eagle kit info

I think by "kit info" he means donor parts on the original studio models. I'm not aware of an existing thread getting too much into that aspect.

So far there has not bee a list of the Studio Scale Eagle kit parts, but it would be usefull.
So far I have this.

Airfix 1/72 B-29
Airfix 1/144 Saturn V
Revell 1/24 Gemini

Cheers

Tony

mr. Kitbasher says the following in the Sadcrawler parts thread:

"It has been proven however, that the parts from the railgun kits were in fact used on Space:1999 miniatures, which predate ANH models by a year or two. "

Maybe it's a start. I have quite a number of pics of the eagles, i'll start scanning.

New addition.

Airfix 1/24 P-51D Mustang.
Merlin engine block halves, instrument panel and bomb halves are all see as detail parts on the walkway surfaces on the #1 44" Eagle model.

Cheers

Tony

ya beat me to it I was just able to dig out my p51 oh well thanks
any ideas on the pods as far as what wood would be (pun not intended) good for them I had grand ideas of making them from plexi with a bras frame work inside but afraid it would still sag over time
I thought of oak but way to expensive for that size peice pine is too easily warped , alittle help please

ideas suggestions
just found these kits on #2
bandai 1/24 king tiger
airfix 1/24 hawker harrier
airfix1/72 b 29 bomber
tamiya 1/12 john player special
bandai 1/48 hetzer(kagdpanzer)
a repilca built by martin bower has a 1/43 tnt exterior post trailer bottom on one side of the walkways

this is getting interesting now

I can see the 1/24 King Tiger engine panel, though I thought it MIGHT be the Panther ( I really don't know much about tanks), but what parts of the B-29 are on the #2? I know there are at least 5 of the engine cowlings to be seen on the underside of the platforms between the walkways and the leg pods on the #1 model.

Apparently the wood of choice is a type called jetulong? The article about the restoration of the #1 Eagle says that is what the pods are made of.

I have the Airfix B-29 and 3 Saturn V's in hand with another 4 in the mail from the UK, so I have a start on the detail parts. I also have the Airfix 1/24 P-51 for the above mentioned parts. I suppose some sort of map of the walkways would help to identify the parts found and still to be identified.

Cheers

Tony

I was wondering if anyone has id'd the tank suspension parts on top of the walkways I beleive they are 1/35 british maybe chieftan but not 100% sure

sorry I am talking about #2 eagle

icon_smile.gif

so you are saying mark that the suspension parts on the top of the walkways are not cheiftan parts?
and the exhaust parts on the sides of the front walkway are from the 1/25 jagdpanther ? I thought bandai 1/24 king tiger a close seconds in my opinion and yes the damn m 60 is toooooooo damn expensive but hey I got lucky and picked one up for under 200.00 ouch ouch don't hit me

sorry but sometimes it pays to watch ebay until the weeeeeeeee hours of themorning

chuck

I didn't say the Chieftain parts were not used. I said I was talking about the Jadgpanther so as not to get it confused with the Chieftain
icon_smile.gif

FYI, the layout and details of the Bandai King Tiger, Jadgpanther and Panther are not that close to the Tamiya kit.

I picked up another M60, but it was the vaiant A1, for a less amount. I needed two anyways and I wanted to have at least one of each 1/24 Bandai kit so I could see what was and was not used on Star Wars and Galactica models. The Hummel was a steal at $100.00. The re-issue is WAY more.

The moon bus was used on the Ultra Probe. The SR-N 3 was used on one of them. I have to go look and see what.

If you think that's good you should see my Apogee list
icon_razz.gif

That's one I can't let out. Too many people involved with it and I had to swear a blood oath.

Mark

hey thanks mark sorry for the confusion I had a bad day at black rock ............old spencer tracy movie

thanks for the kit info I didn't even think tamiya large scale I imediatly thought bandai I need to widen mu thinking
young minds fresh ideas

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back