The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

Another thing I can't find is the sight/scope/laser on the bow. I wonder if it's just a laser?

Hawkeyesight.jpg

Hawkeyesight2.jpg

Looks like a found laser sight of some type; maybe something that was modded to take the red/orange light used in the film or just a place holder for the ligting effect?

Great idea, really wish he was just offering the greeblies to add to a functional bow... Still some great shots and a good option for folks not wanting a functional piece. I want to see the quiver; I had the same plan (vacforming, etc.) and I know the original was all CNC, so it'll be interesting on how it comes out.

I have access to a 3-axis mill. If I can make an accurate 3D model, I can have it milled out of hard foam. Then I can use the foam buck to vac form it.

I know there was mention of someone getting the Hoyt bow and casting the grip. I would definitely be on board for this. While I would love to have an exact functioning bow, I already have a recurve and a compound bow, so I just want something for the costume. Plus I want to make it collapse for ease of carrying so I don't need one that can actually shoot an arrow. I plan to just use elastic cord for the string and make the hinges functional. So, if the whole casting thing comes to pass count me in!

In the meantime, I've started on my V1 Hawkeye (Black). Hopefully I'll have some pics soon...

Now that I know I can get the Airflex knee pads by themselves, I'm feeling more confident about the pants for the V2 costume. For V1 I'm just going to attach them to a pair of black tac pants and call it close enough for now.

I would be on board for a resin cast of just the Hoyt's riser. I also agree that it doesn't need to shoot which would be better seeing how strict security is on different cons.

So, where did you find these? Did I miss it somehow?

It's called a Monster Hinge. It's available at a lot of plastic shops. I found it at www.abcplastics.com

The only difference I've found is the screen used has 4 legs on one side of the hinge and 5 legs on the other. The one I found has 4 and 4. The screen used appears to be a little taller too.

I would be on board for a resin cast of just the Hoyt's riser. I also agree that it doesn't need to shoot which would be better seeing how strict security is on different cons.

I'm going to purchase it as a birthday gift for myself in two weeks; if two or three folks are truly wanting it I'll spend the $ for the silicone / resin for riser casts. I may have time to work the sight and hinge details to cast them as well, but I can't guarantee anything until after June 10. The only issue is I'm a right handed shooter...

I recieved my Highlander boots last night, and have chatted with someone that owns an industrial leather sewing machine. She's interested in taking on the gaiter project but isn't quite sure how to start.

Last edited:
That would be great! I'm personally fine with the right handed riser.
I'm going to purchase it as a birthday gift for myself in two weeks; if two or three folks are truly wanting it I'll spend the $ for the silicone / resin for riser casts. I may have time to work the sight and hinge details to cast them as well, but I can't guarantee anything until after June 10. The only issue is I'm a right handed shooter...

That's one of my main reason there. That and posing for pictures holding a 40#-60# draw!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back