at. The selection is pretty amazing. I usually have narrow down the results by selecting "used" and then scroll through those findings. If successful, I get a better understanding of what it is I'm actually looking at - make sense?

Its been frustrating at times but fun as well.

For example, go to Ebay and type in "throttle linkage"... you'll see exactly what I mean...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back