Marvel Movie Rights and Future Marvel Movies

another question how come stan lee still does the camo roles in the spiderman films if marvels don't have the rights ? Just confused me
Stan Lee is a character, to be sure, but he's not a Marvel Comics character; they don't own him. Unless his contract with Marvel forbids it (which doesn't appear to be the case), he's free to appear in whatever movies, television shows, advertising, etc., he chooses. Besides, he's so closely identified with Marvel Comics that they probably consider it free publicity.

No more please.

Especially Punisher. There's been what? 4 of those. They all sucked.

It just doesn't make it as a movie.

I didn't think there was any way a Thor movie could ever work. I've seen two movies with Thor now, and one of them might be my favorite movie ever.

If Marvel Studios can make a movie about a hammer-wielding god, I'm sure they can pull off a vigilante.

I liked Blade a lot.

Well see. I really hope they don't make Venom out to be a hero in a stand alone film. I would love to see a "dark" scary Venom flick, but I know it won't happen.

I would love to see a Marvel universe that doesn't reset itself every few years. Maybe they can keep the stories going, but change actors if necessary as time passes. Or in the case of teams, just change the roster.

I would love to see a Marvel universe that doesn't reset itself every few years. Maybe they can keep the stories going, but change actors if necessary as time passes. Or in the case of teams, just change the roster.

That's the current plan for Iron Man. When RDJ stops, they're still going to continue the story with a different actor, a la Bond

Well see. I really hope they don't make Venom out to be a hero in a stand alone film. I would love to see a "dark" scary Venom flick, but I know it won't happen.

haha Venom a hero, even when he does good things Venom is still rotten to the core but i really couldn't see him getting his own movie.

I just hope that one day they do a Civil War movie(s) :D

funny thing is, sony is going crazy :D

they said they want to do the same thing with their marvel characters as marvel did with the avengers

they are making the venom movie as part of this universe, as is the new spiderman reboot.

i dont know where this is heading.

funny thing is, sony is going crazy :D

they said they want to do the same thing with their marvel characters as marvel did with the avengers

they are making the venom movie as part of this universe, as is the new spiderman reboot.

i dont know where this is heading.

Hopefully, it heads to a grand failure that leads to Marvel taking the rights back.

im not even sure how that is supposed to work

what main characters do they have:
Ghost Rider/Johnny Blaze, Blackheart/Legion, Phantom Rider/Carter Slade, Abigor, Gressil, Mephistopheles, Wallow, Barton Blaze, Roxanne Simpson,
Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, The Lizard/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph “Robbie” Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson

not really a lot to build an universe from, except for a spiderman series. They are doing the venom movie, but really, unless they do a lot of villain movies, i dont see how this will work

haha Venom a hero, even when he does good things Venom is still rotten to the core but i really couldn't see him getting his own movie.

I just hope that one day they do a Civil War movie(s) :D

They'd have to change the storyline, no way Marvel would let their most popular movie hero be the bad guy.

im not even sure how that is supposed to work

what main characters do they have:
Ghost Rider/Johnny Blaze, Blackheart/Legion, Phantom Rider/Carter Slade, Abigor, Gressil, Mephistopheles, Wallow, Barton Blaze, Roxanne Simpson,
Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus/Otto Octavius, Green Goblin/Norman Osborn, Green Goblin/Harry Osborn, The Lizard/Dr. Curt Connors, Sandman/Flint Marko, Venom/Eddie Brock Jr., Betty Brant, Dennis Carradine (Buglar), J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Parker, May Parker, John Jameson, Joseph “Robbie” Robertson, Gwen Stacy, Mendel Stromm, Flash Thompson

not really a lot to build an universe from, except for a spiderman series. They are doing the venom movie, but really, unless they do a lot of villain movies, i dont see how this will work

They could do it based on the new Venom comics but I have no idea who they would pick to be opposite Venom even if he's partially good he's still a monster, my only guess would be Jack-O-Lantern(which they probably don't the rights for) or Kraven

It's not so much that he's a bad guy in the Civil War he's just on the side of the Government(EVIL :p) really depends on which side people agree with. Though they would have to give this 150% since it is one of the most popular story lines.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back