Mass Effect 2/3/Andromeda M96 Mattock Heavy Rifle Build V2.5 2017

Re: Mass Effect 2/3 M96 Mattock Heavy Rifle Build V2

dont know if you already have this. Hope it helps!

mass_effect_3__hornet_reference__by_troodon80-d4w89jw.jpg

Better someone do the Valkyrie too

How do you guys keep guessing my guns?? the Falcon is on my list. (volpin did the valkyrie so that would be no fun :)

Ironfett, I have that reference but I do appreciate it anyways :) stumbled upon that goldmine of references when I made my DA account!

Im looking forward to that Talon! I didn't have plans to build one so I'm glad someone is. after the hornet I was planning on doing the locust and the falcon. I have the N7 sniper coming up for someone else so look forward to that too!

Mass effect overload.

That looks sweet!

Is it going to be true to Mass Effect 3, in that it will be an awesome build, but once you paint it, it all falls apart and pinholes appear everywhere to ruin the experience? :lol ;) ;)

That looks sweet!

Is it going to be true to Mass Effect 3, in that it will be an awesome build, but once you paint it, it all falls apart and pinholes appear everywhere to ruin the experience? :lol ;) ;)

Havent played it yet! so no :)

Might offer the hornet, who knows! one step at a time people!

All right, more stuff:

Turned some PVC down on a lathe. (yes, it smelled great!)
I wanted the diameter exactly 1.5" like the plans. Yes, I'm picky ok?

DSCN0488.jpg

While I was at it, I turned this too:

DSCN0493.jpg

to make this

DSCN0498.jpg

Then I could start the little cuts in the barrel. (made with a file and dremel. and patience)

DSCN0494.jpg

and some other details

DSCN0495.jpg

Then the grip. There was only so long I could put this off

DSCN0499.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

breathe deep!

DSCN0502.jpg

Little detail under the outer barrel

DSCN0503.jpg

Need a registration key at the front of the carrying handle, and a few small details. Then its ready for prime/prep!

DSCN0506.jpg

Many Beers died.....to bring us this Mattock.

Mon%20Mothma.jpg

DSCN0497.jpg

looks amazing zander, you gotta do the hornet dude.... i put the talon in illustator and made the vector templates tonight.

Zander, I swear if you finish this entire project before I get the second half of the N7 bucket done, I'm throwing in the towel. :(

Damn Zander! Between you and Bill, I'm feeling some serious gun-build-withdrawal.

Beautiful work sir, looking forward to the finished product. Gotta remold my Valkyrie so I can trade ya!

Eric: second half? you mean molding? you're way ahead of me there. And everyone knows I'm currently mold deficient.

Harrison: Thanks! oh, im sure some more are in store for you. Hey, my guns aren't on TV. So you win!

This has got to be one of the finest scratch-built replicas I've ever seen, Zander. I hope you sell the heck out of them! :) If you sell enough, maybe I'll get my hands on one to paint :)

Really epic stuff, I'm glad to have found your work. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for the future.

Brian
Johnson Arms

This has got to be one of the finest scratch-built replicas I've ever seen, Zander. I hope you sell the heck out of them! :) If you sell enough, maybe I'll get my hands on one to paint :)

Really epic stuff, I'm glad to have found your work. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for the future.

Brian
Johnson Arms

Thanks Brian!

All right, I spent 2 days on the hornet and took the last 3 days off. finally a break. But, I made some progress on the mattock yesterday and a little of today.

So in my first picture I posted I told ya'll I'd be coming back to the scope.

I wanted some cool details that were true to the concept art so I embedded a little LED in the recess on each side.

DSCN0536.jpg

Then i used an aluminum oxide drum to sand out seats for the top side knobs.

DSCN0535.jpg

The knob is made out of MDF and a thumb tack. I knew I bought those for a reason....

DSCN0537.jpg

Then the most hated part of any project begins...

First coat of filler primer on MDF. Yuck.

DSCN0540.jpg

light sand, second coat.

DSCN0541.jpg

Moar stuff.

DSCN0539.jpg

The main body was pretty nasty too. Still havent touched bondo. (doing later..)

DSCN0547.jpg

Details:

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

Still a LOT more sanding/priming//bondo to do, as well as a few half rounds near the carrying handle.

So do you seal it by just putting on several coats of primer or do you use Bondo to fill it and seal too? I haven't used MDF yet, but I've heard quite a few ways to seal it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back