Guri's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry: Her Son's Legolas

Re: Legolas - for my 10 year old - Finished!

So cute! And really well done! These are things that I get to look forward to lol!! I love his serious expression in the earlier photos on the grass.

Awe, he is so cute. I love the outfit and how happy he looks to be in it.
Love the boots the most.

Thanks a bunch!

Evenarwen, he played the part so well at the convention we went to. He's a natural! haha!

I've been using craft foam for leather for a long time and I've never made a tutorial for it... until now. And it's a video tutorial too! I hope someone finds it useful. :)

How to make Craft Foam look like Leather - YouTube

Re: Legolas - Finished! Now with VIDEO Tutorial. Post #24

Great tutorial!

Foam stuff is so great because the kids can play in it...roll around...battle etc. more forgiving than styrene.

You're awesome Guri

Aw, thanks tictoc, I'm glad you liked it.

I've thought about doing this sort of thing before, but was never sure it'd be worth the effort. We'll see how this one goes over to know if I'll do any others. :p

You can make craft foam look like metal too... it's great stuff!

Thanks a bunch!

Evenarwen, he played the part so well at the convention we went to. He's a natural! haha!

I've been using craft foam for leather for a long time and I've never made a tutorial for it... until now. And it's a video tutorial too! I hope someone finds it useful. :)

How to make Craft Foam look like Leather - YouTube

This is going to be great. I've been trying to figure out how to do Loki's armguards for my son's costume. You're work is amazing. I started my kids off young, they think cosplay is completely normal :)

Looks great. I have the feeling that my son will outgrow whatever I have already made for his Halo suit I'm working on (very very slowly).

tauriice, I'm sure this method would work for Loki! I was thinking of making some Thor armor for my husband, but that's not going to happen unless i figure out a good place for him to wear it (show it off).

mexicutioner, that's the thing - I made clone trooper armor for my son a couple years back and he only wore it 3x before he outgrew it. Thank goodness for photos.

Thanks. :D

Here are some more photos including a few updates.

I fixed the issue I had with the boots/ shoes and toppers, by taking out the velcro and sewing the craft foam to the canvas tennis shoe. It worked so much better.

I also bought the closest color of blonde human hair extentions for him. It does add to the costume, though he still gets as many 'Robin Hoods' as he does 'that elf from LOTR'. I might test to see if I can use peroxide to lighten them a tad with some of the extra pieces of the hair. But... not sure.

We also bought him a real bow at the ren faire. Since he is 11 and can't even listen about not shooting the suction cup one in the house, he is not ready to be trusted with real arrows. haha!

In the photos is his cousin as a fairy princess. Those wings were so fun to make!

leggy1.jpg

leggy4.jpg

leggy2.jpg

leggy3.jpg

Can you tell they're best friends? They have been since they were born... I'm melting with the cute of it.

Thanks. :D

Here are some more photos including a few updates.

I fixed the issue I had with the boots/ shoes and toppers, by taking out the velcro and sewing the craft foam to the canvas tennis shoe. It worked so much better.

I also bought the closest color of blonde human hair extentions for him. It does add to the costume, though he still gets as many 'Robin Hoods' as he does 'that elf from LOTR'. I might test to see if I can use peroxide to lighten them a tad with some of the extra pieces of the hair. But... not sure.

We also bought him a real bow at the ren faire. Since he is 11 and can't even listen about not shooting the suction cup one in the house, he is not ready to be trusted with real arrows. haha!

In the photos is his cousin as a fairy princess. Those wings were so fun to make!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/epitome_hawke/leggy1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/epitome_hawke/leggy4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/epitome_hawke/leggy2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/epitome_hawke/leggy3.jpg

Can you tell they're best friends? They have been since they were born... I'm melting with the cute of it.

Hey look, it's me!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back