1/700 & 1/350 scale BH Cygnus builds

Dave...stop setting the bar so damn high, will you? You're making me feel bad that my results are only twice as big, not twice as good. :lol

Seriously, I'm as agog as anybody else, that's just bloody gorgeous.

PS oh god!! Just LOOK at those third and fourth pics, will you? I'm just sperging out in a huge way right now. :lol

Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with the way the framework came out! I've since peeled the paper off the parts, and today I received two more outboard modules. It's really taking shape now. (I think I keep saying that, but this time I really mean it!) It's all I can do not to glue everything together, but I have to wire up the lighting and make some provision for mounting at this point, so I have to hold off for now. It's not easy! Just have to backfill the remaining parts as budget allows.

I was working on the bow, but I think I'm going to chicken out and leave that for last. I'm starting in on the stern -- it's a little less confusing and a little better documented. Also, I have the plumbing worked out already. I still am not clear how all the pipes connect to the bow. So that's where things are right now. Martyn?

I've been chickening out too for the last week. :lol

I happened to run into the Harry Potter exhibit last week while I was in Singapore and took a bunch of notes re my fave prop, the Marauder's Map. So I've been getting all sidetracked on that, partly because it's an excuse to avoid taking up the reins again on my bow. ******* thing that it is. :lol

The stern is a big job too, for sure. But I can definitely say it is a little easier than the bow; you're dead right there. Eh, either way, don't forget to have fun! I'm getting the itch back; very much looking forward to hitting the "print" button on some of the bigger bow parts.

yeah,especially martyn.simon promised everyone at wasmex after we won best display we would have a 1/2 s/s cygnus at next years wasmex.ha,ha.:facepalm

Funny you should mention us. Dave and I have been comparing notes of late...wait till you see the bits we have coming up. Nyar! :p

Just posted this to Shapeways...44cm long, gulp! Pushing the limits for WSF here. Kinda surprising their first-round checking software even let it through so I won't be surprised if I get a polite rejection email. I'll likely have to break it down into smaller structures, but if it works, oooh, ahh...

1-700-1-350-scale-bh-cygnus-v4-0217.jpg-114707d1348409679

Well, I've just received a rejection email and a 'parts faulty, do you want to cancel?' email; all three parts have problems it seems, fatal in one case.

I'll take the faulty ones anyway since the problems are pretty minor to judge by the pics they sent - namely:

1-700-1-350-scale-bh-cygnus-2012-10-04-16.14.33.jpg-116781d1349369669

Dave's expecting some very cool bits to post in the near future, and I FINALLY got around to breaking out one of my new airbrushes and trialling the corrodable bronze paint a couple of days ago. Thinned some and shot it at several of my existing pieces and yup, it looks waaaaay nicer both pristine and corroded than the grey/black stuff I was using before. I'll post some before and after pics once I have them all weathered.

Wow Martyn! Awesome!

I know it's been a while -- I've finally got some new pics to post. First off, the center span is almost finished. I still want to work some details out, but here's what it's looking like now.

And finally, here is the stern upper platform, and some of the tower antennas. The tower antennas are the first parts I had made in a different material: Fine Ultra Detail. They were a mixed bag. These came out great, but others I had made for the tower base were too delicate and just snapped apart when I tried to take them off the sprues and paint them. I've reinforced them and will try again later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back