Batteries Not Included

Its awesome to see these little guys up close and in such detail, i love the little blue guy.
A big thankyou for the photo share, brings mack some memories.

As i recall, im pretty sure one of the parent ships were destroyed id heard, there is some ref out there of both, but its one of those "sensitive" issues sadly, still, its great to see the little guys.

lee

Around the 2:26 section of the video here:

SDCC 2012: Lucasfilm Booth Tour - Comic Vine

Only about 8 second view but may help..

61220876155333123_ZlumQ3k9_c.jpg

SDCCilmbatteries.jpg

sdcc1272.jpg

All I can see at present..

Has anything come of this? My wife reminded me that this is one of her favourite films; now I am on a hurried search to find something for her birthday...

I would like to know what model parts , if any were used on these. On the larger brown one it looks like a morser karl part was used.

OMG, if this presages awesome triptych artwork of these little guys, please, please count me in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, if this presages awesome triptych artwork of these little guys, please, please count me in!!

I may do a set of posters of these. But for now it's just for building them. I found them in kit form. But they are horribly cast, a lot of detail is missing. I'm just trying to replicate as much lost detail as possible. I got Flotsam and Jetsam. And at least the legs are totally unusable.

To illustrate my point, this blob of almost clear red resin is supposed to be the eyes and intricate detail seen behind the in the photo below.
I will cut off all material and only leave the "figure 8" shape, and scratch the rest. And even that will require a lot of clean up, due to unwanted air bubbles.

PYnhWKa.jpg

Batteries_Not_Included_Blue_Robot_9.jpg

I have a couple of kits, also, and they are awful. They would be perfect, I think, for 3D printing, but I lack the skill to model them in software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the reasons why I will not recommend these kits from Golden Armor.

The eye part for the blue guy, basically just a chunk of clear red resin.
Almost all detail on the sides are destroyed, and unsalvageable. The domes for the eyes are textured and has big gobs of resin spilled around the rims.
The "glasses" are bumpy and filled with holes. These are the only thing I will keep and try to repair.
A2lI0Y5.jpg

Do not get these unless you have a very intimate relationship with your rotary tool.
I cut of the the back, and cut out the eyes. These will be replaced with glass marbles.
neMpPDy.jpg

On this knee joint there is a clear visible fingerprint. The leg has been broken, and glued back together. There is glue spilled all over the joint.
Besides this the details are all wrong, uneven, and in some areas that should be crisp they look like they were done in play-doh.
Legs for this one, and the copper one will be rebuilt from scratch.
HB9lhXd.jpg

CULxrYq.jpg

YL3u8aT.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back