$100 if you can tell me what these are

So,the MXA wrecking crew came up short eh?I thought if anyone knew they would.I'll have a dig around for you though,I could use the $$$$ :p

Paul.

Originally posted by Rogue Studios@Oct 22 2005, 02:48 PM
Battlestar gloves? Gun on Ice Planet Zero?
[snapback]1101759[/snapback]​

Yep.. They were the Gloves the Colonials used.

"Gun on Ice Planet Zero", "Fire in Space", as well as a Painted or dyed black pair that Starbuck wore undercover in "The Long Patrol"

Originally posted by incrediPAUL@Oct 23 2005, 10:25 PM
I've been looking with no luck.

The base or wrist of the gloves looks closer to a work glove.
[snapback]1102340[/snapback]​

That's what I thought - in fact, the glove reminded me very much of the Wells lamont 1130 Indiana Jones glove. Looks just like it, with the plastic sections added on top.

1130B.jpg

Al

Nah, they're MX gloves for sure. I've asked a couple of Vet racers if they recognised them (which they did...), but they can't remember who made them. They pointed me in the direction of the MXA 'wrecking crew'. Heh, a never-ending circle.

I'm still under the impression that they're either JT or Hi-Point. I'm not sure if either are still in the game now, I think JT only does paintball, and maybe a 'lil BMX racing. I have no idea about Hi-Point.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :(

I did some searching, but had no luck, I raced Motorcross and BMX in CA in junior high and high school, I believe those were manufactured for O'Neal racing, but they could be knock off because the logo looks wrong. I can't find any pictures on the Google quick search for images and came up with nothing, but those look an awful lot like late 70's - early 80's motocross racing gloves, they were too bulky and hot :p

You might find them if you try some racing forums with old members, While they are reminiscent of Motorcross gloves, they could be old Snowmobile racing gear.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Maybe it is just me, but it looks like there is knitting at the cuffs. So, winter glove of some sort. I don't know of any motorcross gloves that have knit cuffs.

I could be wrong. Not the first time I have been and doubt that it would be my last ;-)

--Gabriel

Originally posted by Ghadrack@Nov 3 2005, 02:13 PM
I did some searching, but had no luck, I raced Motorcross and BMX in CA in junior high and high school, I believe those were manufactured for O'Neal racing, but they could be knock off because the logo looks wrong.  I can't find any pictures on the Google quick search for images and came up with nothing, but those look an awful lot like late 70's - early 80's motocross racing gloves, they were too bulky and hot :p

You might find them if you try some racing forums with old members, While they are reminiscent of Motorcross gloves, they could be old Snowmobile racing gear.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
[snapback]1109226[/snapback]​

Originally posted by CJP@Oct 19 2005, 02:16 PM
I'm looking for these gloves.  Here's what I know about them:
  • Available mid to late 70's
  • Black palm, inside fingers and thumb
  • Tan upper
  • Off-white padding on back of hand and fingers
  • I'm 99% sure that they're motocross gloves
  • Picture below
I need to know what brand and style they are.

Rules.  This is how you get the $100:
  • Don't post the info here
  • Email me proof of what they are, like picture of them from an ad in an old magazine, in the package or something similar.  Email Chris@ChrisPappas.com
  • Be the first one to email be proof
  • It's got to be an exact match
  • Do not post here, I'll email you when you win and modify the post here. I'll check my email two to three times a day.
If you score me an adult sized pair in decent shape, there's an extra $100 in it for a total of $200.  In fact, if you don't know what they are and just have a pair in good condition, I'll still award you $200 for them.

Chris

glove.jpg

[snapback]1099580[/snapback]​
HEY these are the gloves that O J SIMPSON was wearing at the time of the murders lol you found them off to jail for him lol :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back