The Definitive Hawkeye "Avengers" Costume Thread

For those of you who have 3D printed the quivers/arrows/other pieces, may I ask what model printer you've used? I'm looking into buying one for an upcoming project, and was curious what the specs were and if you had any recommendations. I'd like to eventually be able to upgrade my Hawkeye and other costumes as well. :)

Would love to get my hands on one but currently I'm just running my designs through Shapeways for printing. I know Widescreen was looking to find one to purchase and I'm not 100% but I think MisterXero uses a Makerbot.

And then I made an account specifically to comment on this thread. Is there anyone here who has the Hoyt Buffalo bow who'd be willing to either 3D scan or cast the riser? I know, Dash, you were going to buy it at one point in the nethers of this thread somewhere? Otherwise I'll try to model it somehow before considering just buying one of the cheap beginner bow options.

And then I made an account specifically to comment on this thread. Is there anyone here who has the Hoyt Buffalo bow who'd be willing to either 3D scan or cast the riser? I know, Dash, you were going to buy it at one point in the nethers of this thread somewhere? Otherwise I'll try to model it somehow before considering just buying one of the cheap beginner bow options.

And I did, ;). Really great bow, only issue is that I'm a righty, so for the folks that want the screen accurate lefty...:( I don't want to derail this info thread but if there was enough interest I would seriously consider molding/casting some for folks along with the 3D greeblies this winter.

And I did, ;). Really great bow, only issue is that I'm a righty, so for the folks that want the screen accurate lefty...:( I don't want to derail this info thread but if there was enough interest I would seriously consider molding/casting some for folks along with the 3D greeblies this winter.

Ah, devil's in the details. But, well, I'd be exceedingly grateful - recompense you for your trouble if need be.

Not an issue, I'm a righty also but I guess one person's interest is not enough to make the project cost effective.

I may have missed it but have alternate V1 boots been found and what are the gloves he is wearing in the opening. They look like UFC gloves without the logo.

V1 boots were never ID'd; I posted the info in the SHIELD Hawkeye thread, the gloves are Hatch half finger rappelling gloves but I believe a bit tricky to find as they updated the pattern about a year or so ago.

Looks like Hawkeye V1 used either a 2 or 4 stitch plain duty belt with a black buckle with a small D ring hanging on left side as a waist belt under/in addition to the Bianchi pistol belt.
Haven't been able to find a specific brand that looks perfect for the buckle shape.
Possibly Galls or Gould and Goodrich with a recolored buckle?

Hopefully, fresh eyes will help ID the V1 boots.

They are black, 10 eye, non-speed lace, with an integrated loop on the back. The top of the soles look brown with black on the bottom..

Belleville and Corcoran's are out.
Thought Doc Martins? Perhaps 1919 with 8761 soles and then the loop and little piece by the toe and heel added.
But would that much effort have been made when the rest of V1 is so much off the shelf?

Wow, i just wanted to say thank you so much for this thread, and the SHIELD Uniform/Costume thread! Both have helped me so much in reference in how to do mine! :) I'm still working on how to do the gloves, and quiver/bow, because i just can't afford a bow of my own, but im happy with everything else, mainly because i followed your guys' advice, and went to the local army surplus to find blackhawk gear, most of it 10-15 bucks! Mostly accessories, but /still/.

Thank you guys so much for working on this, and keeping it alive! :D

Thought Doc Martins? Perhaps 1919 with 8761 soles and then the loop and little piece by the toe and heel added.
But would that much effort have been made when the rest of V1 is so much off the shelf?

I thought the same thing about Doc Marten's at the onset, but came to the same conclusion. Not to say it hasn't been done or wasn't, but I just don't see the costume folks putting a whole lot of extra effort in boots for an off the shelf costume with jsut a few mods(patches, tailoring).

Just a few updates from the 3D printer, etc...
Bow Details.jpg

Hey Guys, long time Lurker, first time poster.

I've been working on cosplays for a while and earlier this year tried my hands at some foam pepakura stuff and I was wondering if anyone could supply me with a 3D Model of the Quiver for me to convert to a foam build for my Hawkeye costume to debut in May.

I also wanted to know if anyone had some arrow head 3D files seeing as a friend of mine might be able to print them for me.

Either post them here for other members or send them to me via PM, I just really need to get my hands on them x)

Thanks for the awesome thread, it's really being helpful seeing as I'll just have a bit over a month to assemble my costume and Best of luck with your own works.

Usually spit out projects faster than a bad piece of sushi but Agent Barton not so much.

Has any of the 3D products found their way to sideway or other 3D printer service?
I have no interest in the files, just want to be able to order the parts when the time and money are right.

