The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

excuse me please but I would like to know would the grip piece also fit onto an original Hoyt Buffalow bow?

The riser was modeled from reference images and scaled to the measurements given. It probably won't fit on the first try but it would be closer than a solid piece of wood. If it fits close, you might be able to warm up the metal riser and push the grip onto it. Melting the plastic around it. If you have an original Hoyt Buffalo riser, your best bet may be to just model a grip out of clay or another modeling medium.

Ty very much for the Infos so I have to check out what I´m able to do as I devenetly would love to use the real deal bow for my built up.

Greetings Heinz

14568070_10210648748763798_827175184410342834_n.jpg 14500544_1013490542096882_8116190558218576921_o.jpg

My amazing boyfriend as Hawkeye, Civil War suit....with a tiny little friend :lol

What is the name of those small pieces on the bow? Are they custom made for looks or do they serve an actual purpose in terms of functionality?

What is the name of those small pieces on the bow? Are they custom made for looks or do they serve an actual purpose in terms of functionality?

Can you be more specific? If you're talking about the bumps on the grip, I'm sure they are for better grip. And I would also bet they chose that design for it's esthetics. I don't know if they are on any actual bows.

I forgot to mention which version sorry about that. Im asking about the bow in civil war. I dont know what to call the pieces though. One at the top of the riser one right below the grip and one at the bottom of the riser.

Attachments

• hawkeyecivilwar-173594.jpg
    hawkeyecivilwar-173594.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 167
I'm working on my own Civil war costume, and i think I've found the gloves he wears. Looking at this image, it looks like the 5.11 Tac A2 Glove
http://www.511tactical.com/tac-a2-gloves.html
It's been modified a bit with the purple fabric on the back of the hand, but the base looks accurate from what I can see. Hope that helps some people with their own builds!

Here's a quick side by side picture for comparison:
glove comparison.JPG

Last edited:
I forgot to mention which version sorry about that. Im asking about the bow in civil war. I dont know what to call the pieces though. One at the top of the riser one right below the grip and one at the bottom of the riser.
They look to be the octane revolver dampeners, they're used to quiet down the bow and reduce unwanted vibrations when shooting the bow.
ceccc0108fd09d35f32aaedf591b0546.jpg

Hi there. Does anyone have these files? The link is dead....

you may be interested to know there is a EVOLUTION OF HAWKEYE group now on facebook where people share costume ideas and 3D files.. :)

Attachments

• Antman Hawkeye 2015a.jpg
    Antman Hawkeye 2015a.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 267
  • GeekFest bucky_capt_hawkeye.jpg
    GeekFest bucky_capt_hawkeye.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Agent Hawkeye at Sheffield FCC 14082016a.jpg
    Agent Hawkeye at Sheffield FCC 14082016a.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Does anyone know what this clasp/ Buckle/ Clip is called or were to get it? I am looking for the one on the left.

It's called a bikini clasp/closure, for mine I found one big enough for 50mm (2 inch) webbing, but they're annyoingly hard to find in that size, I would post the link but it seems they don't sell them any more. I hope that helps a bit.

It's called a bikini clasp/closure, for mine I found one big enough for 50mm (2 inch) webbing, but they're annyoingly hard to find in that size, I would post the link but it seems they don't sell them any more. I hope that helps a bit.

Well it is a start. I may have to make a non functional one for the look.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back