So I am a newbie cosplayer and my best friend and I are looking to do Black Widow and Hawkeye for St. Louis Comic Con. I'm so glad I found this thread, it has so much detail, but it is very overwhelming! I am a female and quite busty so I was just wondering what I should start with to get a hawkeye costume ready, I'm very lost.

Thanks!

So I am a newbie cosplayer and my best friend and I are looking to do Black Widow and Hawkeye for St. Louis Comic Con. I'm so glad I found this thread, it has so much detail, but it is very overwhelming! I am a female and quite busty so I was just wondering what I should start with to get a hawkeye costume ready, I'm very lost.

Thanks!

As a fellow busty female who cosplays Hawkeye, I'd be happy to help you. (Sorry, boys, I'm going to hijack the thread for girl talk for a second!) :D

First off, do you have a chest binder or compression shirt? With a compression garment, you can smooth your curvy shape so the vest fits smoothly over your chest. For example, this is my natural figure (as Lara Croft):

lara.jpg

And this is me as Hawkeye, from approximately the same angle:

clint.jpg

I use a binder from T-Kingdom, and I highly recommend their products. However, if you don't want to spend that much or order internationally, you can use a medical compression shirt, waist cincher or elastic belly band to do more or less the same thing. (DO NOT use an Ace bandage or anything non-elastic to wrap your chest, as you can break ribs or damage cartilage by compressing too tightly.)

Since you'll be crossplaying, I'd suggest looking up some makeup tutorials on how to make your face more masculine (here's a good one) and, if your hair isn't really short, invest in a good male hair-replacement wig (the one I'm wearing cost $35 on eBay, and I can get all three feet of my hair up under it). If you need a tutorial on putting long hair up under a wig, I have a step-by-step guide here.

This thread should help you a lot with the actual costume assembly and props acquisition, but if you have any other questions about crossplaying, feel free to ask me; I've done about 50 male characters. Good luck! :)

As a fellow busty female who cosplays Hawkeye, I'd be happy to help you. (Sorry, boys, I'm going to hijack the thread for girl talk for a second!) :D

First off, do you have a chest binder or compression shirt? With a compression garment, you can smooth your curvy shape so the vest fits smoothly over your chest. For example, this is my natural figure (as Lara Croft):

View attachment 346687

And this is me as Hawkeye, from approximately the same angle:

View attachment 346686

I use a binder from T-Kingdom, and I highly recommend their products. However, if you don't want to spend that much or order internationally, you can use a medical compression shirt, waist cincher or elastic belly band to do more or less the same thing. (DO NOT use an Ace bandage or anything non-elastic to wrap your chest, as you can break ribs or damage cartilage by compressing too tightly.)

Since you'll be crossplaying, I'd suggest looking up some makeup tutorials on how to make your face more masculine (here's a good one) and, if your hair isn't really short, invest in a good male hair-replacement wig (the one I'm wearing cost $35 on eBay, and I can get all three feet of my hair up under it). If you need a tutorial on putting long hair up under a wig, I have a step-by-step guide here.

This thread should help you a lot with the actual costume assembly and props acquisition, but if you have any other questions about crossplaying, feel free to ask me; I've done about 50 male characters. Good luck! :)

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into all of this!
Where did you get your bow and quiver?

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into all of this!
Where did you get your bow and quiver?

The bow came from a thrift store (it's a little 25-lb. draw model), and I painted it black. I made the arrows from dowel rods and rubber fletching, since real/nocked/tipped arrows are prohibited at most conventions. The quiver I made using plastic needlepoint canvas, black fabric and the straps from a briefcase -- but only because I was feeling cheap. ^_^ You can buy a standard black nylon quiver for around $25-$30 if you don't want to make your own.

The bow came from a thrift store (it's a little 25-lb. draw model), and I painted it black. I made the arrows from dowel rods and rubber fletching, since real/nocked/tipped arrows are prohibited at most conventions. The quiver I made using plastic needlepoint canvas, black fabric and the straps from a briefcase -- but only because I was feeling cheap. ^_^ You can buy a standard black nylon quiver for around $25-$30 if you don't want to make your own.

Cool, I finally have a starting point for my costume! Thank you so much!

I'm working on a modified version of the suit for a half marathon, and have been searching for the buckles that are attached to the pads/straps on the pants - any idea where to find those? Search after search all I get is the tiny ones that are made for vests. any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :D

The straps located on the thighs don't have any buckles they're strap retainers, the straps are sewn at the edges of the piping/trim along the Cordura panels. Check my first post on page 1 and it'll give you the types, they can be found at some parachute/rock climbing suppliers on the web.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back